Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:41:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  "This Once Proud Franchise"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "This Once Proud Franchise"  (Read 5407 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: October 24, 2011, 09:38:17 pm »

If I read this line one more time, I'm going to spew [insert beverage here] all over my keyboard.

Stop with the fucking nostalgia already. Your franchise hasn't been proud in over 10 years. Get over it. It's never going to return to "the good old days". Things may get better eventually and they may become a contender (and who knows, win?) but they will never ever ever ever ever be that "once proud franchise" again.

Kill this stupid phrase here and now, please.

Thanks.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 08:43:20 am »

So, you're saying teams are never really good, then really bad, then really good? So once you've hit rock bottom you never go back up. Gotcha.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:49:00 am »

So, you're saying teams are never really good, then really bad, then really good? So once you've hit rock bottom you never go back up. Gotcha.

Huh Roll Eyes o k

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:57:25 am »

If I read this line one more time, I'm going to spew [insert beverage here] all over my keyboard.

Stop with the fucking nostalgia already. Your franchise hasn't been proud in over 10 years. Get over it.
Say, which NFL team had the highest all-time winning percentage entering the 2011 season?

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:03:17 pm »

I feel the same way when hearing Hurricanes fans talk... Oooohhhhh.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 02:05:22 pm »

THIS ONCE PROUD FRANCHISE!!!!

Did you get any on you?  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 02:06:47 pm »

I may permanently replace "Miami Dolphins" with "This once proud franchise" in all future posts, just to fuck with JoeTex's head...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 02:11:20 pm »

Say, which NFL team had the highest all-time winning percentage entering the 2011 season?

Who cares?

Seriously, who cares about that stat? The Dolphins have done nothing in 10-11 years now. Why does it matter that they had good winning percentages in the 70's and 80's? How does that help "This Once Proud Franchise" now a days? It's certainly not generating stadium attendance, high-caliber coaching or player talent, national notoriety or, most importantly, a winning football team.

This is the kind of nonsense that is brought up for nostalgic purposes only...like "17-0", "Killer B's", and old has been's like Don Shula.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 06:50:32 pm »

Who cares?

Seriously, who cares about that stat?
When you are discussing a phrase ("This Once Proud Franchise") that references a proud history, having a strong historical record of winning (as evidenced by their league-leading win %) would seem to be a relevant detail.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 07:59:58 pm »

the franchise may not have been proud in 10 years, but emotionally, NY fears Don Shula.  And that bothers you.  I hearby curse the Giants using my can of Skoal and mason jar of corn.  PLLLLLLLLLHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Tongue

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 12:33:04 pm »

The dolphins are tied with the Chicago Bears for all time winning percentage in the regular season, all together (Regular + post season) it's the cowboys.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/win-loss_records.aspx

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 10:17:43 am »

The dolphins are tied with the Chicago Bears for all time winning percentage in the regular season, all together (Regular + post season) it's the cowboys.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/win-loss_records.aspx

Raptors, what's your point here? Are you commending them, or praising them? Either way, it doesn't really matter. Jtex, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but reading comprehension does not seem to be your strong point. By the very definition of the basic words being used, "this once-proud franchise" refers to EXACTLY that- a team that (and these are YOUR words) "hasn't been proud in over 10 years." It's not proud anymore. It sucks. It is challenging the Lions for having the worst record in recent NFL history. If Miami was a .500 team, they wouldn't be labeled, "this once proud franchise." They're labeled that because- SHOCKER- it's what they are. -EK
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:42:37 am by EKnight » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 10:25:08 am »

Once-proud means just what it says.  Once, long ago, we were proud, and now we suck, so we're not proud anymore.

Why is that difficult to understand?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 01:52:06 pm »

I predict that the Dolphins will not have said honor at the start of the 2012 season. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 02:49:58 pm »

"One proud" is used ot illustrate how far we've fallen.  It's one thing to be the Texans and suck, when you've never really been good for any amount of time.  When you have felt the glory of being a great franchise, the misery of being a joke is even more apparent.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray