Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:45:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Brian Daboll to be named Dolphins offensive coordinator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Brian Daboll to be named Dolphins offensive coordinator  (Read 15153 times)
Adam First

The Dawn of a New Era

Email
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:15:07 pm »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6030633

He was the Cleveland Browns' offensive coordinator for the past two seasons.
Well then.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:23:21 pm by Adam First » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 02:59:38 pm »

My first reaction, "Who is that?"
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 03:00:45 pm »

Well at least he's young, 35.  That's what half the age of our last OC?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 03:03:03 pm »

Interesting.  This is a young guy (35), who seemed to do okay with a messy QB situation in Cleveland.  I don't think it will be any worse.  I wonder if he was fired or about to be fired in Cleveland, now that Mangini is gone?
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 03:09:51 pm »

didn't the browns score fewer points than the dolphins did this year? their offense was basically hand off peyton hillis, hand off peyton hillis, hand off peyton hillis. with a little wildcat sprinkled in with the cribbs guy they have.
dolphaholic

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 03:10:20 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgU42Yzbf84

I think this fist pump of a FG is what sold Sparano.......a man after his heart. Grin
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 03:23:58 pm »

My first reaction, "Who is that?"

I had this same reaction.....I am sure we are not alone. Maybe it is a good thing not bringing in a big name guy!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 03:37:43 pm »

Don't forget that Cleveland was only 1 of 2 teams to beat New England this year.  Daboll comes from the Belicheck tree and also coached for the Jets recently.  Perhaps he knows a little something about not just coaching those offenses, but how to stop them as well.  Practicing against a real life NFL offense might just give the Dolphins D a better shot at stopping the Jets and Patriots next year.  Wishful thinking I know, but it's all I got for now.

Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 04:12:40 pm »

Initially, I said that Daboll did okay in Cleveland, but I went back to look over the numbers.  Not so good, in fact, pretty much at or near the bottom in most offensive categories. 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=0011&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

I know it can be difficult to go by numbers alone, but I wonder what they see in this guy that would mitigate the stats.  We basically just hired the guy who was in charge of the worst offense in the AFC, can someone explain this please?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 04:14:55 pm »

Initially, I said that Daboll did okay in Cleveland, but I went back to look over the numbers.  Not so good, in fact, pretty much at or near the bottom in most offensive categories. 
He didn't have much to work with there in Cleveland either though.  I'll take checkdown Chad over anyone that's played QB for the Browns in the last 2 years except for maybe McCoy who looks like he might actually have a bit of something.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 04:30:23 pm »

It's a safe hire for Tony. A guy Sparano won't have to look over his shoulder and worry he will be sabotaging or pulling backroom deals with Ross  him trying to get his job.

Not a fan of this move. Hope I'm wrong
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 04:49:52 pm »

I believe Daboll is a big Brady Quinn guy. He worked with him in Cleveland and was high on Quinn.

Not saying I want Quinn, but nothing would surprise me.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 05:01:24 pm »

We replace our OC with one of the few (the very few) coordinators in the league with a worse offense than our own.

This is like if Minnesota fired Brad Childress and then hired Mike Singletary to replace him.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 05:02:41 pm »

We replace our OC with one of the few (the very few) coordinators in the league with a worse offense than our own.

This is like if Minnesota fired Brad Childress and then hired Mike Singletary to replace him.

Maybe we are trying to TANK the season to draft Andrew Luck!!

badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 05:05:44 pm »

And then a week later replaced Mike Singletary with Wade Phillips !!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray