Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:17:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Whoever's in charge of this stuff on the Fins is who should be fired.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Whoever's in charge of this stuff on the Fins is who should be fired.  (Read 3712 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« on: September 17, 2011, 12:26:26 pm »

Almost none of these things have to do with the coach.  But I don't know who's brilliant idea they were.

1. Whoever thought we should be playing our September home games at night.  This trend started two years ago and it needs to fucking stop now.  One of the biggest home field advantages Miami has is the September heat.  Shula didn't lose home games in September.  Evidently someone thought it was a great idea to take this trend away and request every year to the NFL that we play our home games in September at night.

2.  Stop with the party/celebrity atmosphere.  It's not helping you win games.  If they want to be team owners, hey great.  But are all these sideline shots of Marc Antony and Jennifer Lopez and Fergie singing the national anthem really getting us that many fans?  The stadium looks just as half filled as it always does to me.

3.  Teams should be scared shitless to walk into that stadium.  I'm not talking about low-class fans throwing shit at them.  I'm talking about why isn't there an atmosphere of "we're going to kick somebody's ass" when you walk in the joint.  It can still be family friendly.  You don't have to go over the top.  Whoever made the decision not to do that should be out on his ass.

4.  This is about the only thing that's coaching related.  In that heat, that team should be the best conditioned in the NFL.  There is no excuse for anyone on that team being out of shape or having cramps.  It bothered me when I found out that we didn't tackle in training camps past and it really bothered me that guys were coming off the field with cramps almost regularly and how quickly the defense was gassed.  Guys shouldn't be blaming the lockout.  They had 4 preseason games.  We hear non-stop that this is a 12 month a year job and that these are the best athletes ever to play the game, 4 weeks should be plenty of time for them to be in shape to the point where they don't have cramps during games and aren't gassed on the field in the middle of the second quarter. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 12:42:04 pm »

1 and 2 are on Ross.  I don't think he will be fired.  He wanted fans to be more comfortable so he made a request to the league and I am sure he doesn't mind the prime time slot when every win matters.  If you are out of the running at the end of the season, you waste that opportunity.  The party atmosphere is counterproductive and desperate.  The celebs really don't have any negative affect that I can see, maybe even a few positives.

3 - is on the fans.  I don't think they will be fired.  Ross is at least trying to get rid of the enormously outdated Miami Dolphins song after scores.  Thank God!  I hate that song, it invites an ass beating.

4 - We may actually be one of the best conditioned teams.  We got worn out by inability to substitute and inability to get off the field on defense.  We can't be sure we are not in good physical condition. 
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:44:17 pm »

1. The night games has nothing to do with the team - It's MNF, I don't know of any team that is going to turn that down. If that game was at 1 PM the whole fins team would have been cramping. They couldn't handle a 7 PM start.

3. It isn't pleasant to be an opposing fan, at least at the beginning of the game. The crazies shut up in the second half as the Pats started pouring on points. There was a very loud "Defense" chant on the goal-line stand in the 4th quarter. Loud because there were almost no Fins fans left. True fans don't leave til the final whistle blows.

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 09:56:54 pm »

1 and 2 are on your owner.  He asked the league to have late games in September because someone told him they don't go to games cause its too hot.  He figured it would sell more tickets if they played at 4 PM.

I guess that theory was wrong...
Beerdrinking Dolphins

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:02:39 pm »

The entire coaching staff needs to be fired!!!. If you live in and train in South Florida you should be used to the heat. The heat is the last of our problems.We used to be the pride of the NFL, the ONLY undefeated team, now we are just a punch line in a old joke.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 09:37:09 am »

One of the biggest home field advantages Miami has is the September heat. 

This makes me laugh incredibly hard. Apparently you missed the Patriots game huh? Had that been a 1 PM kickoff, how many more Dolphins would have left the field with cramping issues. The "advantage" is a misnomer. It is only an advantage if your team is in superior shape. Also, read Dave's post about his stadium experience.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 10:52:36 am »

This makes me laugh incredibly hard. Apparently you missed the Patriots game huh? Had that been a 1 PM kickoff, how many more Dolphins would have left the field with cramping issues. The "advantage" is a misnomer. It is only an advantage if your team is in superior shape. Also, read Dave's post about his stadium experience.

I'm sure he knows that with all things being equal, the heat is definately an advantage. Obviously if the Dolphins are out of shape and can't take it, then there is no advantage. No need to belittle his argument when the response to yours is "duh".
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 12:19:55 pm »

The post police have come out I see. Also, if all things are equal there is no advantage. The definition of the word equal kind of implies that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:29:31 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray