Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:16:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Season = Over.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Season = Over.  (Read 6072 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 12:41:46 pm »

if you take away all of those errors and mistakes, was a winnable game.

Please name one game that you can't describe that way. 

Take away all the errors and mistakes made by the NEP, and the '85 superbowl was a winnable game for NE. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 12:42:55 pm »

Spider, you seem to be skirting my question:  Give me a percentage chance that you think is reasonable for the Dolphins to make the playoffs at this point?

I drink your milkshake!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 01:59:00 pm »

I agree with Dave on this.  That said, I never thought this team was Super Bowl bound to begin with.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 02:34:24 pm »

But it's clear that they're not as good as either the Jets or the Pats, and they are 2 games behind already.  I have no confidence that this team makes the playoffs. Do you?
No. But I didn't when the season started either. What has changed? 

Anyone with even a pretty good understanding of the NFL knew these first 2 games were going to be tough for Miami. Nothing has changed.

Now if Miami loses to Cleveland and goes 0-3, then I will believe they are even worse than I believed.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 05:02:13 pm »

THE DOLPHINS went 0-2 and made the playoffs. 2008. Lost to the Jets and Cardinals in week 1 and 2. Week 3, the wildcat game vs the pats

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 05:24:33 pm »

Spider, you seem to be skirting my question:  Give me a percentage chance that you think is reasonable for the Dolphins to make the playoffs at this point?
I just told you that I think they are a 8-10 win team at this point.  What percentage does that translate into?

Honestly, I think that assigning a percentage chance to make the playoffs in week THREE is a complete waste of time.  What was your percentage chance that the Dolphins would make the playoffs before the first game?  Was it 57%?  How about after the loss to NE?  Did you drop it to 22%?  Have you carefully considered and evaluated all the possible scenarios that the season could unfold, then determined that Miami's playoff chances are not 2%, or 7%, or 11%, but exactly 5%?

How can you claim a 5% chance of making the playoffs with 87.5% of the season unplayed and 75% of the AFC within 1 game of the Dolphins, with half of the remaining teams having two games vs. Miami still on the schedule?  It's absurd.  Your position is almost entirely based on emotion, in my opinion.

Just for the record, because there seems to be a litany of posters on this board with extremely short memories:

In 2008, Miami opened 0-2 (with a home loss to a division opponent) and won the division.
In 2009, Miami opened 0-3 (0-2 at home, 0-2 in conference) and controlled their own destiny in week 15.
In 2010, Miami opened 2-0 (with two road wins, one as a division road win) and still didn't make the playoffs.

We do not know anything about the season yet.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:34:42 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 05:42:18 pm »

I figured that we had about a 20% chance of making the playoffs before the season started.

I think that's way down now. 

There are percentages for season results all the time.  Vegas has odds for teams making the playoffs.  I think those odds to make the playoffs right now should be something like 30:1. 

I drink your milkshake!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 05:44:35 pm »

I am not sure I understand the season over talk? Did you honestly expect them to make the playoffs this year without being a homer? I think this team looks exactly like I expected them to look. I am certainly not foolish enough to think that they will be a playoff team this year nor did I think they will be a team that wins 4 games or less like some of the gross over reactions I am seeing (I expected it from those saying it however). They will be somewhere in the middle from 7-9 to 9-7. Was yesterdays game heartbreaking....yes, but I did not think we would win these first 2 games anyways.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 05:57:14 pm »

You all said the same thing in 2008 when the fins Started 0-2. 

The only difference, is that there is no miracle that will happen this year. Give the season time to develop , while we are kind of aware that this team will once again have a losing season, many of you are already calling its quits.

We fans not gonna give this team time , but lets spark up a lil hope that it will turn around.  Then if it doesnot,  LOL  Cheesy Cheesy BY ALL MEANS RAISE SOME HELL Evil Evil Evil

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 07:44:31 pm »

If Miami is playing poorly because of the lockout, and the players haven't fully adjusted to the game plan, then there is still time for everyone to gel and make a run.

If Miami is playing poorly because the coaches and players suck, then we're shit out of luck.

I'm willing to give us a few more weeks before I decide if we're still gelling as a team or if we just suck.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray