Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:23:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Is it better to have won and lost or to have never won at all?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is it better to have won and lost or to have never won at all?  (Read 934 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: October 18, 2011, 02:24:12 pm »

Something someone said in another thread made me think of this and I thought it would make for some interesting discourse especially since some of us have been fans of Miami longer than others. Here's my question.

Do you think it's better to have watched the "good" years of the Dolphins back when they were perenial division winners and playoff team and now have to suffer through non playoff caliber teams and both a 1-15 season and an 0-5 season or to have never seen the Dolphins at their best and only know them as just the local team or the team that tries hard but never really manages to win anything?

I'm biased of course, but I tend to think the former is "tougher" because we can still remember those great teams and how proud we once were and to see the team as it is now makes it even tougher to see them like this.

What do think?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 02:26:02 pm »

I'm happy to have won and enjoy being a good team in the 90s (my glory days).

I think it makes this current team "fun" for me, rather than frustrating.  We're just so inept that it rolls off my back.

The hardest years for me were those where I felt like we were a player or a play away...losing close games, but playing tough.

Now, at least I have no expectations and can just watch and laugh at how much of a joke we are.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 03:01:28 pm »

I watched the 49ers win 5 Super Bowls...and then become one of the worst teams in football for the past decade. Now they're starting to turn things around again. I think it is definitely better to have won and lost than to never have won at all.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 03:17:21 pm »

I'm happy to have won and enjoy being a good team in the 90s (my glory days).

I think it makes this current team "fun" for me, rather than frustrating.  We're just so inept that it rolls off my back.

The hardest years for me were those where I felt like we were a player or a play away...losing close games, but playing tough.

Now, at least I have no expectations and can just watch and laugh at how much of a joke we are.

I so relate to this.  It's kind of hard to get disappointed these days because it's expected where as in the past it was the opposite. .

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 03:34:12 pm »

I live in Upstate NY so for me it was heartbreak in the 80's/90's to see Miami lose playoff games in Buffalo in the winter, when if those games were in Miami they would have had several SB appearances.  Now for the past decade it just seems like constant upheaval, which is why I hate it when fans on here repeatedly call for wholesale change.  I have come to expect disappointment from them, and I go through fewer remote controls because I no longer throw them at the wall.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray