Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:56:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Coming clean.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Coming clean.  (Read 1314 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: October 24, 2011, 11:19:28 am »

Ok, I have to admit that with 4 minutes left I was still thinking "We could still lose this..." and actually I was kinda hoping that we would.  Mind you I wasn't cheering for Denver to come back, but in the back of my mind I was not convinced we could hold the lead and then when Denver scored and got the onside kick at that point I started to think, "If they go down and score a TD and go for 2 and DON'T make it, I'm gonna be pissed off."

And when Denver did go down and scored and got the 2 point conversion, I just had to laugh. I'm not proud of myself, but I have to admit it. I really don't want us to win anymore games this year. I really don't.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:44:49 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26:27 am »

^^^ Sadly, I agree with ya... If Miami is going to suck this monumentally, they reeeeally should come away with something for their troubles...like Andrew Luck, or at least Landry Jones.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 06:06:56 pm »

Up 15 i didn't think Miami could blow it honestly. Not with the way Tebow was playing. But when I saw that garbage CB we have Sean Smith dog-ing it on Denver's 1st TD drive just running around with WR's not trying to make plays but just running with guys like it was a scrimmage, I had a moment where I thought maybe it could happen. But then I saw Tebow throw a duck or two and said to myself....nah. 2 TD's and a 2pt conversion, no way. Can't happen. But they proved me wrong yesterday!

In crunch time our "big names" on defense who are in contract years failed. Soliai and Wake are gonna be free agents in the wrong year! And Soliai isn't going to get franchised again, that's for damn sure.
tubba marxxx
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 06:32:43 pm »

3 minutes left in the game, my buddy says to me "Hey man, looks like you're gonna get a win." 

I replied with "nope, there's plenty of time for Miami to blow it"

Sure enough, here we are.

P.s.  How many times is our defense going to get burned by a QB draw up the middle before we,...ya know....prepare for it?

Ever since Miami lost to Houston in 2008 with Matt Schaub's last second QB draw to win the game for the Texans, Miami hasn't been able to stop it.  Any one else notice this?  I CALLED Tebow running right up the middle to tie the game.  I've seen it soo many time before
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:26:55 pm »

Everyone in the stadium knew what was coming on the 2pt conversion, except the Miami defense, that is.

I don't think Tebow even got touched on the play.  Ridiculous.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 08:39:42 am »

The coaches just don't understand that you need LB help near the goal line. There is never help over the top.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 11:43:49 am »

In crunch time our "big names" on defense who are in contract years failed. Soliai and Wake are gonna be free agents in the wrong year! And Soliai isn't going to get franchised again, that's for damn sure.
Wake got 2 sacks yesterday.  What did Dansby and Burnett do?

Seriously, it's like you've gotten a hold of this idea that if Wake doesn't get a gamewinning strip-sack-fumble, he's a bum and we need to cut him loose.  Right now, he's the best performing LB on the team, and it's not like he has anything close to the biggest contract.

Marshall is paid the most of the WRs, but at least he isn't being outperformed by other Dolphin WRs making less than him.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:15:10 pm »

Wake got 2 sacks yesterday.  What did Dansby and Burnett do?

Seriously, it's like you've gotten a hold of this idea that if Wake doesn't get a gamewinning strip-sack-fumble, he's a bum and we need to cut him loose.  Right now, he's the best performing LB on the team, and it's not like he has anything close to the biggest contract.

Marshall is paid the most of the WRs, but at least he isn't being outperformed by other Dolphin WRs making less than him.

So because those Wake and Marshall (in your opinion) are the best of a bad bunch that makes them "great"....give me a break. Why do you and your troll buddy on this site keep bringing up Dansby/Burnett. Seriously, you fight off every argument with Dansby/Burnett for some reason. And I said Wake was having a bad season and we probably shouldn't resign him BEFORE Sunday's game, where the entire defense had 7 sacks. I have been consistent on this.

All I said was Dansby/Burnett are under contract next year, no need to replace them next year. They are the least of our problems. The defense for the most part has played well SINCE Week 1. But when a new coach blows this team up if Soliai and Wake want big money as free agents (WHICH THEY ARE FREE AGENTS AND DANSBY AND BURNETT AREN'T)....no friggin way! They haven't earned that huge payday. Sorry if you find that as a crazy notion.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 06:24:10 pm »

If the decision comes down to paying Wake or paying Burnett, sorry, I'm paying Wake.  I don't know how else to put that.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, Marshall is also under contract next year... yet you have no problem cutting him loose, when he's playing FAR better than the rest of the WRs.  But for some unknown reason, you do not apply the same standard to Dansby and Burnett.

Some consistency, please.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:26:21 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 06:38:55 pm »

If the decision comes down to paying Wake or paying Burnett, sorry, I'm paying Wake.  I don't know how else to put that.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, Marshall is also under contract next year... yet you have no problem cutting him loose, when he's playing FAR better than the rest of the WRs.  But for some unknown reason, you do not apply the same standard to Dansby and Burnett.

Some consistency, please.

But Wake's contract is up this offseason. Burnett's isn't.

And Marshall has dropped 5 touchdowns so far and leads the NFL in drops and not playing like a top 2 or 3 WR in the game which is what he is being paid.  That is a HUGE difference. Burnett isn't paid like a top 2 or 3 MLB, not even close! Not to mention Burnett isn't getting stabbed in the offseason, Burnett was good in 2010, Marshall was bad in 2010, and Burnett doesn't have 2 strikes against him in the NFL personal conduct policy while Marshall does and STILL is getting in off the field incidents. This comparison is foolish. If Burnett was being paid like Urlacher I would be calling for his head. He isn't. Burnett is being paid like most middle of the road MLB's, not a big deal.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray