Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:17:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  With the 15th pick in 2011NFL Draft The Miami Dolphins select...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: With the 15th pick in 2011NFL Draft The Miami Dolphins select...  (Read 14165 times)
Alwaysdullfan

« on: January 10, 2011, 12:03:47 am »

Who do you think the Dolphins should take? Or more so what position they should look at most? Or maybe trade up/down? Obviously we need some offensive players to fill the holes, overall i think the defense was the only thing that kept the Miami somewhat in this season's games. But if they fell behind in a game cuz Henne threw ints there just wasnt enough explosiveness on offense to catch up and comeback into ball games. The defense and special teams can only do so much. Dolphins ''D'' on the last few years has always been considered one of the best in at least some category, but the offense never put any points on the board or made exciting plays. And stop with the "wildcat" already right. It was ok those few games until other teams figured it out but not its useless. I think Miami's top priority is QB, but i would go and get a veteran like McNabb or Kolb and not give up that 1st rd pick. Maybe o=line. I think both Ricky and Ronnie wont be back so RB is a big concern. And adding another receiver, maybe TE, or just RB that can catch the ball too would def. help since Marshall gets double teamed alot. But def. QB probaby veteran that can get the ball in Marshall's hands and let him make plays, cuz I dont think Henne can get us anywhere. Any thoughts?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:09:33 am »

It's really hard to predict halfway through the draft, but if elite QBs are still on the board, I'd take a QB.  I would not draft an RB in the first round.  I think that you can find role-player type RBs, retreads, etc and be fine at that position. 

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 01:31:39 am »

I'll put them in order:

1.  Trade down via last year and acquire a late round 1st and 2nd.

2.  Draft Mark Ingram

3.  Draft a QB (probably Jake Locker)

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 01:50:54 am »

Tenshot13, I presume (by your ordering of priorities) that you intend for MIA to take another second-round QB?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 01:57:42 am »

Tenshot13, I presume (by your ordering of priorities) that you intend for MIA to take another second-round QB?

No, there really isn't a franchise QB coming out in this draft IMO.  Why waste a pick on a guy when there are other better players available.  What I'm hoping for is a stop gap free agent and giving a mid to late round guy a few years, not as our savior but as possibility a project that may pan out, and if in 2012 we get a chance to draft a franchise guy so be it.  Almost like stocking up on QB talent instead of just depending on one guy.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 09:42:43 am »

I'll put them in order:

2.  Draft Mark Ingram

Agree. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 06:21:29 pm »

Offensive Playmaker. I don't even care what position.

TE, RB, WR, QB.....someone who will make plays for our offense in some way, shape, or form. An explosive offensive player
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 06:28:12 pm »

I'll put them in order:

2.  Draft Mark Ingram

This sounds good actually... IMO!

Bring in a McNabb and groom Locker or whoever! (Mallet, Gabbert)

I remember Aaron Rodgers waiting three yrs sitting behind Bret I don't think it hurt him at all. 

I hate to keep bringing up McNabb but what else who else is out there?
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 01:23:00 pm »

Palmer, Orton, Kolb, Campbell, Derek Anderson, Vince Young, and Tavaris Jackson are all "out there." Not saying that any of them is necessarily the way I would go, but they're all former or current starters. -EK
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:24:34 pm by EKnight » Logged
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 01:31:25 pm »

Palmer, Orton, Kolb, Campbell, Derek Anderson, Vince Young, and Tavaris Jackson are all "out there." Not saying that any of them is necessarily the way I would go, but they're all former or current starters. -EK

I think Campbell is a good QB he's never been in the same offense more than 1 season his entire career!  Every yr at Washington he had a new OC and then ended up with the Raiders.  I'd be interested in what he could do given a chance in a system with more than 1 yr.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 02:13:35 pm »

I'd like to see the Fins draft the best available offensive lineman when their turn comes.  An improved O-line will help with the running and passing game.  I'd actually like to see them use most of their draft picks on O-Lineman.
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 03:54:44 pm »

I'd like to see the Fins draft the best available offensive lineman when their turn comes.  An improved O-line will help with the running and passing game.  I'd actually like to see them use most of their draft picks on O-Lineman.

With the way this yrs draft looks for us this might not be a bad idea...  I say bring in Young see what he can do to compete with Henne.  People are talking about Mark Ingram for us at #15 I'm not too sold on him as the next Emmitt Smith.  I like his toughness but the Emmitt Smith's of the world are far and few between. I'd rather see a RB with game breaking speed Emmitt didn't have the speed but he did have a beast of an O-line.
Landshark
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 06:22:59 pm »

I agree.  That kid from Florida, Michael Pouncey, is a bear.  He can pull from one side of the field to the other.  At times, I've seen him beat the running back down the field looking for someone to go plowing into. 

He's had problems with shotgun snaps though, so I'd have him working at his natural guard position.  I'd say draft him instead of Ingram. 

If we can trade down and acquire a second and still get him, it would be great.  I don't think any of the top QB's for this draft is a sure thing, so I'd get Ricky Stanzi from Iowa or Colin Kapernick from Nevada in the later rounds and let them get a chance to develop. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 06:52:43 pm »

I don't know what we will do, if the right QB is there grab him.

The one thing I wouldn't do is trade down. We need impact players. We need special players. We need guys that go in the top half of the draft. Not saying you can't get impact players late in round 1, but I think we should swing for the fences and jump on a top guy. A Top 15 guy in this draft.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 11:12:24 am »

I'm warming to the idea of Mark Ingram.  Given Brown's history of injury, and Williams' age, it's something we need to address near term and I think Ingram's field vision and running style will work behind our offensive line, which wasn't a great run blocking unit this year.  I know Ingram gets knocked for his lack of elite speed and athleticism, but he has some intangibles that make me believe he could be successful at the next level. 

Here's some analysis if you are interested - http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2012-Big-Board/Mark-Ingram.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray