Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:44:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 138921 times)
shamrock

« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2011, 03:55:18 am »

Tebow just wins! I hope he wins a super bowl someday,if nothing else just to prove the so called "experts" wrong.How can you not just love this kid? He plays hard nosed old school football and even his Broncos teammates are starting to admit that there's just something about this guy that makes everyone around him play harder.And I love the fact that he puts God first in his life.I'm definately a fan!
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2011, 04:33:27 am »

Tebow just wins! I hope he wins a super bowl someday,if nothing else just to prove the so called "experts" wrong.How can you not just love this kid? He plays hard nosed old school football and even his Broncos teammates are starting to admit that there's just something about this guy that makes everyone around him play harder.And I love the fact that he puts God first in his life.I'm definately a fan!

Old school football? Is he going to try the jump pass to improve his rating?
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2011, 06:17:37 am »

Just like last week, I will say the same thing. Haters keep hating. He's now 4-1. The only thing that has changed in terms of personel in Denver in the past 6 weeks is that they traded away their best receiver, and began starting Tebow. It's the SAME BUNCH OF GUYS. Let the excuses fly- they do every week- but Tebow is a winner. He gets the people around him to play better. Once is an anamoly, twice is a coincidence. Four times? 92 out of the 95 game winning yards in the fourth quarter drive? NOTHING makes me happier than watching know-it-all's eat crow. -EK
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2011, 07:47:53 am »

Tebow still sucks. There's no question about it that he is not a traditional NFL QB.

The Broncos are using him correctly, and it's making a difference. Eventually, though, the league will catch up to this game-plan and Tebow will either have to seriously improve his QB play or he will be a back-up journey-man QB who will never see the field unless it's pre-season.

Please stop with the "all he does is win" bullshit, because he is now 6-3 as a starter (not 4-1) and 6-3 as a starter is nothing to write home about. Stop saying "he's a winner" because he hasn't done shit yet in this league. Stop saying he has "values" and he's a "team leader" and he's a "team player", because the NFL has a lot of those guys. Stop it.

Start using your brains, people. Tebow still sucks. He's never going to win a Super Bowl, his team will never be that great, and he will never ever ever be a good NFL QB. He's a back-up QB on a shitty team playing against other shitty teams. So far this season, the Dolphins, the Chiefs, and the Jets all are mediocre or worse. The one good team, the Lions, completely killed him. You can't win a Super Bowl or a playoff game if you can only beat the shitty teams like the Dolphins.

Tim Tebow is still garbage, and just like the Wildcat fad of the 2008 season and the Michael Vick love fest of 2010, once teams start to game-plan for it, it's over.

Get it through your thick christian heads.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2011, 07:55:06 am »

Broncos had what like 125 total yards for 55 min, final drive they get 95 yards.

Tebow sucks but when he sees the finish line and a win he grabs it! Which counts for something
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2011, 07:56:17 am »

Tebow Tracker:

Week 12: @ Chargers (Again, a shitty team with a shitty coach like Norv Turner, so I'm sure Tebow will rush for more yards than he will throw for)

Week 13: @ Vikings (Another shitty team, ripe for the Tebowing)

Week 14: vs. Bears (The Bears are playing good enough this season to shut the Broncos down. Tebow will have a bad day)

Week 15: vs. New England (Uh-Oh)

Week 16: @ Bills (Another fraud of a team)

Week 17: vs. Chiefs (Yet another fraud of a team)

It's easy to look good when you play against a pack of shit teams - ask Tony Sparano about the 2008 Wildcat season and how that is now being called "a mirage" by fans, as a fad due to a weak personnel roster led to the implementation of the "Wildcat" against a very poor collection of teams, where they lost not only the playoff game (badly) but they lost against the better teams, not the Chiefs and Redskins of the world.

Tim Tebow Teblows.

jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2011, 07:58:12 am »

Broncos had what like 125 total yards for 55 min, final drive they get 95 yards.

Tebow sucks but when he sees the finish line and a win he grabs it! Which counts for something

Yes. It does count for something. He is a closer and he shows up in the final minutes in the 4th quarter.

However, you know that against the Jets and Dolphins (crappy teams) that you can get away with this. The team's game-plan can't just continue to be "Let's let him play the whole game, even if he sucks for 55 minutes and shows up in the final 5". Against the Lions, and against playoff-caliber and championship-caliber teams, this strategy or approach will not work.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2011, 08:02:16 am »

Yes. It does count for something. He is a closer and he shows up in the final minutes in the 4th quarter.

However, you know that against the Jets and Dolphins (crappy teams) that you can get away with this. The team's game-plan can't just continue to be "Let's let him play the whole game, even if he sucks for 55 minutes and shows up in the final 5". Against the Lions, and against playoff-caliber and championship-caliber teams, this strategy or approach will not work.

It's a gimmick offense. It will fool people THIS year. Next year it won't. But he can enjoy the ride now while it lasts. Might even sneak out a playoff spot.

But no doubt Tebow can't play QB in this. That game last night was brutal for 55 min. He did nothing. But made up for it with 1 nice drive late
mboss
YJFF Member

Email
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2011, 08:19:38 am »

God should have given him better passing mechanics.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2011, 10:32:03 am »

Tebow still sucks.

disagree.

There's no question about it that he is not a traditional NFL QB.

Agree.

The Broncos are using him correctly, and it's making a difference.

Good coaching staffs do that. 

Eventually, though, the league will catch up to this game-plan and Tebow will either have to seriously improve his QB play or he will be a back-up journey-man QB who will never see the field unless it's pre-season.

Some of this success come from Denver running a unique offense.  But most QB and certainly any QB that remains in the league improves over time.  Or do you claim that Tom Brady was just as good in 2000 as he is now, Peyton was in his rookie year as was last year.  That Rodgers didn't benifit from seveal years of development on the bench.  That Marino didn't improve over time. 

While you statement is accurate about Tebow needing to improve if he is to remain a starter, it is equally true about Sanchez, Newton, Dalton, Moore, McCoy, Bradford, Stafford, Freeman, Painter, and Henne. 

His passer rating is higher this year and was last year than Eli Manning's was his first four years in the leauge, including the year the Giants won the superbowl.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2011, 11:09:17 am »

Just so I'm clear on this: before the Jets game, Tebow was going to get blown up by their amazing D, and after he wins, somehow he only wins against shitty teams? The same team that was supposed to beat Denver with their oh-so-great defense got their ass handed to them in the fourth quarter, when it counted, by Tebow who gained 92 yards BY HIMSELF. But he sucks? And you try to further your argument by saying "he's 6-3, not 4-1!" Either way he's three games over .500. That means he's a winner. There's no way to argue the numbers. At all. It doesn't matter how ugly his passes are or how inefficient he "appears" to you. His win last night, and the way he did it, is the leading story on every sports radio show and sports TV. Why is that? Because he sucks? Doubtful... -EK
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:40 am »

The Broncos are using him correctly, and it's making a difference. Eventually, though, the league will catch up to this game-plan and Tebow will either have to seriously improve his QB play or he will be a back-up journey-man QB who will never see the field unless it's pre-season.

This sums up how I feel about him. Yes he is doing a fine job closing games at the moment with a ton of help from his defense and running game. However, just like the wildcat which took the league by storm and turned a turd of a Dolphins team around, teams will catch on to his style and unless he can drastically improve his passing game he will never be more than a one trick pony.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2011, 11:45:07 am »

Tim Tebow's the real deal, I've become a believer!   Wink  He knocked Fat Rex's d1@k in the dirt, I hope he wins a Super Bowl Ring this year.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2011, 12:58:27 pm »

Holy crap Tebow throws poorly. He does present son unique challenges, though, and the Jets were prepared and pissed. Poor quarterback play by Sanchez is what really cost them. He had one good throw all game, an awful pick-6, a huge overthrow of his huge tight-end alone in the endzone , and another dropped int or two. Sanchez led the league in dropped interceptions last year (while Henne was at the very other end). All those defensive drops have really bumped his stats... And probably kept him from taking a huge hit to his confidence. I still think he can become a good quarterback, but those that suggest he's already there... Give Ricky his stash back.

As for Tebow, he's an awful passer right now. But can his other skills give him enough time to improve his passing game? Without it, I don't see him at quarterback for long.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »

I love this Tebow thing, because I'm not a Bronco fan.  If I liked the Broncos, I'd have consistant diarreah.  Keep fooling yourself...  The Broncos are winning in spite of Tebow's play.  They are doing a job using him as effectively as possible, but his style of play and his stat line is not a long term solution against viable defenses.  If it were a player other than Tebow, winning under these circumstances, you wouldn't see the same fanfare.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray