Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:08:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137211 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #480 on: January 14, 2012, 10:22:42 pm »

"The National Nightmare" as Charles Barkley called it, is now over!

Tebow 3/12 passing for 28 yards in the 3rd quarter. I would say he would pad those terrible stats but I'm not sure he is capable of even doing that in garbage time.

And since we couldn't see little Timmy do it tonight, here is your weekly Tebow pose for those who want to see it
http://www.brobible.com/bronews/story/weekend-buzz-playmate-jessa-hinton-tebowing
Landshark
« Reply #481 on: January 15, 2012, 06:58:38 am »

Pittsburgh would've make this a much better game.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #482 on: January 15, 2012, 08:00:04 am »

Pittsburgh would've make this a much better game.

No doubt!  Tebow lost 4 of his last 5 games this year. And aside from a few fluke plays vs Pitt he was really bad in that stretch.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #483 on: January 15, 2012, 10:10:20 am »

I so wish Pittsburgh would have won that game.  Sad
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #484 on: January 15, 2012, 03:00:30 pm »

I so wish Pittsburgh would have won that game.  Sad

second that.

I also would go on record to say that pittsburgh would have beaten the pats.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #485 on: January 15, 2012, 04:13:33 pm »

What kind of logic is that? They couldn't stop Denver and Tebow, but they are some going to stop the team that beat Denver by 35? You're delusional. -EK
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #486 on: January 15, 2012, 06:09:51 pm »

Denver's defense was atrocious.  Denver's offensive line was like a seive.  Tebow was not able to overcome, kind of hard when the defense is in the backfield before the ball even reaches his hands..  Brady & Gronkowski would not have been stopped by any team.  Tebow has a ways to go, but may just make it.  After all this is Alex Smith's seventh year and he is just now playing his best.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:34:59 pm by masterfins » Logged
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #487 on: January 15, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »

^^I agree. What did New England cause- 20 plays for negative yards? That's the most complete I've seen them play all year. -EK
Landshark
« Reply #488 on: January 15, 2012, 10:45:14 pm »

^^I agree. What did New England cause- 20 plays for negative yards? That's the most complete I've seen them play all year. -EK

I just don't understand how Tebow lit up Pittsburgh's defense (one of the best in the league) for 316 yards, but couldn't do anything against New England's defense (one of the worst)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #489 on: January 15, 2012, 10:55:52 pm »

I just don't understand how Tebow lit up Pittsburgh's defense (one of the best in the league) for 316 yards, but couldn't do anything against New England's defense (one of the worst)

Pittsburgh's defense was a smoke and mirrors stat. YES, they were #1 in pass defense. But who did they play this year? They got Kerry Collins, Colt McCoy (twice), Kellen Clemens, Tyler Palko,  Blaine Gabbert, and Tavaris Jackson. They padded their pass defense stats vs the worst of the worst QB's in this league. That's 7 games, damn near half a season vs god awful QB's who can't throw the ball to save their lives
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #490 on: January 16, 2012, 01:52:53 am »

Denver's defense was atrocious.  Denver's offensive line was like a seive.  Tebow was not able to overcome, kind of hard when the defense is in the backfield before the ball even reaches his hands..  Brady & Gronkowski would not have been stopped by any team.  Tebow has a ways to go, but may just make it.  After all this is Alex Smith's seventh year and he is just now playing his best.

Well said
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #491 on: January 16, 2012, 07:19:22 am »

Pittsburgh's defense was a smoke and mirrors stat. YES, they were #1 in pass defense. But who did they play this year? They got Kerry Collins, Colt McCoy (twice), Kellen Clemens, Tyler Palko,  Blaine Gabbert, and Tavaris Jackson. They padded their pass defense stats vs the worst of the worst QB's in this league. That's 7 games, damn near half a season vs god awful QB's who can't throw the ball to save their lives

It was probably also the only time all year that Tebow saw Cover 0 all night long.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #492 on: January 16, 2012, 12:22:20 pm »

Pittsburgh's defense was a smoke and mirrors stat. YES, they were #1 in pass defense. But who did they play this year?
They played 7 games against teams that made the playoffs, which is more than anyone else in the NFL can say.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #493 on: January 16, 2012, 12:34:38 pm »

They played 7 games against teams that made the playoffs, which is more than anyone else in the NFL can say.

Yeah but I am looking at QB's they faced to judge their pass defense. Dalton and Flacco they got 4 games against, good QB's, not exactly great and Dalton is a rookie. Kevin Kolb who isn't great had a big day vs them. Alex Smith, a playoff team but not exactly a superstar QB (yes I know he had the game of his life this weekend, still just 1 game) isn't a great QB by any means.

Aside from Brady they didn't face any other elite QB this year (unless you count Schaub elite). They had a nice schedule lined up for them to put up good "pass defense" numbers
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #494 on: January 16, 2012, 12:37:28 pm »

I think it was Dan Patrick I heard this morning say that Belichek didn't take Denver for granted, they game planned them to death.  And as EK implied it was probably NE's best defensive showing all year long.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray