Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:33:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137143 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2011, 07:37:08 pm »

It appears as if I spoke too soon.

But, my message remains the same (whether they win or lose), like I said.

You simply can't get very far playing well only in the last 7 minutes or so, with your D killing it.

57 yard FGs and 10 points allowed is the anomoly.  Over time, Tebow's play will not be enough.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2011, 07:39:52 pm »

Arguing his ability to be a winner and make his team better at this point is just keyboard masturbation. -EK

But he ISN'T making his team better. Not better than having an actual league-average quarterback, anyway. Better than Losman? Yeah, probably Wink

He had a horrendous game. He couldn't move the ball with his feet (49 yards on 12 attempts). He FUMBLED and was INTERCEPTED. The highlight, compared to his normal level of play, a completion rate of 52.5% -- a full 5 points above his season average!

ROFL!

He f*cked up the O all afternoon. The D saved his (and the team's) bacon and kept them in it. After having dug a huge *ss hole through three quarters, Tebow finally managed some average quarterback play in the 4th and Denver snuck away with the win.

Go Tebow!

(And, no, I don't hate Tebow. Far from. I think he's incredibly entertaining to watch -- although a large part of it is due to the shear hysteria surrounding him).
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:32 pm »

About me:

I don't know if you believe this, but I'm not at home hating on Tebow.  I just call them like I see them.  So far, I still think as I did, that the Broncos are winning in spite of his poor play.  One or two drives per game isn't a long-term strategy at the QB position.  Whether it's next game or next year, he can't expect the same results if he doesn't play considerably, considerably better.

Still, I love to watch the guy, win or lose, and I'm a Gator fan, so it's nice to see Gators do well.  I am not letting any of that cloud my judgment, though.

I've been wrong before and changed my tune.  I used to say that Brady was a product of the system, but came around to eventually call him one of the best ever.  And I will gladly eat crow on Tebow if it comes to that.  However, I think that W-L record in the short term is an irrelevant stat to my point.  It's interesting to watch, whatever happens...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:47:04 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #273 on: December 11, 2011, 08:15:31 pm »

It seems that when it comes to Tebow, his fans truly believe there is an "i" in team.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2011, 07:36:06 am »

I've been wrong before and changed my tune.  I used to say that Brady was a product of the system, but came around to eventually call him one of the best ever.

Ditto... (hurts to admit it, though)

But, in fairness, Brady wasn't a great quarterback early in his career. As much as I dislike quarterback rating, I think it gives a good overall indication of Brady's level of play and how it has evolved from "somewhat above average" in his early years to "great" in the past 5 years or so (from 2001 to 2001: 86.5, 85.7, 85.9, 92.6, 92.3, 87.9, 117.2, 83.9, 96.2, 111.0, 106.0).

Like with Tebow, team success was a huge part of what anointed him "great" very early on -- at a time when it was clearly NOT deserved. I have nothing against Tebow and as long as it doesn't hurt the Fins, I wouldn't mind him becoming great... but he's not even remotely close now. (He's decidedly worse that Brady was early on.)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2011, 10:26:38 am »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/kerry_byrne/11/29/tim.tebow/index.html

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #276 on: December 12, 2011, 11:38:25 am »

I think that Tim Tebow is not only not GREAT (which is obvious).  I don't even think he's good.  He's interesting.  He makes things happen.  But his heroics are often not even his own doing and they are too late to be consistent.

I drink your milkshake!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #277 on: December 12, 2011, 12:05:59 pm »

How can you argue they aren't consistent? He's won six in a row all by the same "formula." That's the model of consistency. -EK
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #278 on: December 12, 2011, 12:28:14 pm »

The argueing he isn't great is really a very very tired strawman argument.  I have very very rarely ever seen anyone claim Tebow is an elite or great QB (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers). 

What you have is his supporters stating he is a good or decent QB and his detractors claiming that he isn't great. 

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2011, 01:04:55 pm »

^^^ Actually, you have people not even referring to them as the Denver Broncos anymore here in Florida. The general statements are:

Who is Tebow playing today?
Tebow beat...
Tebow won again.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #280 on: December 12, 2011, 01:10:30 pm »

^^^ Actually, you have people not even referring to them as the Denver Broncos anymore here in Florida. The general statements are:

Who is Tebow playing today?
Tebow beat...
Tebow won again.

Not surprising in Florida. 

You have people in Ann Arbor Michigan who call the New England Patriots "Brady".  (Michigan has the largest following of NEP outside of the 6 NE states). 

But that doesn't mean that these people are willing to bet the house that Tebow is destine to have his bust in Canton.

He is an exciting player to watch.

fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #281 on: December 12, 2011, 04:08:41 pm »

The argueing he isn't great is really a very very tired strawman argument.

I disagree with both the premise and the statement.

First off, the supposed strawman argument isn't presented in vacuum, I have (as have others here) consistently held that Tebow is a BAD quarterback. There is no strawman argument being presented where the attempt is simply to argue that he isn't GREAT.

Secondly, I most certainly have heard from countless football fans, Broncos fans, and even reporters that Tebow is great -- or at least words sufficiently close to that effect. Examples from reporters these past few days include terrific, compelling, "one heck of a football player", "special", "miracle worker", and so on. The infatuation is unbelievable.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2011, 06:36:28 pm »

How can you argue they aren't consistent? He's won six in a row all by the same "formula." That's the model of consistency. -EK

The Broncos won 6 in a row. Often in spite of his play over the whole game. The defense came up with a big play to give Prater a chance to win the game again.
I would even say Prater has done as much, if not more to ensure this winning streak as Tebow. It is not like he has been making chip shot field goals to win the games or tie for OT.
Prater has been really clutch and truly consistent this season for the Broncos.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2011, 07:40:23 pm »

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! You're actually arguing that the KICKER has been more instrumental in their wins than Tebow?? OMG HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Everyone shut off your computers. The worst argument in the history of the internet has been made. We can all stop now. The kicker?  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

That is all. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2011, 08:45:59 pm »

Tebow is Mark Sanchez without the accuracy.  I have yet to hear any Tebow supporter explain why Sanchez, with his NFL record 4 road playoff wins, is not the-same-or-better compared to Tebow.

If "record is the only thing that counts," why haven't you all been singing the praises of the Sanchize for the last 3 years?

Have some consistency.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray