Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:36:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Poll: Is Sparano Fired Monday?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Will Monday be the end of the line for coach Tony Sparano?
Yes
No

Author Topic: Poll: Is Sparano Fired Monday?  (Read 5429 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: October 23, 2011, 07:27:02 pm »

My vote: Yes.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Kirbyjr

Ted Ginn Jr.....see above

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 07:32:05 pm »

This team and franchise needs to do something......this should be the first step.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 07:39:53 pm »

Probably not 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 08:18:52 pm »

After Sunday Implosion, i really hope he is fired but at the same time, i want him to finish out this mess he has created.  He gone anyways , why pay him to sit on his ass and watch the crap he put on the field.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 08:24:14 pm »

Nope, I think it will be after the Thanksgiving Massacre game.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 12:22:24 am »

Nah. He'll finish the season.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 02:10:48 am »

There is zero chance he finishes the season.  Ross' tipping point will come soon, if it hasn't come already...
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 06:36:15 am »

I still think firing Sparano now would be giving into emotion instead of doing what's best for the team in the long run.  What does replacing Sparano with an interim coach midway through the season accomplish, if your goal is change direction completely next year? I see it as another distraction. This team has expansion talent and isn't going anywhere until the front office and coaching staff is completely overhauled.  Maybe it would make the fans feel better to see Tony run out of Miami on a rail, but I don't see what difference it makes now, other than letting Tony collect a paycheck while you pay another coach to lose games.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 10:21:04 am »

What would be the point?

The season is not salvageable.  If Ross has someone he wants long term, okay go get him.  But firing Sparano to name replace him with someone you aren't going to keep next year is kinda pointless. 

And most of the people the Dolphins probably want are OCs and DCs that won't be available until the end of the season.  If Ross wants to make Brian Daboll or Mike Nolan the head coach for this year AND next year...yeah fire Tony.

But if the plan is to go with someone else and let that person hire his own OC and DC no point in promoting someone you are gonna fire in 2 months. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 12:05:18 pm »

No.

Because Ross runs his team based on what people say on forums.  Which means he is also legitimately "sucking for Luck"

Disgusting.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 12:05:40 pm »

More and more it seems that Tony won't be fired at all during the year. Ross seems content to simply ride out the year with Tony and then fire him at the end of the year and apparently a lot of folks agree with him.

I believe that you make decisions and you act on those decisions when things are going this badly. I don't believe that firing Tony will "fix" anything, but that's not why I fire him. I fire him because he deserves to be fired, plain and simple. Then you make a decision about an interim coach and you go with it. Again, I don't think it will "fix" anything, but doing nothing isn't the right way to go about doing things. Fire Tony and put someone else in charge. If it doesn't work out, that's fine, it wasn't working out with Tony.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 12:09:20 pm »

If I was Ross, I'd cancel the rest of the games and forfeit them all.

But, then again, he would lose a lot of money by doing that.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 04:44:25 pm »

I do not believe he will be fired now and although it is immanent by seasons end I am not sure what is would accomplish to do so now.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 09:30:41 pm »

I get that firing him now doesn't accomplish anything.

But with each passing week, this question will continue to get asked, because he isn't the first and won't be the last coach on the hot seat during a season. Every year a coach gets axed during the season.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 11:34:54 pm »

I've said this before, but I guess I'll repeat it:

Right now, Ross is auditioning for his next coach.  By NOT firing Sparano, he is helping to undo some of the perception that was created when he chased after Harbaugh (without firing Sparano first) in the offseason.

A normal owner could fire Sparano now without unnecessary baggage.  Ross is no longer a normal owner; he is fighting to avoid being the next Dan Snyder.  So I continue to support Ross' decision to let the season play out, for two reasons:

1) Firing Sparano will accomplish nothing, in terms of the result this season
2) Not firing Sparano will greatly enhance Ross' stature among coaches, which is the most important factor in play right now

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray