Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:56:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  ...and now this comment (Marshall)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ...and now this comment (Marshall)  (Read 4686 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: October 14, 2011, 09:39:41 am »

Marshall, who has had his issues off the field, amusingly promised some excitement on it, saying: "My goal is to get thrown out midway through the second quarter. Hopefully, I achieve that."

"I don't care what the commentators say, I'm just going to play football," Marshall said in a 12-minute post-practice interview session that a Dolphins official tried to end several times. "If it's throwing a ball 15 yards into the bleachers or punting the ball, I'm probably going to get kicked out in the second quarter."

Beautiful.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82318a9c/article/monster-man-dolphins-marshall-graduating-from-beast-mode?module=HP11_headline_stack

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 01:53:12 pm »

I think someone forgot to take their meds.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 02:33:26 pm »

I don't care.  Heaven forbid someone should show some enthusiasm.  Good for him.  Its about time someone on this team got fired up.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:40:51 pm »

I don't think the comment is all that stupid, unless he backs up the claim. This is the equivalent of Rex Ryan flapping his gums about how he thinks the Jets will win the Super Bowl this week. It's only stupid if they don't win.  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 03:07:40 pm »

If and only if he gets ejected in the game will I give a shit about what he said. When everyone else is talking about trading the whole damn team and firing all the coaches I am glad someone is still focusing on going out there to play with some damn fire against the Jets on Monday Night. The only claim he makes that I hope comes true is that he plays like a beast out there.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 03:15:41 pm »

He could very well get fined for these comments. You can't publicly challenge NFL authority by stating that you will be punting the ball into the stands and [doing something that warrants] being ejected in the 2nd quarter.

You can talk smack, you can get "fired up", whatever. You can't publicly call out NFL officials, the NFL itself, or, state that you will be breaking NFL rules.

That may cost about $15,000

AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 03:26:19 pm »

^^^
Again who cares....it's his money, if he wants to donate it to the league for some dumb comments then by all means that is his perogative!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 03:33:49 pm »

^^ On a 4-0 team, this is cute / "bulletin-board material" etc...

On an 0-4 team in a complete tail-spin after a BYE week....why open your mouth?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 03:56:05 pm »

I don't see this as a big deal. Personally I see this as "we have answered all of these stupid 0-4 questions as much as we can. Here is something really stupid for you to write."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 04:52:42 pm »

Its not a big deal.  Its the latest jtex effort to stir the Anti-Fins pot.

He's not going to get fined.  Where do you get this stuff?
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 07:03:20 pm »

I think he was trying to fire up the team and himself.  He knows the importance of this game.  The troops need rallying badly at this point.

However, if he goes out there and starts a fight for real...then we have a real problem.  I just hope he's still taking his meds.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray