Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:52:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137191 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 07:36:12 pm »

Isn't the entirety of the pro-Tebow position that Winning Is What Matters and the rest is just irrelevant fluff?

Sanchez took his team to back-to-back AFCC games (while posting stats in the bottom third of the league).  What more can be expected from Tebow?

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 09:25:56 pm »

Isn't the entirety of the pro-Tebow position that Winning Is What Matters and the rest is just irrelevant fluff?

Nope, but thanks for trying to derail anyway.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 09:24:30 am »

Pat White was 46-7 in NCAA games.  He must be equally awesome.

You forgot to mention he is the only starting college QB to go 4-0 in bowl games.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 10:21:27 am »

He ain't Elway.  But he can make things happen with his feet.  He is a poor man's M. Vick.  (but with higher moral standards).   

He might develop into a better passer with experience.  Never gonna become the next Elway, but he could lead the Broncos to the playoffs next year. 
No one said he was Elway. I said it only took 4 games for him to accomplish something it took Elway much longer to do. 

I see him play an ugly QB game just like everyone else but just like everyone with an open mind (this includes Cowher and Gruden) I'm interested to see his development and will withhold judgement.  I don't think many people do not realize he that he is an unique and special player. The leadership he brings  alone is not something that can be taught. The long term question is will that be enough?

Take away the QB aspect and he got away from Wake, Dansby and Taylor several times. He beats people that most others do not beat. It's not like the NFL doesn't have a place for the guy and excuse the pun but Lord knows Tebow will do whatever the coaches feel is best for the team. I bet his final story will be an interesting read.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 10:52:17 am »

^^Completely agree. I can't figure out why there's such a split on Tebow. So many people either love or hate him. Why can't more people just admit he's a one in a million talent, that his team responds to. He did more against SD in one quarter than Orton did the other three, and nearly won the game- his team- all of the guys around him, seemingly to a man- play better when he's on the field. Does that mean he's the next Montano? No. Does it warrant that if you dislike him, his values, his haircut, or the fact that he has different morals than you he should immediately be labeled "loser" when all indications are that he works his ass off, does whatever his coaches ask of him, and brings something to his team that makes it better? Also, no. Revisit this again at the end of the season, and many people could end up saying, "Wow. I was wrong." They could. But they won't. Why? The same reason that people hate him and label him "not a winner" for no reason. -EK
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 11:17:28 am »

Revisit this again at the end of the season, and many people could end up saying, "Wow. I was wrong." They could. But they won't. Why? The same reason that people hate him and label him "not a winner" for no reason. -EK

Turn that around... If (or when) Tebow still looks like a horrifically untalented passer at the end of the season and Denver has a record of 4-12 or 5-11 (I just checked the schedule...Denver doesn't play Miami again), will all the people who have ignored his lack of QB talent in order to focus on his "leadership-morals-swell guy-college hero" come up here and admit they were wrong?

I'm guessing the answer there is "no" as well. When that scenario I noted above happens, which I believe it will, what I expect from the BTHS (Blind Tebow Homer Society) are a lot of excuses like...

"He doesn't have enough talent around him,"
or "he wasn't used properly by the coaching staff,"
or "you just need to give him more time to develop."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 11:21:14 am »

Let's not forget that he was sacked 6 times, so he didn't get away all that much.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 11:27:08 am »

Turn that around... If (or when) Tebow still looks like a horrifically untalented passer at the end of the season and Denver has a record of 4-12 or 5-11 (I just checked the schedule...Denver doesn't play Miami again), will all the people who have ignored his lack of QB talent in order to focus on his "leadership-morals-swell guy-college hero" come up here and admit they were wrong?

I'm guessing the answer there is "no" as well. When that scenario I noted above happens, which I believe it will, what I expect from the BTHS (Blind Tebow Homer Society) are a lot of excuses like...

"He doesn't have enough talent around him,"
or "he wasn't used properly by the coaching staff,"
or "you just need to give him more time to develop."

I will absolutely say he doesn't have enough talent around him (duh, they only had one win in five games BEFORE he started), and will likely also say he needs more time, BUT I'll be man enough to admit his talent couldn't overcome those things and that he's not as good as I thought he was if/when that happens. -EK
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 01:13:55 pm »

Why can't more people just admit he's a one in a million talent, that his team responds to.
Exactly because he is NOT a one in a million talent.  That's just it.  People treat him as though he is something no one's ever seen before, when, in fact, he's less talented than 80% of the QB's currently in the league.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 01:24:33 pm »

Let's not forget that he was sacked 6 times, so he didn't get away all that much.

He would have been sacked 12 or more times had he not been so elusive.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »

He would have been sacked 12 or more times had he not been so elusive.

Quartebacks who are able to drop back, check down and quickly find their targets with accurate throws aren't generally sacked 6 times in a game at all...much less 12.

Tebow reads defensive schemes as well as I read Russian.  He picks up blitzes like Hoodie picks up chicks.  He has one of the slowest releases I've ever seen. 

I can't tell you much about the guy other than those points...and those points are likely going to get the man killed on the field.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2011, 03:22:35 pm »

Exactly because he is NOT a one in a million talent.  That's just it.  People treat him as though he is something no one's ever seen before, when, in fact, he's less talented than 80% of the QB's currently in the league.

And yet he has more wins in one start than any QB on the Dolphins roster, and as many wins as every QB on the Broncos roster. How does that equal "less than 80% of the QB's currently in the league"? Exagerate much? -EK
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2011, 03:23:10 pm »

I'm changing my opinion on Tim Tebow. Any guy who gets a hottie like this is alright in my book!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2011, 03:32:30 pm »

Sunstroke- too many haters here. If you don't post a pic of them together, no one will believe you. Even after I do, I'm sure some people will claim it's photoshopped.

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2011, 03:35:46 pm »

Goodness.  I'd convert for that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray