Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:04:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 138904 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #435 on: January 08, 2012, 08:38:49 pm »

Mike "reporting" things that are true, and yes, Spider, over the past three games, Tebow has been beyond horrible. I already answered this when BSmooth asked me, but I will repeat it- I gave him massive credit for all the wins, and full blame for all three losses.
That's not answering the question.

You said that Sanchez, despite his best season (<--- this word is important) ever, is still a bad quarterback.
You also said that Sanchez and Tebow are basically the same player.
The logical conclusion is that you are saying that Tebow is a bad quarterback.

Why are you trying to couch your statement in terms of "Tebow had some bad games"?  Is Tebow a bad quarterback, or not?  This is a straightforward question.

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #436 on: January 08, 2012, 08:59:41 pm »

Don't really see this as a positive, the Fucking pats are going to win next week easily. Well i guess Baltimore will knock them out the week after. Something to look forward to i guess.

Positive in my book, I can't stand Pittsburgh. And yes, I'm sure the fucking Pats are gonna win easily. Don't care either way. The Steelers and their VAUNTED D are out.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:33:18 pm by Thundergod » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #437 on: January 08, 2012, 10:03:10 pm »

No TOs, 2 TD passes, and 1 TD rush in a playoff game.  Sounds elite to me.  Hopefully he can beat the Patriots next week.  I'll be rooting for the Broncos to win.     

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #438 on: January 08, 2012, 10:21:32 pm »

Tebow threw for 3:16 yards   ha ha ha
You can't write this stuff. I hope they find a way to win next week just to see everyone implode. Even at halftime today everyone still thought the Steelers would win.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #439 on: January 09, 2012, 06:52:17 am »

I also said that like a month and a half ago. Things change. Despite your views on the subject, I am actually allowed to change my views based on what I see on the field. Either way, it doesn't matter. Responding in the way you did, after the game Tebow just had shows that you have nothing else you can say about the guy and you're desperately trying to say something- anything- to save face. Spider, it's over. Let it go. He made you and everyone who said anything negative about him look ridiculous last night. Take your wounded and go. You lost. I'm done engaging you. Ask as many "straight-forward questions" as you want. Your primary point of view in this thread was Tebow sucks. Mine was that he doesn't. I could give two shits about anything else you have to say after watching last night's game. I've never seen someone proven so wrong. Thanks for playing though. -EK
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:08:29 am by EKnight » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #440 on: January 09, 2012, 09:20:47 am »

Thomas averaged over 50yds a catch, insane. Was anyone covering him??

No.  That is what a lot of people miss about Tebow's strength. 

Because of the risk that he posseses as a runningback defenses can't do all three:

1) cover the WR effectively
2) defend the run
3) rush the passer

Defenses can do two of the three but not all three.

Big test for Tebow will be next year not next week.

During the off-season the 13 teams that will play Denver next year are going to carefully study what he did this year, and how teams have successfully defended the option in college and the past.  Not something they had time to do in a week of prep for game day.  Then they will practice those plays during training camp and preseason.  If Tebow can be successful with it under those situations -- then Denver has a very good QB.  It was the same open question with the wildcat and Miami after 2008.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2012, 09:50:07 am »

An amusing article from the LA Times ....
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2012/01/tim-tebow-delivers-john-316-message-without-saying-a-word.html

Tim Tebow delivers John 3:16 message without saying a word
January 9, 2012 |  6:30 am    0

Has Tim Tebow made a believer out of you yet? Relax, I'm talking as a football player.

Much fun has been made about Tim Tebow's devotion to Christianity. Some people complain that the Denver Broncos quarterback mentions God and Jesus too much. But even when he remains silent on the issue, Tebow gets his message across. Just take a look at a couple of items from Sunday's 29-23 overtime victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

1. He passed for 316 yards against the Steelers.

Which brings to mind perhaps the most famous Bible verse of all, John 3:16. Who needs a rainbow-haired guy holding up a John 3:16 sign when you have Tebow?

2. Tebow set an NFL playoff record with 31.6 yards per completion.

31.6? John 3:16? Stop, it's getting spooky now.

3. His favorite receiver Sunday was Demaryius Thomas.

Thomas had 204 receiving yards and was responsible for the game-winning touchdown in overtime. And when was Thomas born? Christmas Day, 1987. Hmmm, what notable religious figure was born on Christmas Day? (The answer is not Santa Claus).

So, you may be able to silence Tim Tebow, but you can't contain him. Somehow, some way, he will get his message across.

It's Tim Tebow's world, and we are just living in it.
[/b]

Tebow and the Broncos win in unexplainable ways. They win just enough to get into the playoffs. No more. No less. The 3:16 message is being talked about as much as ever without him even speaking it and his favorite reciever was born on Christmas Day. The day chosen to honor the birth of the 3:16 savior.

I know everyone is writing them off, and for seemingly logical reasons, but at some point even the most critical person has to say ... I have no prediction when it comes to Tebow.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:58:14 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #442 on: January 09, 2012, 09:58:36 am »

Tebow didn't like the new OT rules, so he said 'Let there be pass" and there was a pass. Then he said "Let there be running" and there was running. Then he said "Let there be score!" AND THEY SCORED!

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #443 on: January 09, 2012, 10:40:33 am »

Haters check list is getting shorter.

Will never win a bowl game.
Will never win the Heisman.
Will never be drafted.
Will never start.
Can't throw a long pass.
Will never win a game.
Will never win a play off game.

I hope they are right about him not winnng a road playoff game. 

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2012, 10:44:35 am »

^^^

Not me. Wink

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #445 on: January 09, 2012, 10:52:44 am »

Haters check list is getting shorter.

Will never win a bowl game.
Will never win the Heisman.
Will never be drafted.
Will never start.
Can't throw a long pass.
Will never win a game.
Will never win a play off game.

I hope they are right about him not winnng a road playoff game. 

It doesn't matter. At whatever point he fails will be the spot people say "I told you so." about him. If he were to win a Super Bowl they would want better stats and more Super Bowls. It will never end beacause of what he represents.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #446 on: January 09, 2012, 10:55:30 am »

3. His favorite receiver Sunday was Demaryius Thomas.

Thomas had 204 receiving yards and was responsible for the game-winning touchdown in overtime. And when was Thomas born? Christmas Day, 1987. Hmmm, what notable religious figure was born on Christmas Day? (The answer is not Santa Claus).

Baldwin of Boulogne

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #447 on: January 09, 2012, 11:48:57 am »

I also said that like a month and a half ago. Things change. Despite your views on the subject, I am actually allowed to change my views based on what I see on the field.
So despite Sanchez having his best season (after already having won FOUR road playoff games!), now that Tebow has won one home playoff game in overtime, he has suddenly distanced himself from Sanchez?

Spider, it's over. Let it go. He made you and everyone who said anything negative about him look ridiculous last night. Take your wounded and go. You lost. I'm done engaging you. Ask as many "straight-forward questions" as you want. Your primary point of view in this thread was Tebow sucks. Mine was that he doesn't. I could give two shits about anything else you have to say after watching last night's game. I've never seen someone proven so wrong.
It seems that your evaluation of Tebow hinges entirely on "what did he do in the last game?"  I mean, first you say he's top two ten, then he's "basically the same" as a bad quarterback after a three-game losing streak, and now after one win, you have "never seen someone proven so wrong"?

Try having some consistency, for a change.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #448 on: January 09, 2012, 11:50:48 am »

It doesn't matter. At whatever point he fails will be the spot people say "I told you so." about him. If he were to win a Super Bowl they would want better stats and more Super Bowls. It will never end beacause of what he represents.
And likewise, no matter how he fails, Tebow will be propped up until the bitter end, for exactly the same reason: because of what he represents.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #449 on: January 09, 2012, 12:03:02 pm »

Sad but true. But for today anyway, there's a boatload of people eating crow. Let's revist, shall we?

Tim Tebow sucks.

Big time.

He will NEVER be a viable NFL QB.

Except when he torches the best pass defense in the league, extends plays to the tune of 50 rushing yards additionally, and wins not because of Denver's running game (McGahee's fumble and only 61 yards) or the defense (yes 5 sacks, but gave up 17 points and the lead in the second half).
Hot steaming garbage...with the faint aroma of broccoli and third world foreskins.

Sniff, sniff...smells like winning to me.

Unfortunately, he can't throw a football, the one main job of a quarterback.  You just can't overcome a lack of talent in that one specific area.

He dropped the TD pass to Royal in a window the size of a bread basket. There's a lot of NFL QB's that would struggle making that throw with the coverage as tight as it was.

He won't get wins.  You'll see.  He will be garbage and something that I will "I told you so" forever.

He played like crap against our pathetic team.  ...that's how pathetic he is.

Forever? Or just until now?

Luck is temporary.  Good is consistent.  

You may win 1 game on luck in the NFL.  Maybe 2 games.  But you have to have skill to win consistently.

The thing I don't understand is why so many people keep talking about this guy.  

8-4 this year. Is he consistent yet?

Turn that around... If (or when) Tebow still looks like a horrifically untalented passer at the end of the season and Denver has a record of 4-12 or 5-11 (I just checked the schedule...Denver doesn't play Miami again), will all the people who have ignored his lack of QB talent in order to focus on his "leadership-morals-swell guy-college hero" come up here and admit they were wrong?

Not 4-12; not 5-11. Will you "come up here and admit you were wrong" now?

Nothing is wrong with it and he wins games. Can't deny that. But Week 1 next year no way Tebow is starting in Denver. Not a chance. It's a gimmick offense (like year 1 of the Wildcat in Miami)......come year 2 teams will be able to stop it.

There's NO chance someone other than Tebow starts for them in week one next year.

His stats show no promise as a QB. They show an ability to run the ball well.

His stats looked just fine to me.

The Broncos need every possible divine intervention that you can think of in order to win with Tebow as their QB:

- Moses splitting the red-sea
- Jesus performing miracles, turning water into wine
- Virgin births
- Re-incarnations
- David Tyree / Franco Harris-like catches
- Tom Brady "Tuck Rule"-like breaks
- Extra downs (like in that Michigan game some years back)
- Officials botching coin-flips (like Lions / Steelers on Thanksgiving)

...and all of this might still not be enough to win.

Oddly, they seemed to have quite a few interventions against them yesterday. The bad call on the backward pass and the missed facemask on Tebow immediately come to mind.

Brady Quinn getting HALF (yes HALF) the 1st team snaps this week in practice.  Before a playoff game! WOW! Unheard of!! Looks like the coaches have little faith in Tebow at this point.

I missed Quinn taking snaps in the game. Must have been making food or something....wait- he didn't play? I thought he was taking all those practice reps?

That Steelers defense is gonna eat him alive.

He...nah, this one is too easy...next....

Tebow still sucks. Please stop with the "all he does is win" bullshit, because he is now 6-3 as a starter (not 4-1) and 6-3 as a starter is nothing to write home about. Stop saying "he's a winner" because he hasn't done shit yet in this league. Stop saying he has "values" and he's a "team leader" and he's a "team player", because the NFL has a lot of those guys. Stop it.

Start using your brains, people. Tebow still sucks. He's never going to win a Super Bowl, his team will never be that great, and he will never ever ever be a good NFL QB. He's a back-up QB on a shitty team playing against other shitty teams. So far this season, the Dolphins, the Chiefs, and the Jets all are mediocre or worse. The one good team, the Lions, completely killed him. You can't win a Super Bowl or a playoff game if you can only beat the shitty teams like the Dolphins.

Tim Tebow is still garbage, and just like the Wildcat fad of the 2008 season and the Michael Vick love fest of 2010, once teams start to game-plan for it, it's over.

Get it through your thick christian heads.

My head must be thicker than most. I swear he won a playoff game yesterday. I was SURE he beat a team that went to the Super Bowl last year, but they must have been "shitty" too, as you said. I'm glad all of you guys were here to straighten me out on this. Never ever ever be a good NFL QB is pretty harsh, but clearly, I've been wrong all year.

Absolutely don't care AT ALL if he goes 0-20, throws 10 INTs and fumbles 17 times against the Pats. Win or lose next week, he has proven that he deserves to be the starter this year and going forward.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray