Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:46:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Your dream coach - Give me one name.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Your dream coach - Give me one name.  (Read 13954 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 05:55:56 pm »

Chris Petersen - Boise State Head Coach

He's relatively young, hungry, ballsy, and exciting.  Go get him, let him choose all of his assistants, either from his existing pool at Boise and from the people we have here.  I would ideally like a combination of both.

Hire a GM seperately (perhaps after consulting Petersen) that fits the style of the team that Petersen wants to create.

Yeah and like Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino once he loses for a year or two, the first college job that comes calling he bolts! No way to the College Route.

After Cam, Saban, and Tony we don't have time for on the job training or a guy with his 1st NFL head coaching job. We need an EXPERIENCED NFL HEAD COACH!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 05:58:22 pm »

Give me Gruden. Someone with some balls who knows offense.

The entire league is offense offense offense. Every rule is set up for the offense. Nobody plays any real defense anymore. It's all offense and play callers.  The 2 most important positions are your QB and the guy calling the plays. And its not even close. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 06:20:00 pm »

The 2 most important positions are your QB and the guy calling the plays. And its not even close. 

And if those two roles are filled by the same guy and he gets hurt... you're screwed.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »

Jon Gruden
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 06:45:24 pm »

Give me Gruden. Someone with some balls who knows offense.
Gruden won a Super Bowl with Dungy's defense, and he never constructed an offense in TB worth discussing.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 08:30:15 pm »

Since I can't have Don Shula circa 1970, give me John Gruden.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 08:33:24 pm »

Gruden won a Super Bowl with Dungy's defense, and he never constructed an offense in TB worth discussing.

who cares he won.  He also had team with Brad Johnson at QB and won a Super Bowl.

there is no need to "qualify" how Gruden won......HE F'n WON! Period. End of story! I have seen guys with more talent and more talented teams NOT win. He won! That's all that matters
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 08:34:26 pm »

And if those two roles are filled by the same guy and he gets hurt... you're screwed.

Aside from Peyton Manning, what team has 1 guy filling BOTH roles  of  QB and the guy calling the plays? And even Peyton doesn't "officially" call the plays
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »

I want Brian Billick!  His offense won a Super Bowl!

If WINNING is all that counts, why are you touting Gruden over Cowher?  Cowher has just as many SB wins and one more conference championship.

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 09:19:15 pm »

Dungy

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 09:44:39 pm »

Aside from Peyton Manning, what team has 1 guy filling BOTH roles  of  QB and the guy calling the plays? And even Peyton doesn't "officially" call the plays

In a bizarre tie-in, Andrew Luck has supposedly been calling more and more of the plays for Stanford this season, even in their hurry-up offense. Seems he has a knack for it... Wink

And, back on the coaching track...

I'm not particularly interested in having a first-time NFL head coach unless - UNLESS...the dude is a a grade A fucking genius. Some young Bill Walsh (circa early 1970's) type innovator, a blackboard game-planning mentat assassin. If you think you can get "that" guy, then OK, maybe you take a shot with a first-timer.

Jeff Fisher...Jon Gruden...no complaints if either became Miami's next HC. Both would be an improvement over anything that the Phins have had in a long time.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
afphinfan

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »

I guess I'd be OK with these retreads as long as they brought in young, hungry assistants ... I don't want old has been pieces of crap trying to do the same BS that we've been for the past 10 - 15 years.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 10:35:34 pm »

Dennis Green! Grin

After our 1st game against New England, he will once again be quoted:

The Pats are what we thought they were. They're what we thought they were. We played them in preseason. I mean, who the hell takes the third game of the preseason like it's bullshit? Bullshit! We played them in the third game, everybody played three quarters... the Pats are who we thought they were! That’s why we took the damn field! Now, *hits microphone* if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But, they are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 11:07:13 pm »

I guess I'd be OK with these retreads as long as they brought in young, hungry assistants ... I don't want old has been pieces of crap trying to do the same BS that we've been for the past 10 - 15 years.

people DON'T understand what the word "retreads" means.

Cowher, Gruden, Billick....ARE NOT RETREADS! They have won. They are champions. They are accomplished.

Dave Wannstedt, Norv Turner, Wade Phillips, Marty Schottenimer....those are retreads. Guys who jump from job to job....never win anything but keep getting work! That is a retread coach.

Landshark
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 11:27:41 pm »

I'm not particularly interested in having a first-time NFL head coach unless - UNLESS...the dude is a a grade A fucking genius. Some young Bill Walsh (circa early 1970's) type innovator, a blackboard game-planning mentat assassin. If you think you can get "that" guy, then OK, maybe you take a shot with a first timer.

Methinks Joe Philbin has that kind of pedigree.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray