Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:02:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  $25 season tickets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: $25 season tickets  (Read 10630 times)
Landshark
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 12:41:06 pm »

I had season tickets for many years.  You couldn't pay me to sit in these seats.  You get the same misery and sweat and discomfort as the guy in Row 1 but you have to have a telescope and a radio headset to see anything.  Most people up there spend most of the game watching their stupid little FanVision TV thing they give you anyway.  At that point, I'd rather stay home and save the money and hassle and sunburn.

But that's just me.

i've never used fan vision or binoculars in that stadium and i've sat everywhere from the 400s' to the 100s to the club level, get ur eyes examined my man

now getting sunburnt ya that sucks , pile on some sunscreen, the only thing that really pisses me off is paying to park my damn car

So it's $25 per game, plus at least another $25 to park my car and sit in that sweltering heat.  Add up gas, tailgating food, and stadium food, and I'm looking at over $200 for me and another person.  No thanks.  I'll just chill at home in the A/C, grill some fresh fish that I caught, and drink some ice cold Landsharks while I watch the game in high def on my LCD TV.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 03:32:25 pm »

I've only ever had seating in the upper deck. One time I was only a few rows away from the last upper row. I had absolutely no problem enjoying the game and seeing everything. I don't know what is so bad about them.
MixLovesThemPhins

mixomatix@hotmail.com mixomatix holamix
Email
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 08:14:06 pm »

I've only ever had seating in the upper deck. One time I was only a few rows away from the last upper row. I had absolutely no problem enjoying the game and seeing everything. I don't know what is so bad about them.

theres nothing bad about it hahahaha

only thing that pisses me off is the parking, how much are parking passes ?

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 10:44:56 pm »

They don't give you any discount on parking passes, still $25 a game.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 09:42:14 am »

They don't give you any discount on parking passes, still $25 a game.

$40 for Foxboro

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 09:55:30 am »

^^ do they have trains?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 10:09:27 am »

^^ do they have trains?

Singular train.  One train.  I have never taken it but from what I have heard, arrives shortly before the game begins and leaves quickly afterwards, if you miss it you are SOL.  Often it is overcrowded.  No drinking is permitted. 

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 02:31:18 pm »

That's one more train than goes to Sun Life Stadium.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 10:59:03 am »

^^^ there is a bus that goes to Sunlife stadium.  So don't make it like the extra $$$ for parking is irrelevant, both have public transportation. 

Bottom line is the Dolphins is one of the cheapest places to see a game, and pretty much the rest that are appx the same are in much smaller cities. 

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 11:17:04 am »

And rent in NYC is 3x what it is here.  What's your point?  Just because stuff is more expensive someplace than someplace else doesn't mean its more affordable.  Are there adjustments for local cost of living in that comparison, and thus local median salaries?

Affordability is relative and not comparable across regions.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 11:26:59 am »

It's also supply and demand.  I'd rather not go watch the Dolphins, because they suck, it's frustrating, it's a hassle to get down there, and it uses up your whole day, which you could be using to BBQ or go to the beach in the beautiful S. Florida sun.  Price is definitely an issue, but it's also opportunity cost.  You have to give up a whole day and come home exhausted to go watch an expensive game from an uncompetitive team.

Yes, it's fun, but there's often as much fun to be had at other places for a fraction of the cost, and a fraction of the energy.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 04:20:18 pm »

Just to clarify: I enjoy going to Dolphins game.  However, I find that going about one time per month is more than sufficient to get my fill.  I usually end up at about 4 games per year.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 12:10:53 pm »

^^^ It certainly can be an expensive proposition to go to all eight games, and I'm sure it can be a drag to go to some games.  I have friends that have season tickets to Buffalo (which is about a 3 1/2 hr drive) and they usually sell the tickets for half the games (although that's been tough for them the last couple years, not to mention a hassle).  Then I have another friend that splits Giants season tickets with someone (3 hrs in the opposite direction), this was done more out of necessity due to the PSL fees at the new stadium.  I think more and more people are doing this type of arrangement due to the escalating costs.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray