Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137158 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2011, 08:19:38 am »

How long before the Broncos start putting Tebow and Orton in the backfield at the same time, and running a full-on NIRSA flag football option offense, where you never know which QB is going to get the snap?
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2011, 09:31:51 am »

Tim Tebow is this generation's Kordell Stewart.

Remember when Pittsburgh drafted "Slash" back in the 90's? They knew he was a superior athlete, but knew that he was a god-awful traditional QB. So they had to find a way to put him on the field, and he played WR and some other ad-hoc positions.

Tebow is seeing a similar fate here. He's not NFL QB material, everyone can see that. But he is a unique athlete that can contribute to an offense IF used properly. The Broncos are figuring out how to use his uniqueness properly - and having him drop-back under center in the traditional QB role is not the right way to use him.

Is that worth a 1st-round pick and trading up? No, but they're stuck with it.
Is Tebow the future of the QB position for Denver? No, but they're stuck with it.
Should the Broncos continue to try to find a way to use Tebow? Yes, because he clearly can produce in other non-QB areas, such as rushing and creating / extending plays. Whether that's a split-option QB role, him lining up as an RB in a wildcat-like formation or some other position.

Clearly, 2/8 not only signifies that he can't throw, it also signifies that he is not even allowed to throw, which means the coaches have given up on him and rather not have him throw the football.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2011, 01:47:20 pm »

I think this bizarre game plan has caught a few teams off guard.......similar to the wildcat a few years ago.  Now that teams have seen it, I expect them to prepare better for it and force Denver to pass the ball.  As much as I would like to see Denver beat the Jets, I don't see how they do it with a 1 dimensional offense. 

If you look at how Denver is winning, why isn't the defense being talked about? 

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2011, 05:00:55 pm »

I think this bizarre game plan has caught a few teams off guard.......similar to the wildcat a few years ago.  Now that teams have seen it, I expect them to prepare better for it and force Denver to pass the ball.  As much as I would like to see Denver beat the Jets, I don't see how they do it with a 1 dimensional offense. 

If you look at how Denver is winning, why isn't the defense being talked about? 

Ummm they are beating crappy teams? When they play a good team, such as the Lions, they get killed. Tebow is leading this team to some minor victories over flawed teams.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2011, 05:37:40 pm »

Tim Tebow is this generation's Kordell Stewart.

Remember when Pittsburgh drafted "Slash" back in the 90's? They knew he was a superior athlete, but knew that he was a god-awful traditional QB. So they had to find a way to put him on the field, and he played WR and some other ad-hoc positions.

Not even close. Kordell was a much better thrower/passer than Tebow is.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2011, 06:25:32 pm »

Not even close. Kordell was a much better thrower/passer than Tebow is.

Gotta Agree.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2011, 07:06:57 pm »

Ummm they are beating crappy teams? When they play a good team, such as the Lions, they get killed. Tebow is leading this team to some minor victories over flawed teams.

I was going to say that (they are beating crappy teams) in my original post, so I don't disagree.  I decided not to put that in since they beat KC on the road and Oakland, which is leading the AFC west.  I fully expect Denver to struggle against even average teams.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2011, 07:37:44 pm »

Thursday night we see Tebow vs the best defense in the league (he he) the Jets.

Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2011, 10:07:18 am »

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2011, 10:13:03 am »

I didn't want to derail this thread, but I think I can still fit it in. There are many people with the legal name Jesus. Why is that not just as blasphemous?

Personally, I don't care about the jerseys either way.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2011, 09:51:20 pm »

I doubt they mean it as the name pronounced "hey zeus", but I would present a problem if someone with that name was effectively blocked from getting their name on a jersey.  Personally, I think putting "Jesus" on a Bronchos #15 is dumb.  If Tebow does have a problem with, he needs to speak up and ask people not to wear such things.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2011, 05:38:15 am »

jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2011, 07:45:06 am »

The Broncos need every possible divine intervention that you can think of in order to win with Tebow as their QB:

- Moses splitting the red-sea
- Jesus performing miracles, turning water into wine
- Virgin births
- Re-incarnations
- David Tyree / Franco Harris-like catches
- Tom Brady "Tuck Rule"-like breaks
- Extra downs (like in that Michigan game some years back)
- Officials botching coin-flips (like Lions / Steelers on Thanksgiving)

...and all of this might still not be enough to win.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2011, 02:43:15 am »

Proof God exists...Tebow is 4-1 as a starter...only explanation on how Tim Tebow is 4-1. 
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2011, 03:38:49 am »

So the Broncos had less total yards than Sanchez did.
Guess they really do need to thank the D for getting that pick 6 and allowing them to win.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray