Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:46:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  What is the single biggest problem?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Poll
Question: What is the Dolphins single biggest problem?
Steven Ross   -1 (3.6%)
Dan Henning   -13 (46.4%)
Tony Sparano   -5 (17.9%)
Chad Henne   -9 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: What is the single biggest problem?  (Read 16922 times)
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 09:24:52 am »

I don't see how you can replace Henne right now. Not this year anyway. Even if you draft someone, and I assume that would be later, they won't be starting immediately. You really can't trade for a proven person and paying someone like McNabb is just stupid IMO. Even if McNabb did fairly well he is at the back end of his career and he wouldn't last long enough to get us anywhere. Hence we would be right where we are. with a larger payroll.

Pennington was made for Hennings playbook while Henne was not. I think if given the opportunity to open it uop he will do ok. Like I said several times now, he had no problem moving the chains last year but has turned into a younger version of Penny with is check downs. That wasn't coincidence.

What playbook would henne succeed in?  He rarely throws deep and when he does he fucks it up pretty bad.  I think he is like 9 for 36 on passes thrown >20 yards this year.  How many times have we seen a receiver have the cornerback beat by 5 yards and Henne FUBARs the throw? 
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 09:41:01 am »

Why should Henne keep getting a chance?  Here are the 2nd round qbs drafted since 1995.  Not very many promising careers there.  Brees btw was the first pick of the second round.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=1995&year_max=2010&type=&round_min=2&round_max=2&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=&pos=QB&conference=any&show=p
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 01:06:20 pm »

^^ 1st round pick is no gimme either.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=1995&year_max=2010&type=&round_min=1&round_max=1&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=&pos=QB&conference=any&show=all

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 01:15:11 pm »

^^^ best round for QBs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=1995&year_max=2010&type=&round_min=6&round_max=6&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=&pos=QB&conference=any&show=all

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 01:18:51 pm »

Well 16 out of 38 are legitimate pro bowl qbs.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 01:25:55 pm »

^^ Pro Bowl?  You're kidding right? 

How many are proven franchise QB's?  7? out of 38.

That's a whopping 18.4% success rate.

And 1 of them played worse than Henne this year.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:28:18 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 01:30:52 pm »

^^ Pro Bowl?  You're kidding right? 

How many are proven franchise QB's?  7? out of 38.

That's a whopping 18.4% success rate.

as opposed to 1 out of 18? 

also, i count way more than 7 out of 38. 
Collins, Mcnair, manning1, mcnabb, vick, palmer, big rape, rivers, manning2, rodgers, cutler, vy, flacco, ryan, freeman, bradford.  with stafford, tebow and sanchez as maybes.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 01:43:44 pm »

as opposed to 1 out of 18? 

also, i count way more than 7 out of 38. 
Collins, Mcnair, manning1, mcnabb, vick, palmer, big rape, rivers, manning2, rodgers, cutler, vy, flacco, ryan, freeman, bradford.  with stafford, tebow and sanchez as maybes.
LOL, whatever.  I wouldn't take Collins, Palmer, VY, Freeman, Sanchez or Tebow over Henne right now.
Flacco, Bradford and Stafford are hardly proven, although I would take them over Henne.
I'm still not convinced about Ryan although everyone has appointed him a franchise QB.
I'm also not sure about Cutler who doesn't have much more between the ears than Henne.  In fact I'd say if you give Henne a few years in the league and a decent OC you got Cutler.  Great arm but still has those WTF moments.
I'll give you McNair who I missed in my first assessment which makes 8.

Yeah, that's better than 1 out of 18, but unless I'm mistaken Miami doesn't have 5 #1's in next year's draft.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:19:12 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 01:48:28 pm »

well collins was drafted in 1995, so of course you wouldn't take him.  I would take all the other qbs over henne now. flacco's any/a was 6.1 last year, and is 6.6 this year.  bradford is in his rookie season.  Freeman has a 6.8 any/a this year. palmers any/a is 5.6 which is still higher than henne. and sanchez is 5.4.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 01:52:59 pm »

well collins was drafted in 1995, so of course you wouldn't take him.
I wouldn't have taken Collins in his first 3 years in the league either.  His stats were FAR WORSE than Henne's.  Hell his CAREER stats don't look much better than Henne's.

I would take all the other qbs over henne now. flacco's any/a was 6.1 last year, and is 6.6 this year.  bradford is in his rookie season.  Freeman has a 6.8 any/a this year. palmers any/a is 5.6 which is still higher than henne. and sanchez is 5.4.
Oh, well in that case....I STILL wouldn't take them.  They ALL might turn out better than Henne, but I wouldn't bet on any 1 of them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:58:22 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 02:01:27 pm »

Hard to say how much of 1st round success vs. 2nd round is the QB is better or that they get more chances.

Clearly they should be better or whole lot of talent evaluators on 32 NFL teams are getting paid a lot of money for nothing. 

But that is not the whole story.  The Jets must make Sanchez work. They invested two draft picks and a ton of money in his.  So he has to play a whole lot worse than Henne to get benched.  Cutting Henne won't hurt the Dolphins in the salary cap area and he was only a 2nd round pick investment.  So he will get less chances to prove himself. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 12:05:07 pm »

I have something to make all of you feel better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

There.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 09:47:20 am »

^^^^ After that I linked to the Dolphins drafting of Ginn. It unexpectedly made me laugh. I guess its the irony of the fact they invited us fans into the bubble to celebrate the draft and immediately got the complete opposite. It's much easier for me to watch today than when it happened!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
bsfins
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 12:20:43 pm »

This is more of a question,but I think it relates....Are our scouts like our front office/Upper management? What I mean by that...Regardless of who was coach,We still had people in the organization for 20-30 years,that were Wayne's so called brain trust, marketing people,business people,etc...Brian Weidmer (sp?) (It's the name I keep thinking about). I know When Saban came in, he changed the system of the way we scout players,but never heard about the scouts themselves...Kind of the same thing with Parcells,his first draft, we had to use the former scouting system (being it was the offseason)

I'm Assuming that we've brought in "their" scouts...It just feels we've made alot of the same mistakes, regardless of regime the past decade...

You can have bugatti veyron,and put in bad gas....It's gonna run like shit, and break alot....
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 03:29:17 pm »

You can't go wrong by saying your choice starts with "Hen..."

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray