Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:07:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Dolphins will continue to suck, we need more offensive playmakers!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins will continue to suck, we need more offensive playmakers!  (Read 5203 times)
Alwaysdullfan

« on: September 04, 2011, 12:19:40 am »

The Fins got rid of R.Brown and Ricky, their two best playmakers on that team, they did everything, and how did they solve the problem? by adding Reggie Bush...come on!! He's an explosive player but he is not the answer when u dont have a good QB and a running game. Im a Dolphins fan myself but I hate the fact they are never aggressive enough during free agency, and this year already seems a bust, and there goes Sparanos job and the fins r going down with him. Why not get Orton from a trade, he would def be an upgrade, but they didnt wanna pay him 9mil a yea, duhhh thats a salary for a starting QB in the NFL, and on the low end too, im just mad they only went after Bush expecting him to make everything better, i hope im wrong but they promised fans more exciting, explosive offense and I dont think they did that, thats just  my opinion. Any thoughts, ideas??
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 11:49:50 am »

The Fins got rid of R.Brown and Ricky, their two best playmakers on that team. Any thoughts, ideas??
Yeah, when Ricky and Ronnie are your two best playmakers, you have SERIOUS problems. The RB position will NOT be the focus this year. Henne and the 6 WR's they kept will be. I can't tell you it will work, but it will be a hell of a lot more interesting to watch.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:22:55 pm »

Yeah and not to mention that they signed larry johnson but dont give clinton portis a shot.  Now they Cut L.J. and the no other RB to carry the workload, Hope they dont Expect Reggie Bush to be a every-down back.

I dont know what direction this team is going. Oh well Roll Eyes  Every year will be  disappointing  until some big change in the front office happens.

I feel this year will be no better and im not gonna get my hopes up.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 06:10:35 pm »

The Fins got rid of R.Brown and Ricky, their two best playmakers on that team, they did everything, and how did they solve the problem? by adding Reggie Bush...come on!! He's an explosive player but he is not the answer when u dont have a good QB and a running game. Im a Dolphins fan myself but I hate the fact they are never aggressive enough during free agency, and this year already seems a bust, and there goes Sparanos job and the fins r going down with him. Why not get Orton from a trade, he would def be an upgrade, but they didnt wanna pay him 9mil a yea, duhhh thats a salary for a starting QB in the NFL, and on the low end too, im just mad they only went after Bush expecting him to make everything better, i hope im wrong but they promised fans more exciting, explosive offense and I dont think they did that, thats just  my opinion. Any thoughts, ideas??

Orton was not worth the money, or other teams looking for a starting QB would have looked at him more seriously than they did, this is on top of the draft pick it would cost too.
Ricky and Ronnie were not as good as they were in the past.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 10:16:04 pm »

A strong running game is great.  However Ricky is nearing retirement (for real evidently this time) and Ronnie aside from running the wildcat, has hit his shelf life.  He danced around way too much in that backfield.  I'm not 100% sure that Thomas and Bush are going to crank out 1000 yard seasons, but I do know that the way the NFL is now, your most important players are your recievers because offenses are so much more wide open.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 10:54:43 am »

Agreed with Pappy.

Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are bums - big time bums. They were mediocre-caliber RBs for the last 4-5 seasons here, and it's about high time the Dolphins got rid of them.

However, they did go out and get Reggie Bush, who, for every 1 explosive play makes 10 "ho-hum", 2 yard gain plays.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 11:13:34 am »

Orton is not an upgrade over Henne.

If the fans would get behind Henne and support him, rather than boo him every time he touches the ball, it would help his confidence.  You can't play NFL football scared to make mistakes.  Sadly, the fans will always boo him no matter what.

He will not have an interception-free season.  Fact.  If that's what you expect, then stop playing Madden and start watching real football.

Confidence and psychology helps a lot and if the fans would support their team instead of booing, you might be surprised the progress they could make.
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:47:16 pm »

^ To some extent, I'll go along with this. But if you are banking on "the fans" showing support to improve a QB's play, then that QB has no business in the cut-throat competitive world that is the NFL.

Chad Henne is getting NOTHING in comparison to what Eli Manning got from 2004 to 2007 from the New York Giants fans, and he had to overcome all of that and now he's a fan favorite. Same with Steve Young in the late 80's / early 90's - completely hated and loathed and showered with "You'll never be Joe Montana" (despite 2 NFL MVP awards!!!!!)...until he won it.

Chad Henne needs to block it all out and improve his game. When he starts winning (IF he starts winning) then the fans will start to like him.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 07:15:01 pm »

Agreed with Pappy.

Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are bums - big time bums. They were mediocre-caliber RBs for the last 4-5 seasons here, and it's about high time the Dolphins got rid of them.

However, they did go out and get Reggie Bush, who, for every 1 explosive play makes 10 "ho-hum", 2 yard gain plays.

HERE  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Since when  YOU  cared about teh Fins   Grin

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 02:20:32 am »

OP...I suspect you are an old member with a new handle. What say you?

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 07:30:25 pm »

It doesn't matter at this point, but since they can both catch pretty well, I think that Ricky and Bush would have been a good combo in a pro set and other similar split back formations.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray