Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:06:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Rangers Fan Dies After Falling Out Of Stands During Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rangers Fan Dies After Falling Out Of Stands During Game  (Read 4095 times)
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« on: July 09, 2011, 06:41:34 pm »

Wow, sad story.. my thoughts are with his son, and family...

The link shows him reach for the ball and fall.. just a warning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/rangers-fan-dies_n_892943.html

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 08:17:13 pm »

What a terrible way to die.  The poor kid saw the whole thing and the guy next to him who tried to grab him will have nightmares for the rest of their lives.  Be aware of where you are if you reach for a ball.  Just sad.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 11:33:33 pm »

What a terrible way to die.  The poor kid saw the whole thing and the guy next to him who tried to grab him will have nightmares for the rest of their lives.  Be aware of where you are if you reach for a ball.  Just sad.

It is.. very sad

"They had him on a stretcher. He said, 'Please check on my son. My son was up there by himself.' The people who carried him out reassured him. 'Sir, we'll get your son, we'll make sure he's OK,'" Ziegler said. "He had his arms swinging. He talked and was conscious. We assumed he was okay. But when you find out he's not, it's just tough."

I bet Josh Hamilton is having a hard time too..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:38:02 pm by Pats2006 » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 12:08:47 am »

This is a sad story...

Josh is feeling it, but it sure hasn't affected his play. He won tonight's game for Texas with a 2-run walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 06:59:07 am »

The guy next to him who tried to catch him did tons media the following day. Every radio and tv station I turned on I saw that clown giving a new interview. I must have caught him on 7 or 8 different shows myself. Who knows how many ohters he did.  He was milking his 15 min of fame. I doubt he will have nightmares.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 10:07:28 am »

^ What a jerk!  I would refuse to give interviews because I would be too upset.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:04:46 am »

The guy next to him who tried to catch him did tons media the following day. Every radio and tv station I turned on I saw that clown giving a new interview. I must have caught him on 7 or 8 different shows myself. Who knows how many ohters he did.  He was milking his 15 min of fame. I doubt he will have nightmares.

Wow.  Just wow.  This is a new low even for you. 

He most certainly will have nightmares for the rest of his life.  Different people have different ways of dealing with grief and PTSD.  Obviously for him talking about is how he is dealing with it.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 12:30:29 pm »

As someone who has (unfortunately) watched people die right in front of me, both accidentally and non-accidentally), I probably wouldn't have any problem getting past it... But I think after the 2nd or 3rd interview, I'd probably be tired of talking about it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 02:30:23 pm »

He most certainly will have nightmares for the rest of his life.  Different people have different ways of dealing with grief and PTSD.
I don't think he will certainly have nightmares for the rest of his life.  As you just said, different people have different ways of dealing with it.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 11:53:21 am »

Who cares if he is giving all of these interviews? As Maine said, he may not really care one way or another about it because it wasn't anyone he knew. I know I feel bad for the kid and people that knew him, but otherwise, it's just another story of some poor fool dying doing something stupid.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray