Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:41:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 138915 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2011, 09:11:01 am »

As you already implied, Google makes this easy:

Tommie Frazier.

He's certainly in the debate for greatest college QB ever (he finished 13 slots above Tebow in this list), yet he went undrafted and never played a down in the NFL.  Surely, by your logic, such a legendary player and accomplished winner should have been entitled to a starting job in the NFL, just like Tebow, right?
Are you serious?

You honestly cannot see a difference between penalizing a player for poor conduct and promoting a player whose play has not merited such a change?  Do you think depth charts should be determined by who contributes most to the community?  Surely you are joking.

Did Brady Quinn mug an old lady?  Did he get busted trading meth for gay sex?  Why should Tebow leap him in the depth chart when Quinn was playing better?

Your argument is a joke. Frazier wasn't in the NFL because he had a serious medical condtion. He suffered such severe blood-clotting that no team drafted him because of that. I also didn't find many lists that ranked him ahead of Tebow. This one has Tebow 5th and Frazier 63rd. http://www.americasbestonline.com/cfootball100.htm CBS and ESPN (you know, national media, not just from Florida) writers both have discussed him as the greatest college player ever, unlike the BleacherReport list you referenced that was written by God only knows who, since you don't need to be an actual sports writer to make a list there.

You keep saying Tebow leaped Quinn- when, in fact, he didn't. They were both listed at #2. BOTH of them. How is that leaping anyone??

Did Quinn mug an old lady? No, but he did mug the Browns franchise, posting a career QB rating of 66.8, with a 10-9 TD-INT ratio and a win-loss record of 3-9. Not exactly a stellar vote of confidence to start ahead of Tebow, even if he was #2, and Tebow was #3, WHICH THEY WERE NOT.

Oh...wait...wait- it was because Quinn played better in the preseason right?
Quinn- Preseason QB rating 69.1. 2 TD's, 2 INTs. 276 passing yards. 52% completion, including 4-12 for 26 yards in the one game he started. Tebow came in at halftime and went 7-11 for 166 yards and the only TD they scored in that gane.
Tebow:  108 QB rating, 1 TD, no INTs, 310 passing yards. 64.5% completion rate. Exactly HOW did Quinn look better in preseason??

Keep throwing stuff out there though. Shooting down your arguments is entertaining- especially about a player too medically unstable to even get drafted, and who tried to then play in the CFL, only to have to retire because of the condition that kept him out of the NFL.  -EK
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:13:07 am by EKnight » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2011, 10:53:28 am »

Everything I've seen said that Tebow was worse than Orton and Quinn at practice.  Here's one example.

Orton sucking explains his benching, but it doesn't explain Tebow leapfrogging a more experienced QB that's playing better in Quinn.  That's why I say Tebow owes his starting job to Jesus (which I'm sure he would agree with, if not for exactly the same reason).

That "example" is from July.  And Orton outplaying Tebow in July is why Orton started in Sept.  By October Tebow appeared in the opinion of the professionals who run the Broncos and who get to watch every practice, that Tebow was better -- that is why he started instead of Orton or Quinn. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #257 on: December 11, 2011, 05:40:06 pm »

Halftime in Denver where the Bears are visiting...

Score is 0 - 0.
Tebow has completed 3 of 13 for 45 yards and an interception. Add another 4 rushes for 27 yards.

Has Tebow kept the Broncos in the game with a chance to win in the second half? Or has the rest of the team, defense especially this time, carried his sorry ass?
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #258 on: December 11, 2011, 06:27:27 pm »

If he wins, does it matter to anyone but the haters? -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #259 on: December 11, 2011, 06:44:38 pm »

I don't think it's fair to use one game as an indication.  (Just like I don't think it's fair to credit Tebow for those wins.)

But, I think you see a game where his numbers are comparable, like always, but everything isn't falling into place, like it has been.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #260 on: December 11, 2011, 07:03:11 pm »

But, I think you see a game where his numbers are comparable, like always, but everything isn't falling into place, like it has been.

What do you mean? :-)

Overtime... It's exactly like 'it has been'.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #261 on: December 11, 2011, 07:04:44 pm »

Tebow in the 4th qtr: 13-20 163 yards and a TD. Yeah...that's the D. IF they win- big IF- how do you NOT credit Tebow??? -EK
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #262 on: December 11, 2011, 07:05:13 pm »

If he wins, does it matter to anyone but the haters? -EK

How about the realists?

The extreme Tebow fanboy-ism that's everywhere is a complete joke.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2011, 07:07:01 pm »

Tebow in the 4th qtr: 13-20 163 yards and a TD. Yeah...that's the D. IF they win- big IF- how do you NOT credit Tebow??? -EK

I credit Tebow just as much for a small bit of good play in the fourth as I do for the 3 quarters of utter shit.

Look, Denver's D held Chicago to 10 points! NO ONE on offense deserves ANY credit for the game, regardless of who wins the toss-up that is overtime.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:11:19 pm by fyo » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2011, 07:17:17 pm »

I credit the guy who kicked a 59 yard field goal in crunch time. lol

And Marion Barber for being stupid! lol
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #265 on: December 11, 2011, 07:19:18 pm »

They held the Bears to under 230yds offense in the whole game and racked up four sacks, giving the offense a chance to tie the game on a last second field goal.
The Broncos offense on the other hand ran almost 20 more plays than the Bears offense did, and racked up 100yds more the Bears did, yet it took another last second, 59yd field goal to make it to overtime.
But your right, it was only Tebow on the last drive that was the deciding factor and no one else all day long.
Hell the defense should not even play as Tebow can do it all.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #266 on: December 11, 2011, 07:23:27 pm »

Do you guys just sit there cussing your TV at moments like this? I mean seriously? I'll bet you're all red in the face and huffing and puffing and throwing things. Envy isn't pretty. 7-1. And it isn't even climatictic anymore. It's like it's expected. Arguing his ability to be a winner and make his team better at this point is just keyboard masturbation. -EK
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #267 on: December 11, 2011, 07:25:39 pm »

How about that forced fumble in OT? Yep all about Tebow.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #268 on: December 11, 2011, 07:29:51 pm »

Do you guys just sit there cussing your TV at moments like this? I mean seriously? I'll bet you're all red in the face and huffing and puffing and throwing things. Envy isn't pretty. 7-1. And it isn't even climatictic anymore. It's like it's expected. Arguing his ability to be a winner and make his team better at this point is just keyboard masturbation. -EK

Actually I am just fine. The reason is that I have the intelligence and common sense to realize that the Broncos are winning as a team and it is more than just one guy who is making the difference.
I can look beyond the hype about character and religion to see a guy who is questionable at QB, and who is benefiting from a defense that allows the offense to win in the fourth quarter or overtime.
I also see a guy who is getting entirely too much credit for wins, when the credit goes to everyone, to include coaches for drawing up a game plan to play to their flawed QB's strengths.
Or you can just believe it is all because of devotion to Jesus.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #269 on: December 11, 2011, 07:34:21 pm »

Actually I am just fine. The reason is that I have the intelligence and common sense to realize that the Broncos are winning as a team and it is more than just one guy who is making the difference.
I can look beyond the hype about character and religion to see a guy who is questionable at QB, and who is benefiting from a defense that allows the offense to win in the fourth quarter or overtime.
I also see a guy who is getting entirely too much credit for wins, when the credit goes to everyone, to include coaches for drawing up a game plan to play to their flawed QB's strengths.
Or you can just believe it is all because of devotion to Jesus.

I have been more pro-Tebow than most around here. I have given Tebow a lot of credit for the Jets win, the SD win, and last weeks Minny win. He gets a lot of credit for those wins.

But today I can't give him any credit. None. Zip. Nadda. Nill. When it takes a brain fart by Marion Barber to even give him a chance. Then when the FG kicker makes a 59 and 51 yard field goals to win the game. Sorry, today wasn't about Tebow. In past weeks, YES. Today, NO!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray