Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:20:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 137207 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #450 on: January 09, 2012, 12:09:23 pm »

If Tebow has a good game, it proves that all the haters were wrong and should shut up forever while they eat their crow.

HOWEVER

If Tebow has a bad game, it's meaningless and doesn't prove anything at all because we've already seen enough.

Got it.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #451 on: January 09, 2012, 12:15:42 pm »

Baldwin of Boulogne
Oh, I thought it was Saint Nicholas. Smiley

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #452 on: January 09, 2012, 02:07:24 pm »

I have to eat some crow.  He's definitely progressed more than I expected.

However, I still don't think he's a good passer.  He's able to extend plays.  I stand by the idea that I don't think his play style is indicitive of long term success.  His success this year is very circumstantial.  An 8-8 team having a home playoff game, after several remarkable last second comebacks and crazy plays.

Honestly, I'm not surprised Denver beat Pitt.  Denver has a good defense, and that can keep you in games.  Tebow played well, too...his best game yet, making the most of his opportunities.  In other years, though (even the way they're playing), they're a sub .500 team.  Depending on 30+ yards per completion and 10 completions a game (in your best game) is just not a viable long-term strategy.  These aren't excuses.  It's just reality.  How the Broncos play from game to game is irrelevant.  Over the long-term, this kind of stuff fades and you'll have to depend on a QB to make consistantly good throws.  I don't believe that Tebow has that skill.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #453 on: January 09, 2012, 03:34:00 pm »

Best line I have seen.....

Tim Tebow Is The Most Famous White Bronco Since OJ's Truck!

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #454 on: January 09, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

If Tebow has a good game, it proves that all the haters were wrong and should shut up forever while they eat their crow.

HOWEVER

If Tebow has a bad game, it's meaningless and doesn't prove anything at all because we've already seen enough.

Got it.

Exactly, that's what the Tebow Jock Sniffers cling too. That type of logic.

At 8am yesterday Tebow was "beyond horrible" as someone stated and the reason for 3 straight losses.....he completes 10 passes and his team wins and now that same person is on the he is great again bandwagon...LOL

Next week when he completes 5 passes and the Broncos lose he will be distancing himself from these statements. It changes like the wind
You can't make this stuf fup!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #455 on: January 09, 2012, 06:02:20 pm »

I have to eat some crow.  He's definitely progressed more than I expected.

However, I still don't think he's a good passer.  He's able to extend plays.  I stand by the idea that I don't think his play style is indicitive of long term success.  His success this year is very circumstantial.  An 8-8 team having a home playoff game, after several remarkable last second comebacks and crazy plays.

Honestly, I'm not surprised Denver beat Pitt.  Denver has a good defense, and that can keep you in games.  Tebow played well, too...his best game yet, making the most of his opportunities.  In other years, though (even the way they're playing), they're a sub .500 team.  Depending on 30+ yards per completion and 10 completions a game (in your best game) is just not a viable long-term strategy.  These aren't excuses.  It's just reality.  How the Broncos play from game to game is irrelevant.  Over the long-term, this kind of stuff fades and you'll have to depend on a QB to make consistantly good throws.  I don't believe that Tebow has that skill.

It wasn't his best game (look at the Minny game for that) but it wasn't his worst either. I mean 10-21 is not a good game. And Thomas bailed him out on some of those passes.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #456 on: January 09, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »

An amusing article from the LA Times ....
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2012/01/tim-tebow-delivers-john-316-message-without-saying-a-word.html

Tim Tebow delivers John 3:16 message without saying a word
January 9, 2012 |  6:30 am    0

Has Tim Tebow made a believer out of you yet? Relax, I'm talking as a football player.

Much fun has been made about Tim Tebow's devotion to Christianity. Some people complain that the Denver Broncos quarterback mentions God and Jesus too much. But even when he remains silent on the issue, Tebow gets his message across. Just take a look at a couple of items from Sunday's 29-23 overtime victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

1. He passed for 316 yards against the Steelers.

Which brings to mind perhaps the most famous Bible verse of all, John 3:16. Who needs a rainbow-haired guy holding up a John 3:16 sign when you have Tebow?

2. Tebow set an NFL playoff record with 31.6 yards per completion.

31.6? John 3:16? Stop, it's getting spooky now.

3. His favorite receiver Sunday was Demaryius Thomas.

Thomas had 204 receiving yards and was responsible for the game-winning touchdown in overtime. And when was Thomas born? Christmas Day, 1987. Hmmm, what notable religious figure was born on Christmas Day? (The answer is not Santa Claus).

So, you may be able to silence Tim Tebow, but you can't contain him. Somehow, some way, he will get his message across.

It's Tim Tebow's world, and we are just living in it.
[/b]

Tebow and the Broncos win in unexplainable ways. They win just enough to get into the playoffs. No more. No less. The 3:16 message is being talked about as much as ever without him even speaking it and his favorite reciever was born on Christmas Day. The day chosen to honor the birth of the 3:16 savior.

I know everyone is writing them off, and for seemingly logical reasons, but at some point even the most critical person has to say ... I have no prediction when it comes to Tebow.

Here is some more I got off of another forum (have not verfied accuracy)

Broncos head coach name: John (Fox)
Broncos Executive Vice President of Operations name: John (Elway)
Steelers time of possession: 31:06
Tebow passing yards: 316
Tebow YPC: 3.16
Tebow threw 10 completions in the game. 10 books after the book of John (in the Bible) is the book of Tim.
Tebow had 21 pass attempts in the game. 21 chapters in the book John.
Demaryius Thomas's birthday is December 25th.
Ben threw for an INT on 3 and 16

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #457 on: January 09, 2012, 06:59:18 pm »

This one I found myself.....

Opposing teams completed 333 passes against Denver this year (regular season)

So combined the opposing QBs threw and the WR caught passes 666 times.   Evil

Edit: another

Tim Tebow rushed for 660 yards and 6 TDs.  660 + 6 = 666
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:29:36 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #458 on: January 09, 2012, 07:21:29 pm »

So Tebow is suddenly great for having a ridiculous day, but Thomas who racked up 204 of Tebow's 316 yards on a mere four catches is not the hero? That means without Thomas Tebow had six completions for a whopping 112 yds and no TD's passing.
Also that defense you talk bad about EK had 5 more sacks than the Steelers and they came up with 2 sacks and a FF on the last drive of the game to keep the Steelers out of FG range. That sounds fairly clutch to me.
So it sounds as if the Broncos won as a team again, and not just because of one guy.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #459 on: January 09, 2012, 07:29:49 pm »

Sure BSMooth.... every major sports media outlet that is saying he had the game of his life, absolutely crushed the number one ranked passing defense in the league, and did what almost no one said he could, they're all wrong and you're right. Chew on this for a bit- the defense gave up 17 points in the second half and couldn't stop the Steelers for most of that time, resulting in Pittsburgh tying the game. And yes, Thomas had a ridiculous game. But who threw the ball to him? Even if you give him credit for all 80 of those yards on the last play, what about the three other receptions he had? Tebow had 3 other passes go for over 40 yards- through the air, not from stiff arms or great jukes. Guess that's somehow all Thomas and none of it is Tebow huh? There may be 11 other games that, in spite of W or L, you could find fault with Tebow or say the team carried him. Yesterday's game is not the same deal. He had the highest total QB rating in a playoff game since the stat was invented against the number one pass D in the league. Arguing that he had a bad game or that someone else deserves credit for that is insane. Look, I get it- you don't like the guy because he has convictions and that somehow offends you. Whatever; fine. Hate him for all I care. But he played the best game of any QB against the Steelers this year, and you're grasping at straws trying to diminish that. Show me a QB who had a better game against them than he did. There was a reason they were the number one pass D. -EK
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:35:35 pm by EKnight » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #460 on: January 09, 2012, 08:14:25 pm »

. Show me a QB who had a better game against them than he did. There was a reason they were the number one pass D. -EK

Kevin Kolb went for 278 and 2 TD's against Pitt.....in regulation. no overtime needed for those stats

Flacco went for 300 and 2 TD's vs Pitt too, once again....NO overtime needed.

Just sayin! And that #1 pass defense take with a grain of salt. They had games vs Tyler Palko, Kerry Collins, 2 vs McCoy, and Kellen Clemens to "pad" their stats in that area. They caught a lot of breaks playing terrible QB's this year with their schedule and "injuries" to oppenents starters
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #461 on: January 09, 2012, 08:15:42 pm »

But he played the best game of any QB against the Steelers this year, and you're grasping at straws trying to diminish that. Show me a QB who had a better game against them than he did.
Joe Flacco in week 1.

In 4 quarters of play, he was 17/29, 224yds, 3 TD, 0 INT.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #462 on: January 09, 2012, 08:15:52 pm »

Did Montana make Rice or vice versa? Did Tebow make Thomas better yesterday or vice versa? In all the hype to prop up Tebow, everyone forgets that other people on the team also have to perform.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #463 on: January 09, 2012, 09:07:29 pm »

Really? I'm honestly shocked that Flacco played that well against them. Having said that, 316>224, 3TDs=3TDs, 50>0. I don't see how Flacco (with more offensive plays, even without the OT) passing for less yards, rushing for less yards, and totaling the same number of TDs is "better." -EK
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:03:50 pm by EKnight » Logged
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #464 on: January 10, 2012, 12:10:12 am »

Did Montana make Rice or vice versa? Did Tebow make Thomas better yesterday or vice versa? In all the hype to prop up Tebow, everyone forgets that other people on the team also have to perform.

Right!?  No wait ... Tebow thanked Jesus for catching that pass for him.  For blocking for him.  For stopping opposing offenses.  JC is a helluva player!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray