Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:04:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Looking ahead to the offseason
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Looking ahead to the offseason  (Read 2915 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 03:35:13 am »

On an off note. Why did Marino quit when he was hired as the Senior Vice President of Football Operations in 04 Huh

Because it was a BS position. Marino thought he would be able to hire the head coach and be working with the GM and help draft players and sign free agents. Wayne wanted him as a figurehead which he had no power and was just there because of his name. And Marino would have NO power or say in anything.

So once Marino found out he was just a puppet, he quit
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 03:54:25 pm »

I'm feeling pretty positive heading into the off-season, although obviously disappointed by this years performance by the Fins.  If the Fins can eke out a win next week (although it probably won't be a "true" win), I'd be happy all things considered.  The Fins played the better teams tough all season.  Had a couple crappy loses (Pitt, Buffalo, Lions).  Too many dropped INT's, poor running game, overall poor offensive calling.

I liken this season to the 1-15 year, not really as bad as the record indicates, a team with a lot of potential for improvement.  Need a new OC, possibly a new HC - I think that depends upon whether the players still have confidence in Sparano.  Draft a couple O-Lineman, a RB, and bring in some QB's to give Henne some competition, maybe find a few diamonds in the rough.  Anybody know who's on the schedule for next year?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 04:22:57 pm »

Anybody know who's on the schedule for next year?
The Jets, Patriots and Bills.  They'll have to play a lot better next year against those 3 teams to have any kinda of shot at the playoffs.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 05:26:44 pm »

The Jets, Patriots and Bills.  They'll have to play a lot better next year against those 3 teams to have any kinda of shot at the playoffs.

We play the NFC East (at NY Giants and at Dallas on Thanksgiving is all but official). Home vs Philly and Washington. And the AFC West home vs Denver and KC; and AT Oakland and San Diego.

We will also play AT Cleveland. And HOME vs Tenn or Houston. Looks like Tenn though.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 12:53:50 pm »

^^^ Thanks MikeO.  Looks like it will be a tougher schedule next year vs. this year.  The Fins better improve.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 08:52:03 am »

On an off note. Why did Marino quit when he was hired as the Senior Vice President of Football Operations in 04 Huh
He didn't want to be that involved. He qucikly realised he didn't want to put that kind of time into the team. He said his weekly gig gave him enough to do.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Landshark
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 10:39:53 pm »

1)  You got that right.  Ross better not even think about bringing back Henning as offensive coordinator next season unless he wants to see more empty orange seats. 

2)  I think you have to keep Henne for two reasons.  First, and most importantly, who else is there to be had?  Second, I think he's been poorly coached.  With the right offensive coordinator and qb coach, he'll develop into a seasoned professional. 

3)  The new offensive coordinator needs to see it for what it is, a gadget play that should be used sparingly

4)  Dump Sparano and David Lee.  Get a guy like Jim Harbaugh to coach this team.
tubba marxxx
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:53 pm »

by dumping a bunch of assistants you are rebuilding. What you think new assistants will come in and run the same friggin stuff that FAILED for 3 years???

Plus if your head coach can't hire decent assistants the first time around, what makes you think he will do a better job this time around?

Some of you people treat the head coach like a spectator. Like he has no say in anything, he's just along for the ride. The head coach has VETO power and he doesn't veto any of these people and lets his crappy coaches do crappy things. Hence, there is blood on his hands!

dude he didn't hire the staff..Parcells did..we all know you hate Sparano..but don't make outlandish claims to try and prove a point
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 12:42:40 am »

I agree about Hennig, though the Wildcat is fine when it isn't 100% of the time a run play. It is also fine when it isn't used during a successful drive, because it messes up the flow.

Henne is not the answer, but I'd rather see him with a new OC rather than another stop gap. If they can draft a franchise QB or trade for one then so be it, but if it's Henne or McNabb, I'll take Henne.

I would also keep Sparano. He isn't great, but he isn't terrible either.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 04:17:56 am »

dude he didn't hire the staff..Parcells did..we all know you hate Sparano..but don't make outlandish claims to try and prove a point

So your saying an NFL head coach didn't hire any assisatants? Give me a break. Come back to reality!

You have no idea what your talking about.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 05:58:48 am »

I agree about Hennig, though the Wildcat is fine when it isn't 100% of the time a run play. It is also fine when it isn't used during a successful drive, because it messes up the flow.

Henne is not the answer, but I'd rather see him with a new OC rather than another stop gap. If they can draft a franchise QB or trade for one then so be it, but if it's Henne or McNabb, I'll take Henne.

I would also keep Sparano. He isn't great, but he isn't terrible either.

The thing that I don't get about the use of the wildcat package is that Ronnie really isn't a threat to throw the ball. I know he has a few times but not that many. I don't see why they don't utilize Thigpen with Ronnie and Ricky in the wildcat. That shy they wasted a draft pick getting Pat White for anyhow. The only difference is that Thigpen can complete a pass. And has probably run for more yards too. I haven't checked that last stat, so I may be wrong on that. If the defense has to cover the run and the pass in the wildcat it would probably work more often than it has this year.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray