Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:24:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  My biggest fear now
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: My biggest fear now  (Read 6451 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: October 21, 2011, 11:50:52 am »

Here's my biggest fear for this year now, that we actually do end up losing nearly all our games, maybe winning 1 or 2 along the way and are in position for the 1st pick in the draft and the season is nearly over so we would have suffered through the worst and could start looking forward to the draft and maybe things getting better and then Miami pulls off an upset win in the last week of the season to screw it all up.

I said before that I won't root for them to lose and I won't, but if they win a meaningless game in week 17 to blow the chance to get the first pick in the draft, it will only confirm my belief that the Dolphins have somehow been cursed.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:17:41 pm »

Here's my biggest fear for this year now, that we actually do end up losing nearly all our games, maybe winning 1 or 2 along the way and are in position for the 1st pick in the draft and the season is nearly over so we would have suffered through the worst and could start looking forward to the draft and maybe things getting better and then Miami pulls off an upset win in the last week of the season to screw it all up.

I said before that I won't root for them to lose and I won't, but if they win a meaningless game in week 17 to blow the chance to get the first pick in the draft, it will only confirm my belief that the Dolphins have somehow been cursed.
no worries. Landry jones is pretty good too
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 11:50:42 am »

That's why you almost gotta hope the Jets are relevant all year. You want the Jets to be alive that final week fighting with a Buffalo or Oakland/SD for the final wildcard spot. Cause they could mail it in that final game and bench everyone to try and keep Luck out of the division. And with Rex and that group I wouldn't put it past them. They would score on themselves and laugh about it and make a total mockery out of things.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 07:29:17 pm »

Sun Sentinel and other outlets reporting Sparano won't be fired this week
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 07:34:58 pm »

Thank God!  We need that loser to keep all the other losers in sinc.

They did a great job today, up by 15 with under 3 minutes to play!  Almost seemed fixed! Cool
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 07:58:56 pm »

After that game I watched today I would say your fears are over of picking first...
I hope they fire sprano on the last game of the season,Why pay him to sit home while we deal with mess he's helped create.Let him work and sweat the season out.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 06:22:03 am »

What if Miami and Indy both go winless.....how do they determine who picks first?  My biggest fear is that we lose every game and still don't get the first pick in the draft.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 07:02:35 am »

What if Miami and Indy both go winless.....how do they determine who picks first?  My biggest fear is that we lose every game and still don't get the first pick in the draft.

strength of schedule. Since Miami's is more difficult I believe we would get the #1 pick

not 100% sure but I am almost 100% thats how it works
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 10:03:54 am »

strength of schedule. Since Miami's is more difficult I believe we would get the #1 pick

not 100% sure but I am almost 100% thats how it works

I thought it was the opposite. They have an easier schedule and still tanked means they get first pick?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 10:45:12 am »

^^ CF is correct, since Indy has the weaker schedule they would actually be considered worse than Miami. LOL

Actually of all the teams that I could see actually trading the 1st pick in the draft to Miami, Indy would be my 1st choice. They already have Peyton and trading #1 for #2 plus a couple of things of value, (Brandon Marshall anyone?) I could see them doing.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:51:28 am »

I'm not all that familiar with Peyton's situation, so I may just be talking out of my arse here.  But I'm not sure that he won't just retire during the off season.  He is getting up there in age, has an injury that could end up becoming a quality of life issue if he hurts it again, he has made more than enough money to live the good life, and his team is horrible.   Given all those factors, I would think that he would give consideration to just hanging it up.  And if he does, the Colts would be looking for Luck also.  But like the Dolphins, the Colts have a lot of position needs all over the field.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 10:54:52 am »

^^ CF is correct, since Indy has the weaker schedule they would actually be considered worse than Miami. LOL

Actually of all the teams that I could see actually trading the 1st pick in the draft to Miami, Indy would be my 1st choice. They already have Peyton and trading #1 for #2 plus a couple of things of value, (Brandon Marshall anyone?) I could see them doing.

The thing is, Peyton is 35?  36?  Why not draft Luck, sit him for 2 or 3 years, and go from franchise QB to franchise QB? (The Green Bay approach).

I think if the Colts get the # 1, they draft Luck and keep him.  If the Rams get the # 1, they draft Luck and trade Bradford to the highest bidder.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 11:02:10 am »

The thing is, Peyton is 35?  36?  Why not draft Luck, sit him for 2 or 3 years, and go from franchise QB to franchise QB? (The Green Bay approach).

I think if the Colts get the # 1, they draft Luck and keep him.  If the Rams get the # 1, they draft Luck and trade Bradford to the highest bidder.
Yeah, they could go that way, but that's not really ideal for either Luck nor Peyton. You think Luck is gonna be happy sitting for 2 or 3 years behind Peyton? You think Peyton is gonna be happy about being pushed out in Indy?  You saw how things went down in GB, not exactly a smooth transition. Yeah, I know Favre isn't Peyton and Luck isn't exactly Rogers, but still it won't necessarily work. Now I'm not saying that Indy will or won't do it, I'm just saying that of all the teams at the bottom of the NFL, Indy is the one that really doesn't "need" a franchise QB next year.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 11:02:57 am »

Okay lets pretend the draft order is 1. Colts, 2. Miami 3. Rams.

Colts have seveal options

1) keep Manning; draft best player for Colts needs.  Luck would fall to Miami (I think this is very unlikely)  But the Colts aren't a very active in trading draft picks.  They are the antitheses of NEP in this regard.

2) trade Manning; draft Luck -- This would not be a bad idea for the long term of the team.  He is getting old and just had surgary that kept him out of NFL for the season.  Dungy is suggesting this would be the best move for the Colts.  Might not be popular with fans.  I consider this the most likely.  

3) Trade the pick; keep Manning.  IF the Colts have a non-QB player they are hot and heavy for Miami would be the ideal trading partner.  Rams aren't going to trade up.  So if the Colts trade with #4, they risk losing their coverted player.  OTOH, if the Colts don't have one single player in mind that they consider a major game changer but several players they really like, trading down multiple spots to the 8-10 range would get them a lot more picks than trading with Miami.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 11:09:08 am »

2) trade Manning; draft Luck -- This would not be a bad idea for the long term of the team.  He is getting old and just had surgary that kept him out of NFL for the season.  Dungy is suggesting this would be the best move for the Colts.  Might not be popular with fans.
The fans? Since when do they count? How popular would this be with Irsay and Polian? They are both pretty tight with Peyton I believe. I can't really see them doing this. And what about Caldwell? There's no guarantee that Luck is gonna be able to come in and do what Peyton does. Hell I'm not sure that Peyton as a rookie could have done what Peyton does.

Now I could see them taking Luck and hopeing to keep both happy long enough to eventually trade Peyton, but trading Peyton at the end of this year? I don't see that happening.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray