Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:39:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  What is the single biggest problem?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Poll
Question: What is the Dolphins single biggest problem?
Steven Ross   -1 (3.6%)
Dan Henning   -13 (46.4%)
Tony Sparano   -5 (17.9%)
Chad Henne   -9 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: What is the single biggest problem?  (Read 16924 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 03:30:08 pm »

well collins was drafted in 1995, so of course you wouldn't take him.  I would take all the other qbs over henne now. flacco's any/a was 6.1 last year, and is 6.6 this year.  bradford is in his rookie season.  Freeman has a 6.8 any/a this year. palmers any/a is 5.6 which is still higher than henne. and sanchez is 5.4.

Oh, man...would I love to have Freeman.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 06:50:35 pm »

A problem underlooked:

Carpenter has missed 10 FGs outside of 40 yards this year.  A far cry from when he was a pro-bowler.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 06:56:44 pm »

A problem underlooked:

Carpenter has missed 10 FGs outside of 40 yards this year.  A far cry from when he was a pro-bowler.   

If the FG kicker misses 10 FG from outside the 40 the problem isn't the kicker...its the offense for not getting a bit closer to the end zone occasionally.  Might be asking much to expect them to actually score a touchdown...but they need at least be somewhat near the end zone. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 11:04:13 pm »

If the FG kicker misses 10 FG from outside the 40 the problem isn't the kicker...its the offense for not getting a bit closer to the end zone occasionally.  Might be asking much to expect them to actually score a touchdown...but they need at least be somewhat near the end zone. 

Lack of TDs it the problem not the kicker !!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2010, 01:34:07 am »

Problem is that the offense appears to "stop trying" once they get to the 30.  Like the goal line is the one with the "3" and "0" next to it.  Cause we can just kick a FG and then Tony can do his sideline happy dance.

Too conservative, all the way around.  Too conservative in the passing game, in 2 minutes, with the lead, everywhere.

Just once I want to see the Dolphins run up the score on someone.  I want to see them take a 10-point lead with 7:00 to go against the Lions and drive down the field and score another TD.  Not run 3 plays trying to waste the clock and then punt 42 seconds later...

Conservative football never wins in the NFL.
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2010, 01:42:12 am »

Problem is that the offense appears to "stop trying" once they get to the 30.  Like the goal line is the one with the "3" and "0" next to it.  Cause we can just kick a FG and then Tony can do his sideline happy dance.

Too conservative, all the way around.  Too conservative in the passing game, in 2 minutes, with the lead, everywhere.

Just once I want to see the Dolphins run up the score on someone.  I want to see them take a 10-point lead with 7:00 to go against the Lions and drive down the field and score another TD.  Not run 3 plays trying to waste the clock and then punt 42 seconds later...

Conservative football never wins in the NFL.

Yea, it was much more fun to see Henne throw 2 interceptions including a pick 6. The dolphins have been too pass happy this year considering how bad their qb is, and you think they are conservative?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 01:45:59 am »

Yea, it was much more fun to see Henne throw 2 interceptions including a pick 6. The dolphins have been too pass happy this year considering how bad their qb is, and you think they are conservative?
ABSOLUTELY.

The running game is 9th in the league in attempts but 20th in yards, for 3.7 YPC.  Only the Bengals have a worse rushing average (3.6).  Would you continue to run given that kind of performance?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:50:20 am by Brian Fein » Logged
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 01:56:28 am »

ABSOLUTELY.

The running game is 9th in the league in attempts but 20th in yards, for 3.7 YPC.  Only the Bengals have a worse rushing average (3.6).  Would you continue to run given that kind of performance?

well 35 of them happen to be chad henne scrambles for 52 huge yards. Ronnie and Ricky are averaging 4 ypc. The team has run the ball 429 times (including henne's passing play scrambles), and dropped back to pass 553 times. The only reason this offense is failing is because Chad Henne is a poor qb.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 10:23:10 am »

it's what people don't get...

henne has 18 int's on only 474 attempts, but hey let's throw the ball around even more. i mean just think about it. as conservative as this offense is, henne is almost at the very top of interceptions.

i think everyone would love to see a wide open offense, putting up a lot of points. henne isn't the guy to run that kind of offense unless you want to push for the record on int's in one year.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 04:04:06 pm »

henne isn't the guy to run that kind of offense unless you want to push for the record on int's in one year.

Might as well, at least then he win at something !!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 11:13:55 pm »

At some point, you have to try to score points on offense.  You can't only call plays to "protect" your players for so long.  If it's true that we can't call more passing plays because Henne would throw so many picks, then we need to think about replacing Henne.

I get adapting your play calling to fit the players you have, but you also have to move out the players that prevent you from calling the plays you want.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2011, 01:55:49 am »

You really think the coaches agree with dolfan13?

All due respect, but the fans opinion makes no bearing on what happens on Sundays.  No one from the team has aired any distrust with Henne, and its all supposition by fans that the coaches think he sucks.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2011, 06:49:33 am »

All due respect, but the fans opinion makes no bearing on what happens on Sundays.  No one from the team has aired any distrust with Henne, and its all supposition by fans that the coaches think he sucks.

uh, this is the same coaching staff that benched henne for a one-armed qb. it is pretty obvious they don't have a whole lot of trust in him.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2011, 09:25:58 am »

I kind of disagree. This is entertainment like any other sport. The fans pay to be entertained. The management and coaches are paid that money to put the asses in the seats and entertain them. If the team does well and wins the fans don't really have a legit reason to bitch and moan because the team is doing it's job. If the team doesn't and the fans don't think they are getting their money worth, they may not spent it or spend it elsewhere. If your new generic clone HDTV doesn't work after a week, do you sit around with a broken generic HDTV or do you get your reciept and replace it with a name brand model Huh At the end of the day it's all about getting the consumer's money and giving them what they want, i.e. not Henne........................ .
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:29:23 am by badger6 » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2011, 03:57:07 pm »

Yeah, you're right, and I agree, but its not Tony Sparano's job to sell tickets.  His job is to win games and make the decisions that lead to long-term success (i.e. winning games and championships).  Its someone else's job to put asses in the seats (presumably Mike Dee). 

Granted they go hand-in-hand, because people show up when you're winning.  But, primarily, I don't think Sparano makes his decisions based on what will sell more tickets.  If he is, then he's not the guy I want coaching.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray