Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:03:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137164 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2011, 08:08:27 am »

The Packers' D has won 12 of 12.

Really? That's what you're going with? Yeah, Rodgers had NOTHING to do with that. -EK
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2011, 08:30:36 am »

Yeah, Rodgers had NOTHING to do with that. -EK

EXACTLY my point. Thanks for making it for me.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2011, 08:32:32 am »

Just curious ... isn't it still the concensus that QBs get too much credit for winning just as they get too much blame for losing?  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2011, 08:58:05 am »

EXACTLY my point. Thanks for making it for me.

WHAT was your point? You showed that the D and Rodgers BOTh helped GB get to 12-0. That's the exact same thing I've been saying- the D, running game, AND Tebow helped turn around Denver. Not Tebow alone, but also not without him. Your "point" doesn't make any sense to me. -EK
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2011, 09:04:56 am »

WHAT was your point? You showed that the D and Rodgers BOTh helped GB get to 12-0. That's the exact same thing I've been saying- the D, running game, AND Tebow helped turn around Denver. Not Tebow alone, but also not without him. Your "point" doesn't make any sense to me. -EK

Green Bay's D has been pretty bad. Have they made any good plays? Sure they have, but it's the offense that deserves the VAST majority of the credit.

Tim Tebow has been pretty bad. Has he made any good plays? Sure he has, but it's the defense that deserves the VAST majority of the credit.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2011, 09:07:07 am »

I have no problem with that AT ALL. My issue is with all the people saying that Denver wins "in spite of" play by Tebow, or that he still sucks, is garbage, etc. I completely agree with what you're saying. But it's ridiculous to say that it's ONLY been the running game when in two of those wins the running game was non-existant, or that it's ONLY been the defense when the D has still been giving up 3 TD's a game during the stretch (or even ~18 points per game if you take out the blow out loss to Detroit- 18 ppg is not quite as "dominant" as people want to make it sound- they're still ranked near the bottom in most defensive categories for the year). Without the D, the team would probably be 2-5 or worse during the stretch. I have no problem admitting that. Without Tebow, the absolute fact- what was played on the field- the team was 1-4. How can anyone overlook that and blow it off as just coincidence? -EK
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:15:51 am by EKnight » Logged
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2011, 03:13:11 am »

I have no problem with that AT ALL. My issue is with all the people saying that Denver wins "in spite of" play by Tebow, or that he still sucks, is garbage, etc. I completely agree with what you're saying. But it's ridiculous to say that it's ONLY been the running game when in two of those wins the running game was non-existant, or that it's ONLY been the defense when the D has still been giving up 3 TD's a game during the stretch (or even ~18 points per game if you take out the blow out loss to Detroit- 18 ppg is not quite as "dominant" as people want to make it sound- they're still ranked near the bottom in most defensive categories for the year). Without the D, the team would probably be 2-5 or worse during the stretch. I have no problem admitting that. Without Tebow, the absolute fact- what was played on the field- the team was 1-4. How can anyone overlook that and blow it off as just coincidence? -EK

Because people are giving Tebow all the credit. Sure they gave up 18ppg, but they left the Broncos close enough in the 4th quarter to allow the offense to win. How come the kool aid drinkers keep overlooking that?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2011, 09:55:06 am »

The coolest thing about Tebow is he keeps moving the curve. People have not changed their opinion of him but they keep changing the bar they have set.

1) He'll never get drafted as a QB.
2) He'll never start in the NFL as a QB
3) He will never win games in the NFL
4) He will never be a pro bowl QB
5) He will never win a Super Bowl

I wrote this in another thread but it probably should have been in here.  I highlight this because of what Tom Jackson said Sunday night on ESPN reminded me of this. He had said that if a team scored more than 24 points (or something like that) against Denver that Tebow wouldn't be able to deliver.  He then had to eat those words because he said Tebow proved him wrong. He's been a big critic all along.

You won't hear me say Tebow is the greatest QB. I will say regardless of what happens even beyond this point that he is a great man for getting here. There aren't very many people who could have done what he has done with what he has had to deal with on a regular basis.  I can't think of any one individual who has had as many people wanting him to fail both on and off the field and yet he continues to deliver. The saddest part is he has done nothing to warrant all of the negativitiy.  If that doesn't give you a "Jesus" type of irony then you aren't paying attention.

This won't mean anything to non-believers (other than I'm a fruit cake) so bare with me as I get all Jesus Freak ... I found it comforting that Dansby alluded to the "anointing" Tebow has on Jim Rome's show.  I also know that in God's own way He has used Tebow to remind many that He is much bigger than all of us. I know I found myself renewing if only because of seeing how much Tebow has endured and still prospered beyond his self. I think Dansby and others are seeing it as well and returning to His presence. I and many others are better off today because of Tim Tebow's obedience to God and that is something no one outside of God's own can understand. Obviously this has nothing to do with winning football games.

"Us losing to Tim Tebow the way we did, we seen it first hand,” Dansby said on Rome’s radio show.  “Young man is blessed.  Young man has a special anointing on him.  And for God to show himself in that game the way He did, through the guy He did it through, it opened a lot of guys’ eyes on our team.  And it brought a lot of guys closer to God, so like I said, everything happens for a reason. . . .  My hat goes off to Tim.  And God working through him like that, it opened up a lot of eyes.  He’s a blessed young man and I wish him much success the rest of his career.”

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:57:45 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2011, 11:05:40 am »

I completely agree and do not think you're a fruit cake at all. Regarding his beliefs and the fact that somehow, some people are threatened by him proffessing his love for God, he recently said on ESPN's "First Take," that if the most important being in your life is your wife, you don't just say you love her on your wedding day and never mention it again. You say it to her and everyone else every day. He feels the same about God. How can anyone find fault with that? -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2011, 11:49:58 am »

Regarding his beliefs and the fact that somehow, some people are threatened by him proffessing his love for God, he recently said on ESPN's "First Take," that if the most important being in your life is your wife, you don't just say you love her on your wedding day and never mention it again. You say it to her and everyone else every day.
And there's your problem.  Nobody else wants to hear about how much you love your wife, or your children... or your god.  Tell them how much you love them, not us.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2011, 12:00:25 pm »

And there's your problem.  Nobody else wants to hear about how much you love your wife, or your children... or your god.  Tell them how much you love them, not us.

That's true. I mean, you can mention it in very few scenarios, but no one cares to hear how much you love your family. It should be assumed that you love them. No one likes being told stuff they already know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2011, 12:06:11 pm »

You won't hear me say Tebow is the greatest QB. I will say regardless of what happens even beyond this point that he is a great man for getting here. There aren't very many people who could have done what he has done with what he has had to deal with on a regular basis.  I can't think of any one individual who has had as many people wanting him to fail both on and off the field and yet he continues to deliver. The saddest part is he has done nothing to warrant all of the negativitiy.
I can tell you why Tebow rubs me the wrong way.  As I see it, he has gotten an unfair advantage based on off-the-field concerns.

There are plenty of great option-style running QBs that never got a shot to play QB in the NFL; look at someone like Eric Crouch, for example.  This is normally the way things work.  But because of Tebow's wholesome god-fearing image, not only was he drafted ridiculously high, but you had the public and the media clamoring for him to get a chance.  And Fox was basically forced to start Tebow over Quinn, even though Quinn had performed well enough to be designated second-string.

He shouldn't even have had the opportunity to start for DEN, for all the same reasons Crouch never had an opportunity to start at QB in the NFL.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2011, 07:52:36 pm »

I can tell you why Tebow rubs me the wrong way.  As I see it, he has gotten an unfair advantage based on off-the-field concerns.

There are plenty of great option-style running QBs that never got a shot to play QB in the NFL; look at someone like Eric Crouch, for example.  This is normally the way things work.  But because of Tebow's wholesome god-fearing image, not only was he drafted ridiculously high, but you had the public and the media clamoring for him to get a chance.  And Fox was basically forced to start Tebow over Quinn, even though Quinn had performed well enough to be designated second-string.

He shouldn't even have had the opportunity to start for DEN, for all the same reasons Crouch never had an opportunity to start at QB in the NFL.

I am glad you brought up Crouch. The blatant hypocrisy between the two of them is amazing. I guess Crouch should have adopted a in-your-face Christian method and he would have made it too.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2011, 03:36:09 am »

I am glad you brought up Crouch. The blatant hypocrisy between the two of them is amazing. I guess Crouch should have adopted a in-your-face Christian method and he would have made it too.
First off I disagree that he is in your face about anything. It's no different than athletes giving props to their homies or even speaking in third person about themselves in every conversation. It's what they do but everyone accepts it because no one cares as long as they perform.

Secondly I'm curious how his "method" forced Fox into giving him a chance. So by using this method players can force coaches to do what they do not want to do? Is that kind of like "The Secret" . Maybe we should notify Oprah.

Lastly Crouch has gotten his chance in the CFL and has yet to do anything. This should support St. Louis  reasoning for not allowing him to play QB just as Matt Jones in Jacksonville. it happens.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2011, 03:58:06 am »

First off I disagree that he is in your face about anything. It's no different than athletes giving props to their homies or even speaking in third person about themselves in every conversation. It's what they do but everyone accepts it because no one cares as long as they perform.
How does that indicate that he's not "in your face"?  It just means that he's being "in your face" about his religion, instead of his own skills or what have you.  And the public has a lot more tolerance for a player touting themselves than touting their religious beliefs (or, for that matter, their relationship with their wife; see Doug Christie for a good example of the latter).

Secondly I'm curious how his "method" forced Fox into giving him a chance. So by using this method players can force coaches to do what they do not want to do?
An extreme amount of public and media pressure has been put on Fox to give Tebow a chance.  I doubt this was by Tebow's design, but it is what it is.

Lastly Crouch has gotten his chance in the CFL and has yet to do anything.
That's because he's been perpetually injured, possibly because he had 4 1/2 years between his last QB start in college and his first action at QB in the CFL.  This is to say nothing of the significant rule differences between American football and Canadian football.

The point is not whether or not Crouch would have been a successful NFL quarterback.  The point is that he never even got a chance.  But for some reason, Tebow did.  The difference is clear: Tebow's off-the-field behavior created a significant public outcry for him to get an opportunity to play QB in the NFL, while Crouch did not enjoy such a luxury.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray