Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:29:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ryan Mallet anyone?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ryan Mallet anyone?  (Read 3103 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: November 02, 2011, 05:12:42 pm »

Um, where have I heard this before....oh yeah, it's was me.  Evil

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2011/11/could-ryan-mallett-have-made-a-difference-for-miami.html

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 05:13:55 pm »

There was a fairly large contingent of Mallett-lovers on this board...still wish Miami would have drafted him.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 05:29:39 pm »

Then?  Would have been great.  Now?  Please no!  The Pats would ask (and our sorry front office would give) way too much.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 05:38:16 pm »

Another Stupid Armando column of speculation.  Unless Mallet performed like Brady or P. Manning, the Dolphins would have no more wins than they currently have.  Indy sucks without Peyton.  The Pats lost this week with a less than Brady-esque performance.  Mallet may end up being great in the right situation, but that is not Miami, not this year anyway.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 05:57:45 pm »

Another Stupid Armando column of speculation.  Unless Mallet performed like Brady or P. Manning, the Dolphins would have no more wins than they currently have.  Indy sucks without Peyton.  The Pats lost this week with a less than Brady-esque performance.  Mallet may end up being great in the right situation, but that is not Miami, not this year anyway.
Well that wasn't exactly his point. He never speculated that Miami would have more wins with Mallet, in fact he said they'd probably still be 0'fer, but his point was that perhaps we wouldn't be worrying about our chances to suck for luck right now. Perhaps we would have seen a little potential in Mallet and perhaps we could have spent the first pick on something other than QB next year.

We had 2 chances to grab Mallet and we passed on him twice for Pouncey and Thomas.  Thomas is a nice little back, but I don't think anyone is convinced he's going to be anything special. Same goes for Pouncey, put 2 guards on either side of him that can play and perhaps he anchors a decent line, but he hasn't proven to be anything special.

The biggest knocks on Mallet weren't the measureables so much as it was the unmeasureable. Some said he wasn't a leader. Other's said he was a drunk and perhaps had even worse problems with drugs, etc. That didn't seem to scare New England away, the same New England that already has Tom Brady on their roster.

The assumption at the time was that Miami was gonna get a veteran QB to challenge Henne, but we ended up with Moore.  Hindsight is 20/20, but there were plenty of folks around these parts that were praying for Mallet on draft day. I was one of them.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:59:35 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 06:57:57 pm »

If I was the GM, both Mark Ingram and Ryan Mallett would likely be in Dolphins uniforms right now.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 08:01:36 pm »

Ryan who?

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
tubba marxxx
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 08:08:34 am »

Ryan who?

Exactly.

Ya know how I know he'll never amount to anything?  Because Brandon Marshall said he'll be a stud.   Roll Eyes
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 12:53:33 pm »

Reality is no one knows much more about Mallet today than they did on draft day.

The only thing we can be confident of is that Bill Belichick (who knows a thing or two about football) thinks Brian Hoyer is a better QB than Ryan Mallet. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 02:17:34 pm »

^^What makes you say that? When Hoyer goes in the game before Mallet then you can say that. Depth charts don't mean a thing. Just ask Brady Quinn.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:19:27 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »

I'd like to ask something...

People all seem to be in agreement that Sam Bradford is a pretty damn fine QB.  Steve Jackson is a hell of a running back.  Yet St. Louis sucks dog ass.  One player, not matter how good, won't change this franchises fortunes completely.  Dan Marino via 1984 wouldn't make much difference for this team right now.  Too many holes.  Who cares about Mallet?  Seriously?  Miami might have one win instead of zero.  I highly doubt it.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 08:11:17 pm »

I'd like to ask something...

People all seem to be in agreement that Sam Bradford is a pretty damn fine QB.  Steve Jackson is a hell of a running back.  Yet St. Louis sucks dog ass.  

St.Louis does not suck. They almost made the playoffs last year and this year look at their schedule. They opened with Philly, Giants, Ravens, Packers, Cowboys, Redskins (when they were still good), Saints...for a young team on the rise that is tough.They will finish the season close to .500 because their schedule gets much easier. That is not bad team by any means. Their schedule was just front loaded.
tubba marxxx
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 08:28:52 pm »

St.Louis does not suck. They almost made the playoffs last year and this year look at their schedule. They opened with Philly, Giants, Ravens, Packers, Cowboys, Redskins (when they were still good), Saints...for a young team on the rise that is tough.They will finish the season close to .500 because their schedule gets much easier. That is not bad team by any means. Their schedule was just front loaded.

+1

and not to mention they have been decimated with injuries this year
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 11:22:10 am »

^^What makes you say that? When Hoyer goes in the game before Mallet then you can say that. Depth charts don't mean a thing. Just ask Brady Quinn.

If Brady got injured during a game, Hoyer would go in.  Mallet is inactive on game day. 

That says BB trusts Hoyer more than Mallet at this moment, which may be based on experience not raw talent, we don't know.  But we do know that as of the Steelers game, if Brady is not available Belichick would rather put the ball in Hoyer's hands than Mallet's. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 02:54:26 pm »

Why would Mallet be inactive on game day?  The third QB "rule" was eliminated.  There's no benefit to making them inactive.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray