Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:10:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Looking ahead to the offseason
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Looking ahead to the offseason  (Read 2914 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 19, 2010, 06:27:22 pm »

Ok here's what the first four moves this offseason should be:

1) Dump Henning

2) Dump Henne

3) Dump the wildcat

4) Dump some more of the coaches

What next?

You guys decide

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
IowaDolfan

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:32:27 pm »

We need to hire someone on the sidelines that smokes so we always have matches  available to light a fire under these guys asses when we are in shorttime situations
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:24:57 pm »

The wildcat has been useless all year with Brown, who is afraid to get hit.  He's been trying to avoid getting injured so he can sign a contract next year.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 01:01:20 am »

I think that your ideas are reactionary crap, if I'm being quite honest.

If you dump everything and start new, you are in a perpetual state of awful.  You can't go at our problems with a battle axe.  You have to go at it with a scalpel -- find what is the problem and remove only that, while giving the other areas, though not perfect, time to grow and improve.

I'll take your suggestions one by one:

1) Dump Henning

OK.  I think this one takes care of itself.  Word on the street is that he'll retire at the end of the season.  If not, I think that replacing him is fair.  He is old and seems to not be able to make this group gel.

2) Dump Henne

Unlike Henning, where there's always another guy in line for the job, there isn't a guy waiting in the wings to be QB, so you can't just dump your best option at your most important position.  I am against acquiring another stop-gap QB (like McNabb) for a high draft pick, but if you want to draft a guy, fine.  I still think that since Henne is the best QB on our roster, we keep him for next year and start him until someone takes the job.  Dumping him leaves you with a guy that couldn't beat him out.

3) Dump the Wildcat

I like the wildcat.  People take a dump on it, but it's just a run play.  It was responsible for a TD for us as recent as last week.  It seems the same people who want to get rid of Henne are the same people who are pissed that we take him out of the game to use the wildcat.  Which is it?  I like the Wildcat better when we actually use the various wrinkles and not just run off-tackle every time.  Remember, it's only a formation and we only use it a couple of times a game.

4) Dump Some More of the Coaches

The only other coach I think it makes sense to replace besides Henning is possibly the special teams coach, and that'd be only if the interim guy wasn't the long term choice of the management.  As far as the individual position coaches, we fans have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, so it'd be stupid to even speculate, but say, Sparano wanted to replace the defensive backs coach in favor of someone who could coach up their interception-making abilities, fine...whatever.

As for Sparano, I think it would be a bad move by the organization to replace him.  It's not even a defense of Sparano, so much as it is the disgust for more upheaval.   He came to a 1-15 team and is well above .500.  I wish that Sparano wasn't so conservative in his approach to the game, but that's how most of the NFL is, and I'm willing to live with it.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 08:40:06 am »

3) Dump the Wildcat

I like the wildcat.  People take a dump on it, but it's just a run play.  It was responsible for a TD for us as recent as last week.  It seems the same people who want to get rid of Henne are the same people who are pissed that we take him out of the game to use the wildcat.  Which is it?  I like the Wildcat better when we actually use the various wrinkles and not just run off-tackle every time.  Remember, it's only a formation and we only use it a couple of times a game.

I think the Dolphins should bring back the wildcat it worked very effectively for them in 2008. What the Dolphins ran this year is NOT what they ran in 2008.

In 2008, Pennington would stay in the game and thus it would catch defenses off guard.  What they do know is take Henne out of the game and telegraph the intentions to the opposing defense.  Similiar to what the Jets do with Brad Smith.

They are totally different plays.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Landshark
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 08:47:10 am »

I think the Dolphins should bring back the wildcat it worked very effectively for them in 2008. What the Dolphins ran this year is NOT what they ran in 2008.

In 2008, Pennington would stay in the game and thus it would catch defenses off guard.  What they do know is take Henne out of the game and telegraph the intentions to the opposing defense.  Similiar to what the Jets do with Brad Smith.

They are totally different plays.   

The difference is, Brad Smith was a QB in college and can throw on the run.  Ronnie can't do it half as good.
tubba marxxx
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 03:43:05 pm »

Unless we sign Brad Smith since I'm almost possitive he'll be a FA this year..just a thought
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 04:11:39 pm »

Agreed with 1, 2 and 4.

I'd like to see Henne given another shot with a different offensive coordinator and see how he does, but he's on a short leash.  And I'm all for bringing in someone to compete for the job as well, just don't think we should "dump" him.

As far as the Wildcat, I think it's lost it's effectiveness.  Teams now know how to stop it, so there's really no advantage to be gained from running it.  Personally I'd rather see them run a play action or set up a screen or something else than the Wildcat.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 04:56:20 pm »

Ok here's what the first four moves this offseason should be:

1) Dump Henning

2) Dump Henne

3) Dump the wildcat

4) Dump some more of the coaches

What next?

You guys decide

If your gonna dump that many coaches, why not just dump the head coach and start over. Seriously

and you don't dump Henne. At worst he is a decent #2 QB. Someone who can hold the fort if your #1 QB goes down. Those guys are tough to find. Plus Henne is cheap right now so what incentive is there to dump him?
tubba marxxx
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 05:57:43 pm »

Becuase by dumping your Head Coach you concede that you're in rebuilding mode/starting over..again, the team has a couple holes but it's not a canyon
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 07:22:38 pm »

Becuase by dumping your Head Coach you concede that you're in rebuilding mode/starting over..again, the team has a couple holes but it's not a canyon

by dumping a bunch of assistants you are rebuilding. What you think new assistants will come in and run the same friggin stuff that FAILED for 3 years???

Plus if your head coach can't hire decent assistants the first time around, what makes you think he will do a better job this time around?

Some of you people treat the head coach like a spectator. Like he has no say in anything, he's just along for the ride. The head coach has VETO power and he doesn't veto any of these people and lets his crappy coaches do crappy things. Hence, there is blood on his hands!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 08:35:05 pm »

by dumping a bunch of assistants you are rebuilding. What you think new assistants will come in and run the same friggin stuff that FAILED for 3 years???

Plus if your head coach can't hire decent assistants the first time around, what makes you think he will do a better job this time around?

Some of you people treat the head coach like a spectator. Like he has no say in anything, he's just along for the ride. The head coach has VETO power and he doesn't veto any of these people and lets his crappy coaches do crappy things. Hence, there is blood on his hands!
Again, I point to Raheem Morris who fired his OC and DC his first year, and the Bucs are playing pretty good football now.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 09:27:40 pm »

Mine would look like this.

Dump Henning.

Draft some running backs.

Tell Bill Parcells he can get aids n die

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »

On an off note. Why did Marino quit when he was hired as the Senior Vice President of Football Operations in 04 Huh
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 01:50:12 am »

^^^^

Family issues, I believe.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray