Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:31:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Your dream coach - Give me one name.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Your dream coach - Give me one name.  (Read 13955 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 06:38:18 pm »

I considered that, but after listening to the members of THIS board, we are going to fire/cut/revamp the entire team anyway, so why not try this, lol? -EK

You think a team that wins 2 or 3 games isn't going to get revamped? Your gonna keep that losing group together and build off it? THAT IS THE FUNNY NOTION! That people think when you are one of the worst teams in the league IF NOT THE WORST TEAM, that you won't change much. Just need  a tweakin....ha ha ha Please!

Damn right we are gonna fire and cut a bunch of people. Blow the whole thing up and start over. Why wouldn't you?
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 06:52:36 pm »

There's a thing called the salary cap. Ben Franklin once said "Everyone complains about the weather, but no one ever does anything about it." Your tiring diatribe of posts is the same thing. Blow up the team! Replace EVERYONE! Henne sucks! Marshall sucks! The coaches suck! The stadiumn seats are too hard! The grass is too green! Give me a break. Just how exactly do you plan to accomplish in one year what the team hasn't accomplished in 20? It gets old hearing you bitch and whine about how the team needs dismantling, when financially, it's not like that can, or is, going to happen. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2011, 07:10:00 pm »

It worked well in Chicago last year. Real cold and windy up there. NFC Championship game he got that offense too. Just sayin
And the passing offense was terrible. The only thing Chicago had going for it last year at playoff time was a decent rushing game with Forte, a decent defense and Devin Hester on special teams.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 07:13:44 pm »

Whoever the coach ends up being, the team needs far more than a 1 year overhaul, it needs a change in attitude, an identity and people dedicated to making them one of the flagship franchises again.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2011, 08:39:36 pm »

There's a thing called the salary cap. Ben Franklin once said "Everyone complains about the weather, but no one ever does anything about it." Your tiring diatribe of posts is the same thing. Blow up the team! Replace EVERYONE! Henne sucks! Marshall sucks! The coaches suck! The stadiumn seats are too hard! The grass is too green! Give me a break. Just how exactly do you plan to accomplish in one year what the team hasn't accomplished in 20? It gets old hearing you bitch and whine about how the team needs dismantling, when financially, it's not like that can, or is, going to happen. -EK

Dolphins are $9 mill under the cap. Not an issue for the Fins.

And who the heck said its a 1 year process? Nobody has hinted at that or mentioned that. BUT YOU MUST START THE PROCESS AT SOME POINT!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 12:01:13 am »

Whoever the coach ends up being, the team needs far more than a 1 year overhaul, it needs a change in attitude, an identity and people dedicated to making them one of the flagship franchises again.
That's bullshit.

All this team needs is someone to teach the players how to play. Someone that actually knows how to run a practice. Someone that teaches the players the basics. How to block. How to tackle. How to catch a football. How to read a defense and go through progressions and throw the ball to the guy who's open. How to stay in your lanes on kick coverage. How to get a team to jump offsides with a hard count. How not to false start. How not to get caught holding. How to play CB. How to play safety. How to read a play and defend it properly. All the things that you need to do to be an average team. Do that and this team is average. Once you get there then you start building the team through the draft, putting one solid block on top of the other, but you have to have a solid foundation. This team has no foundation. They do all the little things wrong, so no matter how good any of the players are, they are going to fail until they do the little things right and as soon as you do that you'll find out that the Jet and the Patriots put their pants on one leg at a time too.

They don't need a new attitude, they need a head coach. You watch this team every week and they look worse than the week before. I don't know how that's possible. How can you spend 2 weeks coaching for a Monday night game and look inept? Has anyone in the history of the NFL ever done that besides Sparano? Half the college coaches in the NCAA could prepare this team better than Sparano.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:48:06 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 03:50:35 pm »

^^^ Very good points.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 05:28:55 pm »

Dolphins are $9 mill under the cap. Not an issue for the Fins.

And who the heck said its a 1 year process? Nobody has hinted at that or mentioned that. BUT YOU MUST START THE PROCESS AT SOME POINT!

9 mill? Really? My bad. But what are we going to do for the other 51 positions? -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 06:44:02 pm »

I don't agree, Pappy.  These guys are professionals.  You aren't learning how to block or tackle at this level, at this point.  Receivers aren't learning how to catch.  You either can or you cannot.

I agree that coaching is a problem, but it's not the only problem.  This team with a new coach is still this team.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 08:19:12 pm »

9 mill? Really? My bad. But what are we going to do for the other 51 positions? -EK

what the heck are you talking about? You seriously have no clue how the salary cap works. That is clear from your posts.

Not to mention Paul Solai and his $12 mill is coming off the books. Cam Wake is coming off the books. Vernon Carey is coming off the books. Marshall with his antics and poor play might be coming off the books (or a portion of his deal at least). Kendall Langford and Phil Merling are coming off the books.

Nobody is going to revamp an entire roster ovenright. It takes 2 to 3 years when your this bad. You can still field a team as we rebuild.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Do you actually  know how the salary cap works? We are $9 mill under the cap thats a lot of free money! Most teams are at the cap or right on the brink of it. The ONE thing Ross did right was put a spending limit on Ireland this past offseason
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 07:10:09 am »

I know how it works, but you're either missing or overlooking my point. I have read posts from you saying we need to replace Henne, Marshall, most of our O-line, and our secondary. Our cap room isn't enough to do all that, especially since Arizona, Carolina, KC, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay ALL have more cap room than we do, and all have better pieces in play already to attract free agents. Our cap room offers enough to upgrade at two or three positions, have the team STILL go 4-12, and have to hear you bitching every day about how we suck at this position or that position or that we spent out cap money in the wrong places. It amazes me how much you actually know about this game and the team (a lot) and how insecure you are about yourself, that any time someone disagrees with you you're afraid you might be wrong and you attack them. It's ridiculous. News flash- if ANY of us knew as much as we thought we did, we would be in an NFL organization, not on a keyboard. So stop with all the, "do you even know" insinuations. Yes, I understand how the cap works, no I don't think it matters. -EK
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:12:35 am by EKnight » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2011, 07:40:08 am »

I know how it works, but you're either missing or overlooking my point. I have read posts from you saying we need to replace Henne, Marshall, most of our O-line, and our secondary. Our cap room isn't enough to do all that

Correct. It takes MORE than one year to rebuild a team. Meaning we will still have garbage players at some positions next year. Rome wasn't built in a day. But you gotta start at some point and at $9 mill UNDER the cap and a lot of cap space opening up, its a great time to start. Especially since we suck!!! Not that tough to understand!

Yes, I understand how the cap works, no I don't think it matters. -EK

Well then you simply don't understand NFL football. Sorry!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2011, 01:03:13 pm »

I don't agree, Pappy.  These guys are professionals.  You aren't learning how to block or tackle at this level, at this point.  Receivers aren't learning how to catch.  You either can or you cannot.
You learn at EVERY level. You may not necessarily learn the exact same things at every level but believe me there is MUCH to be learned in the NFL. These guys don't come straight from college and excel in the NFL very often. It takes rare talent to do that and even if they do, after a year or 2 they are even better than when they came to the NFL because they have picked up on things that you only learn once you hit the NFL.

Any player who thinks you quit learning before you reach the NFL has already failed. It's the one's that know they still have a lot to learn that succeed and it's the best coaches who finds out what each player needs to learn and teaches it to him.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:45:39 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2011, 01:21:40 pm »

You continue to learn, sure, but it's intricacies in technique.  ...not how to catch.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 01:41:47 pm »

You continue to learn, sure, but it's intricacies in technique.  ...not how to catch.
It's how to catch at the NFL level.  I'm sure if I go in the back yard and toss the ball around with Marshall, he'll do just fine catching the ball. That's not what you do in the NFL and that's not what Marshall is tasked with. He's tasked with catching the ball while running a route with a CB in his face. That takes a TON more skill than playing catch in the back yard with a football, but THAT'S football. Playing catch in the back yard isn't. And doing that at the NFL level takes a lot more skill than doing that in college where the CB's aren't nearly as good and you don't have to use your body to shield them off the ball and the QB's don't have to put us much mustard on the ball to get it there and so on and so forth.  So yes a coach is still teaching you how to catch in the NFL, he's just teaching you how to catch at the NFL level and it's THAT difference, the difference between just catching a ball and catching a ball in the NFL that is the difference between the great WR's and the guys sitting on the bench.

Go ask Cris Carter what he could teach Marshall about catching a football, but make sure you have the time because it's gonna take a while.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:54:35 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray