Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:09:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  A different take on the draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: A different take on the draft  (Read 6300 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 03:55:10 pm »

I'd be fine with limited mobility, as long as there's plenty of pocket presence.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 06:47:02 pm »

^^^ Agree...I don't care if the guy can dance, as long as he has brass in his pockets.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 06:50:57 pm »

We had one of those already and he was one of the greatest QB's of all time.....so yeah I would take that again!!!!!!

but the game has changed and the level of athletes on defense is far superior than the mid-80's and 90's

can't be stuck in a time capsule. Its 2011, a 1980's type logic (ie Parcells logic) doesn't work!!!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 06:58:02 pm »

but the game has changed and the level of athletes on defense is far superior than the mid-80's and 90's

can't be stuck in a time capsule. Its 2011, a 1980's type logic (ie Parcells logic) doesn't work!!!

Seems to work just fine for Peyton Manning who has no mobility but an Elite arm!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 07:15:47 pm »

Seems to work just fine for Peyton Manning who has no mobility but an Elite arm!!!!!

once again, an exception NOT the norm. You can't depend on drafting one of the top 2 or 3 QB's in NFL history. It's like trying to build a Ravens/Tampa like defense and win that way.There is an .000481% chance that works.   Instead of doing the logical thing most of you always run to the extreme exception to the norm and point to it. WHY? It's silly! You don't need Randall Cunningham as your QB who can fly around the field. But guys like Rodgers, Big Ben, Brady, Bress...who can move a little in the pocket and make a play on the run or with their legs when need be.

Landry Jones can't move and makes those guys look like Carl Lewis
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2011, 07:49:13 pm »

^^^^^ I see what you are saying and I am not arguing that with you.....my response was simply in response to your original question.

So would you rather have a QB with little mobility but has an elite arm or a guy with a good arm but can move a bit in the pocket and outside the pocket if need be. Me, I would take either and just build around whoever ya got.

I was just stating that I have no issue with having a QB with an Elite arm and little mobility (your words) as we have had success with just that before and there have been a select few QB's out there who were just that and did fine in the league then and are doing fine in the league now. You confuse me sometimes, its almost like you are arguing with yourself or just arguing for the sake or arguing. Talk about "Silly" (again your words) you just stated this "I would take either and just build around whoever ya got" so when I agree with you and tell you I would as well and I like Landry more the Barkley even with his mobility issues as it has worked out before you tell me I am going with the exception but not the norm. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to engage you in conversation.  Huh

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 09:39:05 pm »

There is an .000481% chance that works... 

Man, that had to hurt like hell, puliing a 6 digit number that deep out of your ass... I hope you at least sat on a cold pillow (or bag of frozen peas) after you posted that, to try to ease the burn. Wink

To put things back on topic... I'd have no problem with any of those three early first round QBs, though I rate Landry a little better pro prospect than Barkley at this point. If we get a major upgrade at GM and HC this offseason, I'd be willing to trust them on any other QBs they think they may like outside of the first round as well.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray