Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2026, 12:37:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  P90X
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print
Author Topic: P90X  (Read 44444 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2011, 03:58:52 pm »

I woke up with a slight bit of blurred vision and light sensitivity this morning.  It was the beginning of a migraine.

About 10 minutes into Core Synergistics, I got hit with a wicked headache.  By the end of the workout, I had pretty bad nausea, as well.  I finished the workout, using little/no weights on some exercises.  I didn't want to quit, and at least do something.

Afterwards, I thought I might feel better, but didn't.  I had to go home, puke, and sleep it off.  Now, I 'm back at work and feel a bit dodgy, but am functional.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2011, 11:54:53 am »

Today was Kempo.  It was easy and I felt fine from yesterday.

We're at the end of the workout, getting ready for final measurements and pictures.  I also have to come up with a maintenance plan, which I think we have an idea of what we want to do.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Pats2006
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 2357

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2011, 05:18:46 pm »

Dave.. if you had to rate P90X from 1 - 10 (10 being the best) what would you rate it? overall
Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2011, 05:41:33 pm »

Hmm.  Tough question.

For me (and that's important), it worked really well, because of how structured it was.  I could probably have gotten better results with other programs, but honestly, I probably wouldn't have followed the other programs like I did this one. 

Overall, I'm very happy with the program as a whole.  I think a few of the exercises might not do much (other than light cardio -- kempo, stretch), but they are seldom used and act as rest days anyway.  If your goals are to slim down and tone, it's very effective.

The downside is the length of some of the workouts -- yoga is pretty boring and a full hour and a half.   Also, you do need either a pull up bar or a machine to do a lot of the shoulder day effectively.

I'd say it's an 8/10.  I can't really complain.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Pats2006
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 2357

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:40 pm »

Glad to hear that Dave.. if you need any assistance I know a Team Beachbody coach. I have his email and cell number if you had any questions with diet/workout.. doing P90X im sure you dont need me to explain who team beachbody is  Smiley no doubt though PM me if you want his info.. its free the guys just here to help..  post the before and after pics!!
Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »

I am done.  After an easy stretch day yesterday, I got a 2nd chance at Core today, not feeling like crap.  Now we're done with the 90 days.  Thanks to everyone that was supportive and gave their advice and shared their experiences.  Not to get all Carmelo on you guys, but I really want to thank myself for committing to something like this and sticking with it, getting up every day, etc....all without sacrificing my job or family.  I just played a lot fewer video games.

We did measurements at the beginning and now, to my surprise, I lost inches everywhere, even in places I thought I grew.  My chest and arms were smaller (I thought they'd bulked), and my waist, where I knew I had lost, shed 2 full inches.  It wasn't an exact science, so there may have been some measurement anomalies, but the numbers say what they say.

Here are the pictures.


And I took this pic as a joke, fooling around, but it does a much better job showing the actual progress.  You can see the definition in my arms and abs much better.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:51:14 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
bsfins
Guest
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2011, 06:01:28 pm »

Congrats on your hard work....lean mean Dave Gray.... Cheesy
Logged
Pats2006
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 2357

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2011, 06:37:27 pm »

Good shit bro!!

Keep it up. Dont stop here.

What are your plans now that your done with your P90X?
Logged

badger6
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1218



« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2011, 10:09:12 am »

Good shit bro!!

Keep it up. Dont stop here.

What are your plans now that your done with your P90X?

Actually after seeing that last picture of him posing, Dave is leaner than I was thinking at first. I would guess around 12%. Definitely don't stop there.

You done with PCT yet Pats ? You need to post some before and after pics. I'm trying to decide if I want to run something in a month or two. Not sure if it's worth it......
Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2011, 10:53:15 am »

I'm not making too many plans for the future.  We've talked about starting another program, but we haven't nailed anything down yet.

For now, we're planning on doing a 3 day a week maintenance thing -- 1 lifting/abs day, 1 cardio day, and 1 yoga day.

This weekend, I ate like a disgusting pig, in celebration.  I need to get back on it today, in terms of maintaining a normal diet.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Pats2006
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 2357

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2011, 09:51:20 pm »

Actually after seeing that last picture of him posing, Dave is leaner than I was thinking at first. I would guess around 12%. Definitely don't stop there.

You done with PCT yet Pats ? You need to post some before and after pics. I'm trying to decide if I want to run something in a month or two. Not sure if it's worth it......

Dont have a before picture but I have a pic from deep sea fishing this weekend and a beach photo from a few weeks ago. Ill post them in a few..

I am about to start week 3 tomorrow..
Logged

Pats2006
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 2357

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
WWW
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2011, 10:31:08 pm »

.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:17:24 pm by Pats2006 » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2011, 11:05:00 am »

Awesome.  Good luck.

I worked out today and have a plan, but need to come up with some kind of goal to keep things going.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2011, 11:11:32 am »


My first thought when I saw those pictures... Andy Dick has been hanging out with Joe Piscopo.

Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Pats2006
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 2357

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
WWW
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2011, 06:14:26 pm »

My first thought when I saw those pictures... Andy Dick has been hanging out with Joe Piscopo.



lol
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines