Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:44:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  The one possibility that no-one is considering!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The one possibility that no-one is considering!  (Read 3975 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: October 26, 2011, 01:21:04 pm »

What if the Dolphins choose NOT to draft Andrew Luck?

A lot can happen between now and the draft. Remember this is the organization that drafted a lineman instead of Matt Ryan 3 years ago. There are no guarantees that they won't just draft a nose tackle or something instead of a QB.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 01:38:21 pm »

That's something I've been considering since the season has been progressing and put in a couple of threads, tounge-in-cheek. Just basically joking if we can trust the front office in making the right call. I still don't know if we can.  Grin
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:40:10 pm »

That's why I'm FIRMLY against "Suck for Luck"  The entire concept is based on a boatload of assumptions all aligning, the biggest of which is "Andrew Luck will be a stud QB for 15 years in the NFL, no matter which team he signs with"
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 02:03:49 pm »

You can't post this. Certain members of this board will not be able to fathom the concept, and because of numerous "reports" of what may happen have taken it to the bank that he will be a Phin. You are certainly going to burst a lot of bubbles here. -EK
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 02:09:27 pm »

Its been considered. Already joked about in a couple threads, Cathal and I come to mind.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 02:51:29 pm »

Don't think I haven't thought of this.  However, I just don't think it's possible.  Luck is so universally touted, that even if he isn't a draft success, whoever drafts him will get a pass.  For the Dolphins to not draft Luck, it would be complete franchise suicide.

I suppose you could say the same thing about Reggie Bush, but even at their worst, the Texans were never in shambles like the Dolphins are now.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 06:25:58 pm »

I expect Luck will go number one.  Either by the team that is in the #1 spot or via trade. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 09:37:38 pm »

I hate that our eyes are already turned to the draft knowing that there are 10 more near meaningless weeks of LOLphin football.

A lot of things are going to transpire in the football world before April.  If you are wasting your time stressing out about the number one pick and you are not Mel Kiper, Jr., just stop.  Sit back.  Relax.  The time will come when this is the most important issue facing our team.  Until then, arguing on the internet about it is mental masturbation and a total waste of time/energy.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 12:03:25 am »

What if the Dolphins choose NOT to draft Andrew Luck?

What if JoeTex writes a TDMMC post next preseason titled "How the Dolphins will go 16-0."

It's possible, I suppose, but I'll believe that shit when I see it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 02:06:34 pm »

^ So far I've had two very likely 0-16 predictions (1-15 and this season). Not so much with 16-0.

When the Dolphins achieve New England Patriot-like clout, then I'll consider it.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 02:16:23 pm »

^ So far I've had two very likely 0-16 predictions (1-15 and this season). Not so much with 16-0.

When the Dolphins achieve New England Patriot-like clout, then I'll consider it.

So you answered your own question... It isn't possible for Miami to have the #1 pick and NOT select Luck.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 06:54:18 pm »

During your streak of annual 0-16 Dolphin predictions, we had  the unprecedented occurrence of both a 16-0 and an 0-16 team.  You predicted neither of these events.

If you are truly concerned about providing accurate predictions, I suggest you look somewhere other than Miami for your predictions.

jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 08:40:18 am »

^ My prediction is that the Dolphins suck. I think it's pretty accurate.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 09:08:32 am »

You don't actually make predictions, Joe...you throw shit at the wall and hope one of the splatters can be passed off as "abstract art."

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray