Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:07:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137216 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #330 on: December 19, 2011, 10:10:18 pm »

Week 17  KC at Denver..........Orton vs Tebow.

And KC and Orton might be able to spoil Tebow and the Broncos dream season depending on the outcome of this Saturday's games. That will be a crazy atmosphere if that game has meaning.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2011, 03:43:36 pm »

Eli Manning >> Matt More + Chad Henne + Tim Tebow combined.

Philip Rivers >>> Eli Manning

Philip Rivers + Shawne Merriman + Nate Kaeding >>>>>>>>>>>> Eli Manning

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #332 on: December 21, 2011, 09:14:16 pm »

Since we are talking about Tebow. Why does he get all the love over someone like Dalton who plays in a far tougher division, is winning, and is putting up nice stats as a rookie?
Hell even Newton has almost the same QB rating as Tebow.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #333 on: December 22, 2011, 08:35:26 am »

^^^ Because, as far as I'm concerned, he was a beloved college kid with legions of fans. He is different than the others.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #334 on: December 22, 2011, 08:53:11 am »

Because Dalton has two stud receivers in Green and Simpson (yes, Jerome is the real deal), and Newton has Smith, two former pro bowl TE's, and two former pro bowl RB's to dump the ball to. Denver's best receiver was traded to the Rams as soon as Tebow was announced as a starter. Massive difference in offensive talent. If Dalton was winning with less around him, or if Newton was winning at all, it would be more comparable. -EK
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #335 on: December 22, 2011, 04:44:10 pm »

This season Tebow has in int% of 0.9, lowest in the league and if he keeps it up will have him tie for 3rd place being one of 5 QB to ever have a season in which less than 1 out of 100 passes are intercepted.

Beyond the fact that he make things happen with his feet.  He doesn't cost his team games.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #336 on: December 22, 2011, 04:53:24 pm »

^ No argument there.  He protects the football.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #337 on: December 22, 2011, 06:40:22 pm »

^ No argument there.  He protects the football.

Except when he is holding it...
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #338 on: December 22, 2011, 06:48:16 pm »

Because Dalton has two stud receivers in Green and Simpson (yes, Jerome is the real deal)

Jerome Simpson has caught 40 balls this year for 600 yards. That is a stud???

Tell me you are kidding! Please!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #339 on: December 22, 2011, 11:49:07 pm »

Yes Mike. Give him another year to keep developing. He started all of two games last season, and is splitting receptions with Green. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #340 on: December 23, 2011, 05:26:51 am »

Yes Mike. Give him another year to keep developing. He started all of two games last season, and is splitting receptions with Green. -EK

You said he is a stud now because Cincy has 2 stud WR's. How do you split receptions? I don't understand that. Not trying to be a dick, just asking. Do they each get a half a catch or something?

He also was caught with a bunch of drugs and paraphernalia at his house and is facing a long suspension after the season going into next year if he isn't in Jail which is likely. I think his career is going to be a very short one on the football field.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #341 on: December 23, 2011, 08:14:23 am »

6'2" 200 pound receiver with an 11'4" broad jump, 41" vertical, and the seventh fastest 40 time in the combine his rookie year. That's a stud talent. The half a ball comment is just outlandish. Stop looking for things to argue about. There's only one football to throw, so obviously both Green and Simpson can't both make catches on the same play. But since you love to argue oh so much, go back to the original comment- whether or not you agree Simpson is a stud (and there's no point in debating it further; you say no, I say yes) he's better than any of Denver's receivers, and he's the number two guy in Cincy. THAT'S why Dalton doesn't get as much love. He has more talent to throw to. It doesn't matter in the slightest what happens in the offseason with Simpson's drug charges or lack thereof because it has no reflection on THIS year's play by Tebow and Dalton. Please try to stick to the debate at hand. Nothing in this thread was about whether Simpson was a stud or a bust or something in between. I said one thing, you said another. There was no reason to further debate it and derail yet another thread because you want to argue about nothing with me. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2011, 11:41:32 am »

Why does a "stud" still need time to "keep developing"?  Are you talking about his potential, or his actual performance?

Furthermore, Eddie Royal and Jerome Simpson came into the league the same year (2008).  Royal's career stats destroy Simpson's; however, this year Simpson's stats have jumped up and Royal's stats have plummeted.  But I'm sure that has nothing to do with DEN going from the #7 team in passing yards in 2010 to #31 in 2011, or with a certain unconventional QB averaging under 125 passing yards per game.

And lest you think of blaming this on the departure of perennial Pro Bowler Brandon Lloyd, when Brandon Marshall left in 2010, Kyle Orton took DEN from the 2009 #20 ranked team in pass offense to #7 in 2010.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #343 on: December 23, 2011, 02:08:40 pm »

Same year yes. Same amount of play? Not so much. Once again you're talking without a shred of evidence. Simpson played nothing but special teams his first year, then was buried behind TO and Ocho last year. He got 2 starts to finish the season and what did he do? 18 receptions, 247 yards and three TDs in those two games. The only year he and Royal have had equal playing time is this year and Simpson kills him. Keep talking though. Hey, ever figure out how you concluded Warner was cut by the Giants? Do you just make up "facts" to fit your argument, or are you wrong as often as it seems and you just don't respond when someone points it out. To recap, Simpson >> Royal. Warner not cut. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #344 on: December 23, 2011, 03:07:29 pm »

Simpson played nothing but special teams his first year, then was buried behind TO and Ocho last year. He got 2 starts to finish the season and what did he do? 18 receptions, 247 yards and three TDs in those two games. The only year he and Royal have had equal playing time is this year and Simpson kills him.
Yes, because Simpson has a QB that passes the ball, and Royal does not.  Look at Royal's best year (when he had a QB that focuses on, you know, passing the ball)... it destroys Simpson's best effort.

Hey, ever figure out how you concluded Warner was cut by the Giants?
Because he signed a 2-year contract and was a free agent 1 year later, which normally means you were cut.  But you're right, Warner did have a special option to void his contract, which he exercised.

Do you just make up "facts" to fit your argument, or are you wrong as often as it seems and you just don't respond when someone points it out.
I take it that this means you are finally going to explain why you had Tebow ranked above both Moore and Rivers, when his passer rating was below both of them?  I mean, since you would never, ever simply elect to remain silent rather than respond.

P.S. Tebow fell out of the list of qualified QBs again.  And you're wondering why Royal's stats aren't as good as Simpson's?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray