Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:41:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  What is the single biggest problem?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Poll
Question: What is the Dolphins single biggest problem?
Steven Ross   -1 (3.6%)
Dan Henning   -13 (46.4%)
Tony Sparano   -5 (17.9%)
Chad Henne   -9 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: What is the single biggest problem?  (Read 16925 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2011, 12:35:02 pm »

Ronnie and Ricky are averaging 4 ypc.
Not this year they aren't.  Ronnie is averaging 3.7 and Ricky is averaging 4.2.  Together they are averaging 3.9 ypc.  Last year the 2 combined for 4.5 ypc.

The team has run the ball 429 times (including henne's passing play scrambles), and dropped back to pass 553 times. The only reason this offense is failing is because Chad Henne is a poor qb.
Henne's completion percentage improved from 60.8% to 61.4%, his average ypa went up from 6.4 to 6.7 and his QB rating improved from 75.2 to 75.4.  Everyone expected a lot more from Henne this year including me, but he's not the only reason the offense failed.

And here's more evidence that Hartline's loss was huge for Henne.  Before Hartline went out, his completion percentage was 63.3% and his ypa was 7.3.  He had 11 TD's and 12 Int's at that point.  I don't know how to calculate a QB rating from that, but it would be a lot higher than 75.4 since 3 of his bottom 4 games were after Hartline went out and all but 1 were below the 75.4 final rating.

It's clear that Henne and Marshall never got in sync and after Hartline got injured, Bess was the only WR that Henne trusted.  I'm not blaming that all on Marshall, but I don't think you can blame that all on Henne either.  Marshall didn't exactly get along with the QB's in Denver either.  Orton is having a better year in Denver without Marshall and Cutler didn't exactly fall off the map after going to Chicago where they have less in the way of WR's than Miami does.  We all expected the Henne to Marshall thing to just blossom, but it hasn't.  You can blame that all on Henne if you want, but I'm not buying it. Henne's best game was when Marshall was on the sidelines.  Coincidence?  Maybe not.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 02:19:27 pm »

Not this year they aren't.  Ronnie is averaging 3.7 and Ricky is averaging 4.2.  Together they are averaging 3.9 ypc.  Last year the 2 combined for 4.5 ypc.
Henne's completion percentage improved from 60.8% to 61.4%, his average ypa went up from 6.4 to 6.7 and his QB rating improved from 75.2 to 75.4.  Everyone expected a lot more from Henne this year including me, but he's not the only reason the offense failed.

LOL. When I posted that Ronnie was averaging 3.7 ypc, and ricky 4.36.  The combined for 347 attempts and 1388 yards.  or exactly 4 ypc.
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 02:21:35 pm »

And here's more evidence that Hartline's loss was huge for Henne.  Before Hartline went out, his completion percentage was 63.3% and his ypa was 7.3.  He had 11 TD's and 12 Int's at that point.  I don't know how to calculate a QB rating from that, but it would be a lot higher than 75.4 since 3 of his bottom 4 games were after Hartline went out and all but 1 were below the 75.4 final rating.

It's clear that Henne and Marshall never got in sync and after Hartline got injured, Bess was the only WR that Henne trusted.  I'm not blaming that all on Marshall, but I don't think you can blame that all on Henne either.  Marshall didn't exactly get along with the QB's in Denver either.  Orton is having a better year in Denver without Marshall and Cutler didn't exactly fall off the map after going to Chicago where they have less in the way of WR's than Miami does.  We all expected the Henne to Marshall thing to just blossom, but it hasn't.  You can blame that all on Henne if you want, but I'm not buying it. Henne's best game was when Marshall was on the sidelines.  Coincidence?  Maybe not.

Henne's ANY/A (which is a much better stat than either qb rating or completion % since it takes into account sacks) went from 4.84 last year to 4.92.  Which is lower than 27th in the league. He is not a good qb.  There is a reason he wasn't voted a captain this year.  Nobody on the team believes in him.  He is a loser.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2011, 03:19:56 pm »

Henne's ANY/A (which is a much better stat than either qb rating or completion % since it takes into account sacks) went from 4.84 last year to 4.92.  Which is lower than 27th in the league. He is not a good qb.  There is a reason he wasn't voted a captain this year.  Nobody on the team believes in him.  He is a loser.
So again he improved from last year to this year while Ricky and Ronnie's production dropped off.  Why again is he the sole reason for Miami's offensive problems?  How is it that Henne improved but Ricky and Ronnie got worse?

tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2011, 03:39:36 pm »

Henne improved because they brought in a top 5 NFL receiver in marshall.

If henne keeps improving at the rate he did this year, he will be a top 5 NFL qb in 26 years!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2011, 05:46:24 pm »

Henne improved because they brought in a top 5 NFL receiver in marshall.
Well Marshall certainly didn't play like a top 5 NFL receiver this year.  Even when Thigpen was in the game.

Henne and Marshall were a combined 79 out of 130 (61%) for 881 yards (6.8 ypa) with 3 TD's and 6 INT's.
Thigpen and Marshall were a combined 7 out of 14 (50%) for 133 yards (9.5 ypa) with zero TD's and 1 INT.

Henne and Bess were a combined 77 out of 113 (68%) for 776 yards (6.9 ypa) with 4 TD's and 5 INT's.
Thigpen and Bess were a combined 4 out 14 (29%) for 44 yards (3.1 ypa) with 1 TD's and 0 INT's.

Henne and Hartline were a combined 37 out of 63 (59%) for 526 yards (8.3 ypa) with 1 TD and 3 INT's.
Thigpen and Hartline were a combined 5 of 9 (56%) for 70 yards (7.8 ypa) with 0 TD's and 1 INT's.

Marshall didn't fare any better than Hartline did and worse than Bess.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:05:09 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2011, 05:48:30 pm »

he didn't play like a top 5 wr because he had a retard throwing him the ball.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2011, 05:53:51 pm »

he didn't play like a top 5 wr because he had a retard throwing him the ball.
I'm pretty sure that Hartline and Bess had the same guy throwing to them.

By the way the ypa/a for Henne you have is wrong.  He actually only had 18 interceptions.  He had an incomplete pass ruled an Interception in one game.  Not sure which one it was, but the player definately didn't catch it in the air.  I couldn't figure out why my INT's didn't match up with his yearly stats and then I figured it out.  They didn't rule it an INT in the play by play and that's why I didn't count it.  That boosts his ypa/a to 5.02. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:43:11 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2011, 07:20:24 pm »

I voted for Henning...but a good QB could have performed in spite of Henning.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2011, 07:31:37 pm »

On one hand you have people saying that if the coaching staff saw something in Thigpen that he would have been playing. So in that case the coaching staff knows best when it comes to the QB position.

On the other hand you have the same people saying the the coaching staff has handcuffed Henne with the plays they call and/or won't let him audible, which means that they don't trust him. But in this case the coaching staff doesn't know what's best when it comes to the QB position.

Can't have it both ways !!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:33:49 pm by badger6 » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2011, 09:36:07 pm »

^ you can have both.

Henne sticks.  The fact that Thigpen couldn't beat him out of the job means he's probably worse.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray