Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:25:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137196 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #360 on: December 25, 2011, 10:35:28 pm »

That being said...the guy's been looking like a good player this season and at the end of last.

Nobody said Simpson wasn't a good player. But a "STUD" WR,... nope! That is the Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Greg Jennings level.  He ain't there.

Simpson is a good player, just not a "stud"
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #361 on: December 26, 2011, 08:11:23 am »

Repeating your position over and over does not make it more correct. You've voiced your opinion; some people disagree with you. The broken record approach isn't going to change anyone's mind. When the guys who do this for a living- because now I've heard it on NFL network AND ESPN- are talking about not only the greatness of this catch, but how the guy blew up against Baltimore last time they played and how the expect he will do it again, what do you think, maybe you're wrong?

Edit- using Andre Johnson beautifully proves my point. If you're goin to rest on stats alone, not athletic ability, you can't say he's a "stud" any more than Simpson this year (which is Simpson's first year starting; previous seasons are not apples to apples). Johnson seems to be hurt every year, without fail and his actual "stats" this year reflect that this season.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 08:41:14 am by EKnight » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #362 on: December 26, 2011, 09:29:43 am »

Repeating your position over and over does not make it more correct. You've voiced your opinion; some people disagree with you. The broken record approach isn't going to change anyone's mind. When the guys who do this for a living- because now I've heard it on NFL network AND ESPN- are talking about not only the greatness of this catch, but how the guy blew up against Baltimore last time they played and how the expect he will do it again, what do you think, maybe you're wrong?

Edit- using Andre Johnson beautifully proves my point. If you're goin to rest on stats alone, not athletic ability, you can't say he's a "stud" any more than Simpson this year (which is Simpson's first year starting; previous seasons are not apples to apples). Johnson seems to be hurt every year, without fail and his actual "stats" this year reflect that this season.

You have repeated your Tebow stance about 50 times in this thread, save the lectures. Pot meet Mr. Kettle!

If you think Andre Johnson is in the same category as Jerome Simpson then you don't understand NFL football. Johnson has put up hall of fame type numbers in his career, Simpson has caught 45 balls and 4 TD's this year. Give me a break!! By the way, Andre Johnson in only 6 games this year (and he left 2 of them early in the first half) has similar numbers to Simpson.

In 15 games, Simpson 45 receptions, 671 yards and 4 TD's
In 6 games (more like 4.5 games) , Andre Johnson 31 receptions, 371 yards and 2 TD's.

So in 9 more games Simpson has caught a whole 14 more balls and a whopping 300 more yards....lol And because Simpson had 1 good game vs Baltimore last time he might have 1 good game vs Baltimore this week. How does having 1 good game every now and then make a guy a STUD WR? That is the point, not the occasional good game, good play, amazing leap....a STUD WR every play, every snap, every game. Simpson isn't a "STUD".
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:32:42 am by MikeO » Logged
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #363 on: December 26, 2011, 09:43:13 am »

In 6 games (more like 4.5 games) , Andre Johnson 31 receptions, 371 yards and 2 TD's.

That is the point, not the occasional good game, good play, amazing leap....a STUD WR every play, every snap, every game. Simpson isn't a "STUD".

Contradict yourself much? THAT is why I brought up the comparison. A stud reciever better be able to play more than 6 games. Shocker, though, someone disagrees with Mike and he goes all condescending on them. News flash, Mike- if you really knew half as much about this shit as you think you do, you'd be working in the industry and not being a keyboard warrior here. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you're right and they're wrong. You've had a hard on for arguing with me about everything under the sun ALL YEAR, so I'm sure you'll have some snide, childish remark here too, but really, at the end of the day, is it THAT important for you to be right? I mean does your life honestly revolve around this website and "proving someone wrong"? -EK
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:47:31 am by EKnight » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #364 on: December 26, 2011, 09:48:41 am »

Contradict yourself much? THAT is why I brought up the comparison. A stud reciever better be able to play more than 6 games. -EK

So nobody is ever allowed to get hurt in the NFL?  Roll Eyes

By your logic Dan Marino wasn't a STUD QB because he tore his Achilles and missed most of the 1993 season. lol. This is silly on every level what you are saying.

In this thread alone you are wrong about Tebow, Sanchez, and Simpson. Congrats you got the hat trick. Hey when Sanchez fumbled on the 1 yard line Saturday  and threw 2 INT's that lost his team the game, was that further proof he is having the best year of his life? Just askin
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #365 on: December 26, 2011, 10:05:40 am »

Really? Not enough to be a six year old in the thread, but now you're sending me vulgar PM's? Done here. Grow up and get a life. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #366 on: December 26, 2011, 10:09:15 am »

Really? Not enough to be a six year old in the thread, but now you're sending me vulgar PM's? Done here. Grow up and get a life. -EK

Instead of derailing the thread I took our conversation to PM, and I would hardly call it "vulger".

Happy Holiday's EK! Best of luck to ya bud.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #367 on: December 26, 2011, 07:26:02 pm »

it's insane to say that was hardly the greatest TD ever.  Give the guy some credit.  Arguably the greatest TD ever is more accurate.

I gave him credit, I said it was a great move. But in the history of the game, I would not call it the greatest TD ever. Not even arguably.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #368 on: December 26, 2011, 08:33:52 pm »

The Immaculate Reception is a far more impressive and significant TD.

Calm down.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #369 on: December 26, 2011, 08:44:16 pm »

The Immaculate Reception is a far more impressive and significant TD.

Calm down.

Totally agree with Spider on that... Also throw in the Sea of Hands and  the Antonio Freeman Monday Night Football TD reception in overtime vs the Vikings about a 10+ years or so back
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #370 on: December 26, 2011, 08:47:52 pm »

While this play was certainly very cool, it was not entirely skill-based.  The player leaped into the air and was hit on his ankles in a way that made him spin perfectly.  Much of it was out of his control.  ...a cool oddity. 

I think that Reggie's hurdle over the defender is actually more impressive on a football level, because it made for a better result and it was purely because of Reggie's talent that the play occurred as it did.

I drink your milkshake!
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #371 on: December 27, 2011, 11:03:20 am »

Hey Guys!

So, I've been looking at the on-screen TV Guide that Xfinity has and searched for "Tebow Time". It didn't return any results. I tried tuning in anyways at the the time that I thought"Tebow Time" would be on...but again, no luck.

Did they cancel this program? I tried looking last week at 4:15 PM during the Patriots / Broncos game and then at 1PM a few days ago during the Broncos / Bills game.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #372 on: December 27, 2011, 05:04:55 pm »

Did anyone happen to catch the Bill Maher tweet after the Broncos got killed by Buffalo?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #373 on: December 27, 2011, 05:16:47 pm »

Hey Guys!

So, I've been looking at the on-screen TV Guide that Xfinity has and searched for "Tebow Time". It didn't return any results. I tried tuning in anyways at the the time that I thought"Tebow Time" would be on...but again, no luck.

Did they cancel this program? I tried looking last week at 4:15 PM during the Patriots / Broncos game and then at 1PM a few days ago during the Broncos / Bills game.

ha ha, very funny
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #374 on: December 29, 2011, 06:41:12 pm »

If Orton goes into Denver this week and beats the Broncos, knocks them out of the playoffs, and Tebow plays bad, those fans of his in Denver will turn on Timmy very quick.

The Tim Tebow era might crash and burn this Sunday.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray