Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:14:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137212 times)
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #390 on: January 01, 2012, 07:19:51 pm »

They won't fail to make the playoffs though. Whether they win or lose today, Oakland is getting whooped, thus your "point" is moot. At the end of the year, it was Tebow who got them where Orton couldn't- whether they backed in, bribed their way in, or whatever. End of story. -EK

Just when I thought some progress had been made, you regress again. The Broncos won and lost together. Tebow happened to QB them during a streak where the defense played better and they played against teams who were not playing well for any reason.
Now the Broncos have lost three in a row going into the playoffs, and they suck against good teams this year. Teams are seeing what needs to be done to neutralize "Tebow Time".
So once again the Broncos won and lost together.
Unfortunately all the kool aid drinkers think it is only because of Tebow that they won. I guess that means all 4 losses are his fault too? He has the same amount of losses this season as Orton does.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #391 on: January 01, 2012, 07:24:30 pm »

It's official: Tebow sucks. I was higher on him than most around here, not anymore. He is beyond terrible. He had a few good weeks but his true colors have come out the last 3 weeks. Today vs KC with the playoffs on the line, he had 60 passing yards with one INT, one fumble and was 6 for 22 passing vs one of the worst teams in the league. Coming off last weeks 3 INT, 1 fumble game vs another god awful team in Buffalo and the Tebow balloon has popped! He stinks!

Tebow had a couple nice moments in this league but Denver will never win big with him at QB. They might be a double digit home underdog next week in the playoffs. That is unheard of in the NFL.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #392 on: January 01, 2012, 07:26:25 pm »

Sure he does, but he has 7 more wins than Orton does. Are all of the losses his fault? I can say without reservation that at least 3 of them are. He looked awful the past 3 weeks. Does that change the fact that Denver as a team felt like he was going to get them further than Orton, and actually benched Orton then cut him because they believed it so much? Nope. Doesn't change that at all. Frankly, I don't care if Tebow is the worst QB in the history of football or a Hall of Fame QB who wins 36 consecutive Super Bowls. I'm a Miami fan. I just don't understand- and never will- why people hate the guy. It reeks of shallow, bitterness and looks childish. He goes out and plays hard. If he sucks or succeeds, if he wins or loses, why does that give you, Spider, or anyone else the right to attack him, and then me? It's laughable that any of you take your opinion so seriously that you think it matters beyond this board. I've said it before- if you knew jack shit about the game in any real-life sense, you'd be employed by the NFL, CFL, or the damn Little league of America. You're not, so stop acting like your word is indisputable and you have to correct anyone who doesn't agree with you. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #393 on: January 01, 2012, 09:46:48 pm »

EK, I would love to see you make such an impassioned plea for Colt McCoy, or Shaun Hill, or any number of mediocre journeyman QBs for other teams.  Your tireless defense of Tebow is inspiring.

And if I may respond in advance: if someone had made pages and pages of posts defending, say, Alex Smith, I would have been just as inclined to "attack" that argument, too.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #394 on: January 01, 2012, 10:19:44 pm »

Sure he does, but he has 7 more wins than Orton does. Are all of the losses his fault? I can say without reservation that at least 3 of them are. He looked awful the past 3 weeks. Does that change the fact that Denver as a team felt like he was going to get them further than Orton, and actually benched Orton then cut him because they believed it so much? Nope. Doesn't change that at all. Frankly, I don't care if Tebow is the worst QB in the history of football or a Hall of Fame QB who wins 36 consecutive Super Bowls. I'm a Miami fan. I just don't understand- and never will- why people hate the guy. It reeks of shallow, bitterness and looks childish. He goes out and plays hard. If he sucks or succeeds, if he wins or loses, why does that give you, Spider, or anyone else the right to attack him, and then me? It's laughable that any of you take your opinion so seriously that you think it matters beyond this board. I've said it before- if you knew jack shit about the game in any real-life sense, you'd be employed by the NFL, CFL, or the damn Little league of America. You're not, so stop acting like your word is indisputable and you have to correct anyone who doesn't agree with you. -EK

And I do not understand why anyone who disagrees that Tebow is as great as the hype that is being put out there is automatically assumed to be "shallow" or a "hater".
I have said since the beginning that the whole team started playing better and showed with statistics that the defense played better at the same time this run began, therefore they were winning or losing as a team.
I have never broached the whole religious aspect like others have, but I do think he is a mostly one trick pony at this point who needs more development to justify the amazing level or hype surrounding his career so far that has generated over-the-top comparisons and comments such as " a one-in-a-million talent".
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #395 on: January 02, 2012, 06:59:06 am »

For whatever reason, you have zeroed in on the statement "one in a million." Chew on this for a bit- instead of jumping to conclusions about what I was aaying or what you THOUGHT I meant, why didn't you ask for some clarification on that? EVERY guy in the NFL who makes it to actually start as a QB is a one in a million talent. That was my point. Not that Tebow was one out of a million QB's. If that's what I meant, I would have said it. Just to make it to the NFL, let alone play QB, you have to be the best  of the best of the best. We just passed 7 BILLION people on this planet. Yes, Tebow is a one in a million talent to get where he is; he's actually better than one in a million, but I don't really feel like doing the math. Does that make any more sense to you now? Can we move on? -EK
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #396 on: January 02, 2012, 07:08:47 am »

EK, I would love to see you make such an impassioned plea for Colt McCoy, or Shaun Hill, or any number of mediocre journeyman QBs for other teams.  Your tireless defense of Tebow is inspiring.

And if I may respond in advance: if someone had made pages and pages of posts defending, say, Alex Smith, I would have been just as inclined to "attack" that argument, too.

Did I not take the same stance on Sanchez? And I HATE the Jets as a whole. What I hate more is people who can only attack, only be negative, only see the worst in everything. Spider, you got into an argument and attacked someone personally about their religious beliefs in another thread. WTF is so screwed up in your life that you believe it is OK to do that? Likewise, when you see a story about a Tebow (or an ALex Smith, or anyone else), why is your first and immediate reaction to tear them down? Can't you just be happy for someone's success and move on with your life? -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #397 on: January 02, 2012, 03:28:41 pm »

Did I not take the same stance on Sanchez?
Notably, you were bashing Sanchez at the time this thread was started.  But then when it was pointed out to you that it was contradictory for you to bash Sanchez at the same time you were praising Tebow, miraculously you discarded the 2+ years of tape you had seen on Sanchez and decided that He, Too, Is Now Good.

A swift change of your stated position on another player when it conflicted with your pro-Tebow stance is hardly a good example to pick.

Spider, you got into an argument and attacked someone personally about their religious beliefs in another thread. WTF is so screwed up in your life that you believe it is OK to do that?
Try to stay on topic, champ.  If you want to talk about religious beliefs, try going to that thread and posting in it.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #398 on: January 02, 2012, 03:31:45 pm »

Stay on topic? The way you continued this argument in the Jets-Dolphins thread? Let's add hypocrite to your list of faults. Get this straight about Sanchez: I said he is NOT playing the worst season of his career. By the stats, it's his best season. Nothing more was said. The best season of a bad quarterback still makes him a bad quarterback. Which is exactly what I said. Your sad attemots to put words in my mouth are not winning you any debates. Your desire to be "right" at my expense has led you to continuously change the argument to suit your point of view, or blantantly make up things that I never said. -EK
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:33:44 pm by EKnight » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #399 on: January 02, 2012, 07:39:10 pm »

Stay on topic? The way you continued this argument in the Jets-Dolphins thread?
In a thread discussing Mark Sanchez, your newfound motivation for defending him is on topic.

Get this straight about Sanchez: I said he is NOT playing the worst season of his career.
I can see why you would have trouble keeping track of what you said.  Let me help you out:

"[Sanchez] has been on some teams that have done those things, but acting like he won the damn games for them is like saying Brad Johnson "won" the Super Bowl for the Bucs in Super Bowl XXXVII. He- and Sanchez- are merely along for the ride." - 10/6/11

"This is why I would- after ALL the crap that's been slung about him- still have Henne over Sanchez." - 11/15/11

"I'm man enough to admit I was wrong about Sanchez." - 12/13/11

So after two years of tape on him, you conveniently decide that you "were wrong about Sanchez" in the middle of a Tebow discussion.  Yet at the time you made your last Sanchez-bashing comment here (11/15), he was already on pace to set a career high for completions, completion %, yardage, and TDs (as well as a lower INT % than what he actually ended up with).  But somehow, this "he's having his best year ever!" angle did not seem to occur to you until you had to figure out a reason to rationalize your change of heart.

I eagerly await your explanation of why, when Sanchez was already on a career-record pace on 11/15, you thought he "sucked" then, but somehow mysteriously changed your mind about him 4 games later when such a position became inconvenient in your efforts to defend Tim Tebow.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:44:12 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #400 on: January 02, 2012, 08:15:38 pm »

Oh, and while we are on the subject of things that you said:

Get this straight about Sanchez: I said he is NOT playing the worst season of his career. By the stats, it's his best season. Nothing more was said. The best season of a bad quarterback still makes him a bad quarterback. Which is exactly what I said.

[regarding Sanchez vs. Tebow]
Seriously are you blind or just dense? I actually posted that they are basically the same player like six posts ago?
So then, Sanchez and Tebow are "basically the same player," and Sanchez is "a bad quarterback."  I wonder what this says about Tim Tebow?

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #401 on: January 02, 2012, 08:23:10 pm »

but Tebow just knows how to win... or something...
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #402 on: January 03, 2012, 08:55:48 am »

^ Tebow is 0-3 this season against playoff teams, and 0-3 in the last 3 weeks (from 8-5 and a sure-fire lock for the post-season to 8-8 and eeking in on a 3rd tie-braker).

I'm so happy that the Broncos are now losing - because the only argument any Tebow supporter had to defend his miserable quarterbacking was "Well...he's a winner". No, he's not a winner. He sucks - and when it mattered most at the end of the season, he choked it off big time.

It's a travashamockery that Tebow and the Broncos are in the playoffs. They are terrible, the AFC West is atrocious. Pittsburgh is going to massacre Tebow. You thought 6/22 with a fumble and 60 yards passing was bad? This might be the worst QB'ed game in league history.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #403 on: January 03, 2012, 05:38:54 pm »

^ Tebow is 0-3 this season against playoff teams, and 0-3 in the last 3 weeks (from 8-5 and a sure-fire lock for the post-season to 8-8 and eeking in on a 3rd tie-braker).

I'm so happy that the Broncos are now losing - because the only argument any Tebow supporter had to defend his miserable quarterbacking was "Well...he's a winner". No, he's not a winner. He sucks - and when it mattered most at the end of the season, he choked it off big time.

It's a travashamockery that Tebow and the Broncos are in the playoffs. They are terrible, the AFC West is atrocious. Pittsburgh is going to massacre Tebow. You thought 6/22 with a fumble and 60 yards passing was bad? This might be the worst QB'ed game in league history.

but he is a one in a million talent and a Top 10 NFL QB this year when you count the injuries....LOL LOL
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #404 on: January 06, 2012, 07:19:42 pm »

Brady Quinn getting HALF (yes HALF) the 1st team snaps this week in practice.  Before a playoff game! WOW! Unheard of!! Looks like the coaches have little faith in Tebow at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray