Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:49:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who stays and who goes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Who stays and who goes?  (Read 1133 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: August 31, 2011, 03:16:27 pm »

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2011/08/the-dolphins-are-about-to-play-their-final-preseason-game-before-making-their-round-of-roster-cuts-to-get-down-to-the-nfl-53-.html

I currently think Gerald Alexander, Phillip Livas, Ryan Baker and Marlon Moore will be cut and the rest of the ones he mentions will make the team, but I'm always shocked by at least 1 or 2 cuts and 1 or 2 keeps, so it will be interesting.  What do ya'll think?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 11:21:02 am »

I'll add a list the Writers at the Sun-sentinal came up with too..
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-dallas-cowboys-0901-20110901,0,7435003.story

Pre-final preseason game thoughts....Culver,Livas,Will Allen,Jerry,Berger,I agree with the Sun sentinal guy's about the three back up Te's,none have really showed a lot...

Those are the one's I'd not be shocked to see them go....

I'm intrigued by the Roberto Wallace,Marlon Moore WR battle...and to see what Larry Johnson does tonight....

I feel we've done a bit of a knee jerk over correction in our backfield,Ricky and Ronnie really weren't good outside runners,this year we have good outside runners,that aren't great between the tackles...Sorry for the slight hijack...

Unfortunately,I care less about who we let go,and more interested who we find off the waiver wire... Undecided
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:37:48 pm »

I am hoping we get a tight end replacement over the waiver wires.  Otherwise a few of those guys will be gone.

Predictions...

John Jerry - Gone (sucks, no position flexibility),  Berger - Gone (cost too much for a backup)

I think that regardless of all the hype, Moore stays and Wallace goes.  Moore makes plays and Wallace is just a guy with good size.  Plus, Moore is better on special teams.

Livas is going to be a casualty of the new kickoff rule.  That rule has pretty much eliminated the kick return and he the roster spot is too much for a punt return only guy.  Gates will fill that role and Bush will return in critical situations.

I think Polite goes and we keep Clay and Hilliard.  Sorry, it is just the way I see it shaking down. 

It is a tough call between Allen, Carrol, and Sapp.  I get the feeling Sapp stays (although he is supposedly the highest paid corner on our roster this year).  Allen lacked consistency the year he got hurt and he looks like he may have consistency issues now.  I am going to step out on a limb and say he doesn't make it.  If Sapp hadn't looked so improved it would have been a no brainer to keep Allen.  Carrol isn't as talented, but he has been consistent and is pretty good on special teams.

I think Johnson makes the team.  Either he or Hilliard would be the first to get cut if we pick someone extra up off waivers.

I only mentioned bubble guys.  Obviously there are lots of guys who are just training camp filler.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »

John Jerry - Gone (sucks, no position flexibility)

Isn't the reason Jerry has been so bad this year that he showed up completely out of shape? How much, if any, of a "pass" do you give him for an off-season that's so unique?

It seems like it would be a waste to let him go if the talent is there, but he just needs to get into shape.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 05:45:07 pm »

Jerry definitely didn't have a good year last year.  If, after that poor rookie showing, he wasn't self-motivated enough to stay in shape for this season, he's a waste of time.

It would be one thing if he had an awesome rookie season and just got complacent.  That guy had no business being complacent at all.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray