Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:38:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137215 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #345 on: December 23, 2011, 03:42:48 pm »

No actually I'm wondering why every single thread I post in you have some snarky disputatios comment. It's really old. If you have a personal issue with me please stop derailing every thread to show your ass. PM me and be done with it. This shit is immature and far below what I would expect from a moderator. Grow up or leave me alone. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #346 on: December 23, 2011, 05:47:12 pm »

Stop making ridiculous claims and I'll stop holding you accountable for them.

And in the future, if you aren't going to own up to your own mistakes, don't criticize others for not specifically acknowledging their own.  I have asked you three different times to reconcile your claims that a) you aren't rating Tebow over "30 other QBs" based on his record, while b) you did rate Tebow over two QBs with higher passer ratings this year (one of which has been to multiple Pro Bowls and won multiple playoff games).

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #347 on: December 23, 2011, 06:39:21 pm »

6'2" 200 pound receiver with an 11'4" broad jump, 41" vertical, and the seventh fastest 40 time in the combine his rookie year. That's a stud talent. The half a ball comment is just outlandish. Stop looking for things to argue about. There's only one football to throw, so obviously both Green and Simpson can't both make catches on the same play. But since you love to argue oh so much, go back to the original comment- whether or not you agree Simpson is a stud (and there's no point in debating it further; you say no, I say yes) he's better than any of Denver's receivers, and he's the number two guy in Cincy. THAT'S why Dalton doesn't get as much love. He has more talent to throw to. It doesn't matter in the slightest what happens in the offseason with Simpson's drug charges or lack thereof because it has no reflection on THIS year's play by Tebow and Dalton. Please try to stick to the debate at hand. Nothing in this thread was about whether Simpson was a stud or a bust or something in between. I said one thing, you said another. There was no reason to further debate it and derail yet another thread because you want to argue about nothing with me. -EK

Who is derailing anything. You mentioned Jerome Simpson was a stud and brought his name into this conversation, I am talking about Jerome Simpson and brought up his stats that proved otherwise.  Jesus, little sensitive.

Newsflash: Jerome Simpson is NOT  a stud WR! Not even close. Good little player, NOT a stud WR in the NFL!
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #348 on: December 23, 2011, 06:47:34 pm »

Demaryius Thomas:2011   
DEN
9   25   441   17.6   42   4   19   0   0

Jerome Simpson:011   
CIN
14   40   629   15.7   84   3   29   0   0

I would say that these two receivers are pretty similar this season even though Simpson has started five more games.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #349 on: December 24, 2011, 03:05:08 am »

Demaryius Thomas:2011   
DEN
9   25   441   17.6   42   4   19   0   0

Jerome Simpson:011   
CIN
14   40   629   15.7   84   3   29   0   0

I would say that these two receivers are pretty similar this season even though Simpson has started five more games.
Davone Bess has caught 2 more balls than Simpson and only 1 less TD and Bess doesn't even start.  Guess he is a total stud WR ...and he has done it with total no decent QB's
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #350 on: December 24, 2011, 01:46:06 pm »

I think Thomas looks good, and he is obviously Tebow's favorite target.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #351 on: December 24, 2011, 03:58:14 pm »

after today's embarrassing performance vs Buffalo with 4 INT's and now back to back loses....the bloom is off the Tebow rose!

The fairy-tale story is over
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 04:26:16 pm by MikeO » Logged
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #352 on: December 24, 2011, 06:49:53 pm »

Newsflash: Jerome Simpson is NOT  a stud WR! Not even close. Good little player, NOT a stud WR in the NFL!

While I don't believe that Jerome Simpson is necessarily a stud (though I honestly haven't gotten to watch the guy enough to say that he's not for sure, regardless of the stats), what happened today on his score was pretty spectacular.  I know athleticism alone does not make a player, even a skill position player like a WR, but WOW...that was pretty freaky!! 

In regards to Spider, I'd definitely say he has Eddie Royal beat in that department (athleticism).  I have gotten to watch Denver play a few more games than Cincy over the past 2-3 years, and I have to say that Eddie Royal is not really very impressive anymore himself.  You can say it's just because of Tebow, but again, he didn't really do much in 2009 or 2010 with Orton, either (and I think it was either last season or the middle of '09 when he was in McDaniels' doghouse, right?).  Maybe he was just great with Cutler, since his rookie season has been by FAR his best, but the guy has been pretty much average to mediocre since then with two different QB's, the first of whom led a mostly pass happy offense. 

I'd take either Simpson or Thomas (or Bess for that matter, for a comparable player who also came out in 2008...but wasn't drafted) over Royal at this point.

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #353 on: December 24, 2011, 08:13:39 pm »

Anyone who saw Simpson jump over a guy and do a mid-air flip to score a TD and land on his damn feet, and now wants to argue he's NOT a stud receiver is just foolish. That play had the guys on NFL network talking "greatest TD score EVER." -EK
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #354 on: December 24, 2011, 09:39:53 pm »

^^^  Dude, that move was a thing of beauty. ha  Cheesy
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #355 on: December 24, 2011, 10:03:44 pm »

Anyone who saw Simpson jump over a guy and do a mid-air flip to score a TD and land on his damn feet, and now wants to argue he's NOT a stud receiver is just foolish. That play had the guys on NFL network talking "greatest TD score EVER." -EK

A "gimmick"type  leap into the endzone doesn't make a guy a stud WR!

Guys in the USFL, CFL, Arena leagues have had amazing leaps and jump over players and into the endzone. That doesn't make them a "STUD WR".....not even close

Nice play, tip of the cap, but doesn't make him a stud WR in any way shape or form.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 10:06:04 pm by MikeO » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #356 on: December 24, 2011, 10:04:48 pm »

I'd take either Simpson or Thomas (or Bess for that matter, for a comparable player who also came out in 2008...but wasn't drafted) over Royal at this point.

Considering Simpson will probably be suspended all of next year and might be in jail, I wouldn't!  lol  Wink
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #357 on: December 25, 2011, 12:52:04 am »

It was a great move, but hardly the greatest TD ever.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #358 on: December 25, 2011, 04:24:07 pm »

it's insane to say that was hardly the greatest TD ever.  Give the guy some credit.  Arguably the greatest TD ever is more accurate.
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #359 on: December 25, 2011, 05:11:09 pm »

Considering Simpson will probably be suspended all of next year and might be in jail, I wouldn't!  lol  Wink

If that turns out to be the case/bears true, then good point.  And given Goodell's history and policies with a lot of these players, if what you said happened is what he's being tried for, then yes, I wouldn't be surprised if he misses a lot of games if he's fortunate enough not to end up in jail. 

That being said...the guy's been looking like a good player this season and at the end of last.

Well, I'll just say that it was the greatest football scoring play this set of eyes beheld this season, at any level of competition.  "greatest ever" is for the talking heads like those already mentioned on NFL Network to sit around and debate about (I don't have the knowledge base nor viewing depth to cover 92 years of professional football), but it was still damn impressive regardless of its place in history.

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray