Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:17:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  49er's Singlettary gone
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 49er's Singlettary gone  (Read 4095 times)
Stinger24

« on: December 27, 2010, 12:26:03 am »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=79799

Mr. Ross you need to do the same thing to Sparno now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 11:21:08 am »

I don't know about firing Sparano.

I think we need stability at the coaching position.   I think Sparano has the right mindset as an NFL coach.  He gets players in shape.  If we bring in another guy, we risk having happen again what occurred with Cameron in 2007.

The coordinators are the guys that need to go

Btw, how about Ginn's return yesterday?   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 11:38:40 am »

If we bring in another guy, we risk having happen again what occurred with Cameron in 2007.
This is the only reason anyone would want Sparano around for another season, because they're scared it could be worse.

I'm willing to take that chance because it could also be a LOT better.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:04:25 pm »

You have to love a thread about Mike Singletary where every post is actually about Tony Sparano... Maybe this was just a way to expand the current "call for Sparano's head" territory beyond the Phins and anti-Phins sections. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 12:19:34 pm »

You have to love a thread about Mike Singletary where every post is actually about Tony Sparano... Maybe this was just a way to expand the current "call for Sparano's head" territory beyond the Phins and anti-Phins sections. Wink

Honestly, Mike Singletary should have never been about to be an NFL Head Coach.  Here is a great post about how bad he was http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=22016566&postcount=906 . I can't believe how stupid he is, and that somebody thought he would be a good NFL coach. His gameplanning was simply terrible.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 01:07:18 pm »

Not just "somebody" who thought he'd be a good coach, but "many somebodies." Singletary was going to get a HC position somewhere, whether the 49ers gave him the job or someone else. It's the whole pigskin Peter Principle...promote the person until he's no longer capable of doing the job...and then fire him for not getting the job done.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:54:50 pm »

Soooo many rumors I'm hearing from people who are supposedly "close to the situation" that say that Harbaugh will be the 49ers next head coach. Now, if we could just find a sucker to give up the top pick for SF's #7 plus Alex Smith...then we could bring in Andrew Luck with Harbaugh, and I'd be an extremely happy puppy.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:24:29 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

~ Micah Leggat
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 02:02:36 pm »

This should be such a hot job. good history with the 49ers, in a terribly weak division.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 02:23:48 pm »

I'm sure Andrew Luck would appreciate all the blue chip O-linemen that the Niners have drafted the past couple of years...not to mention having weapons like Frank Gore, Vernon Davis and Michael Crab-Diva.

~ Micah Leggat
Landshark
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »

I'm sure Andrew Luck would appreciate all the blue chip O-linemen that the Niners have drafted the past couple of years...not to mention having weapons like Frank Gore, Vernon Davis and Michael Crab-Diva.

What do you think it would take for the Niners to move up from 7th to 1st?
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 03:40:56 pm »

What do you think it would take for the Niners to move up from 7th to 1st?

My uneducated opinion would be a miracle, if Luck declares for the draft he will be a Carolina player and if there was ever an incentive to stay on another year....that is it :-)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:25 pm »

My uneducated opinion would be a miracle, if Luck declares for the draft he will be a Carolina player and if there was ever an incentive to stay on another year....that is it :-)
Is Carolina already giving up on Clausen?  I haven't seen him play all year, so I don't know a thing about him, but it seems like they are giving up awful quickly on the guy.  Has Carolina stated they would be taking Luck, or is that just the consensus?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray