Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:11:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Is it just me or does Sparano look beaten here?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is it just me or does Sparano look beaten here?  (Read 1255 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: October 12, 2011, 08:21:28 pm »

At times I thought he was gonna cry. Was he sick or something?

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Coach-Sparano-Press-Conference-And-Transcript/190b4536-d5b8-48e2-a415-7212ff7b1793
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:28:35 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 08:24:45 pm »

My gut tells me that Sparano knows that he is done in miami and that contract was just a way to buy time.  Sparano is probably puttin in his resume for pee-wee football right now

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:41:55 pm »

^^That's a given and yet most times when I've seen a guy that knows he could be just 1 loss away from losing his job he's doing his best imitation of a coach that's about to turn it around at any second. Sparano here just looks like he doesn't even have the energy to answer the questions let alone get a football team ready to play the Jets.

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:00:48 pm »

Wowzer.  I thought he was gonna turn on the waterworks right off the bat.  That's a man with the weight of a franchise's failure resting on him.  He knows his days are numbered.

He looks beaten.  How can he lead a football team if he is, indeed, beaten?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:18:07 pm »

Gotta feel for the guy, even if he isn't that great of a coach.  I'm sure he has had limited say in what players are drafted/traded for, the defense can't stop a high school fottball team when it needs to, the kicker misses needed FG's, Marshall drops big passes, his QB that was showing improvement this year is lost for the season, and all the talking heads on football shows are saying he's the leading candidate to be fired.  THEN he has to go to media interviews and listen to inane questions from reporters.  The only thing to do is laugh or cry.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 06:03:36 am »

Mort and Schefter  have reported that Sparano just "mopes" around the team headquarters these days.

He doesn't want to be here anymore but he can't quit and give up all that money. Ross can't fire him yet cause then it comes off as mean-spirited and its a PR nightmare  for him after what happened in January. So its an utter disaster for everyone involved.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 10:35:08 am »

You'd be mopey too if everyone in your town was hoping that you lost your job and hated your guts.

To be fair, I don't think Mort or Schefter have set one foot in Dolphins HQ, so I don't trust them as unbiased sources.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 11:30:47 am »

I watch most of his press conferences.  Yes, he is particularly non-upbeat but he does have a subdued manner often during these routine press conferences.

For a long time the first question was always "what time did you get here today?".  Typically the answer was 6 am.  Then they would sometimes ask "what time did you leave?".  The answer would vary but typically it would be pretty late.  Like many coaches, he does not get much sleep and is constantly in the facility. 

He may indeed be discouraged by what he is having to deal with, but a lot of what you are seeing is physical exhaustion and not necessarily mental/emotional exhaustion.

He may not be the best guy for the Dolphins HC position (or maybe he is), but he does give 100%.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 05:14:23 pm »

He may not be the best guy for the Dolphins HC position (or maybe he is), but he does give 100%.
I don't doubt that he's given it his all, but I think circumstances have worn him down and his all is't what it used to be.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 06:56:03 pm »

You'd be mopey too if everyone in your town was hoping that you lost your job and hated your guts.

To be fair, I don't think Mort or Schefter have set one foot in Dolphins HQ, so I don't trust them as unbiased sources.
I know Mort and Schefter get paid MILLIONS to spread lies everyday on ESPN. Nothing they say his true  Roll Eyes

have to be kidding me
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray