Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:21:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 39572 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2011, 09:00:15 pm »

I'm happy with the trade...thought they moved up enough to warrant losing the later picks.

Just my opinion, and I could be completely off...but I see these first two picks as Ireland/Sparano saying that they're NOT ready to give up on Henne and are giving him one last shot, with improved offensive support, to show that he can win games as Miami's starting QB.

OR that they think they can get a Carson Palmer or Kevin Kolb via trade once the lockout ends. It's one of the two. If you listen to Omar and the other beat reporters, they all say the coaches and front office has given up on Henne. So who knows.

MY BELIEF....is that Sparano/Ireland know their jobs are on the line with our screwball owner, so they don't want no rookie QB. They want a vet who can win now. Not some kid who they gotta wait to learn
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2011, 09:00:31 pm »

I'm happy with the trade...thought they moved up enough to warrant losing the later picks.
They panicked when they saw Vereen and Leshoure come off the board and moved up to get him. That's ok, but it wasn't necessarily a good move, they basically didn't have any choice.

Just my opinion, and I could be completely off...but I see these first two picks as Ireland/Sparano saying that they're NOT ready to give up on Henne and are giving him one last shot, with improved offensive support, to show that he can win games as Miami's starting QB.
Nah, it means they think they can get one of the other teams cast offs like Vince Young. Everyone else that needed a QB picked one.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2011, 09:00:56 pm »

I was thinking the same thing.  There are a lot of similarities.  He seems to hit the hole a lot harder than Ronnie though (that'swhatshesaid).  

But in Rd 2. Not with the #2 overall pick of the draft. Give me Ronnie Brown at the end of Round 2 and its a friggin steal of a pick
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2011, 09:02:26 pm »

OR that they think they can get a Carson Palmer or Kevin Kolb via trade once the lockout ends. It's one of the two. If you listen to Omar and the other beat reporters, they all say the coaches and front office has given up on Henne. So who knows.

MY BELIEF....is that Sparano/Ireland know their jobs are on the line with our screwball owner, so they don't want no rookie QB. They want a vet who can win now. Not some kid who they gotta wait to learn

You're probably right.  Fill all the other positions of need and get a vet QB to lead them.  So chances are pretty good we go with speed WR, pass catching TE or OLB then right?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:26 pm »

But in Rd 2. Not with the #2 overall pick of the draft. Give me Ronnie Brown at the end of Round 2 and its a friggin steal of a pick

Never said it was a bad thing.  I personally like this pick.  If we can get D. Williams to match up with him as a FA then look out.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:36 pm »

You're probably right.  Fill all the other positions of need and get a vet QB to lead them.  So chances are pretty good we go with speed WR, pass catching TE or OLB then right?

I don't see OLB.  I could see TE for sure. Someone who can make a play in that position and open up the field.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2011, 09:04:07 pm »

Mallett to the Pats

ha ha. WOW!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »

I really hate the Pats. 
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2011, 09:11:22 pm »

Mallett to the Pats

ha ha. WOW!

I thought you liked him and wanted the Dolphins to draft him.  What's so funny about the Patriots taking him?

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2011, 09:13:19 pm »

I thought you liked him and wanted the Dolphins to draft him.  What's so funny about the Patriots taking him?

I find it funny, a team with a franchise QB and a hall of fame QB takes the kid and is stockpiling QB's and we can't get one QB for damn near a decade!! If you don't laugh you would cry!

I loved the kid. Best QB in this draft. Off the field stuff, I don't know the details but they must have been a doozy for him to fall this far.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »

Now I'm hoping I was wrong about Mallett.  Please be right about him StL
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2011, 09:18:00 pm »

When Rich Eisan asked Maycok what the off the field red flags were for mallett to cause him to fall this far, Mayock's face dropped and said he didn't want to say them on TV.

Man this kid must have been into some deep doo-doo at Arkansas. All Mayock would say was multiple run ins with the law and often for the same thing. He never learned his lesson
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2011, 09:19:59 pm »

Don't worry Tony, you knew it wasn't going to last forever. Take the money and go fishing or something like Bill did. Who knows, maybe the lockout will last the whole year and you'll get to coach them in 2012.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:21:38 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2011, 09:22:14 pm »

When Rich Eisan asked Maycok what the off the field red flags were for mallett to cause him to fall this far, Mayock's face dropped and said he didn't want to say them on TV.

Man this kid must have been into some deep doo-doo at Arkansas. All Mayock would say was multiple run ins with the law and often for the same thing. He never learned his lesson

I heard drugs, specifically marijuana, but it's just speculation at this point.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2011, 09:25:12 pm »

I heard drugs, specifically marijuana, but it's just speculation at this point.
Has to be drugs. Has to be.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray