Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:06:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ryan Mallet anyone?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ryan Mallet anyone?  (Read 3104 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »

IF he's inactive then he must really really suck.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 11:05:20 pm »

St.Louis does not suck. They almost made the playoffs last year and this year look at their schedule. They opened with Philly, Giants, Ravens, Packers, Cowboys, Redskins (when they were still good), Saints...for a young team on the rise that is tough.They will finish the season close to .500 because their schedule gets much easier. That is not bad team by any means. Their schedule was just front loaded.

Philly started, what?  1-4?  The Giants are not great, the Redskins are terrible.  The Cowboys are less than average.  You didn't exactly rattle off a list of Saints, Patriots, Packers (twice), Ravens...

Any team that is 1-6 sucks.  I love how St. Louis is 1-6 and it's injuries and strength of schedule.  Miami is 0-7 (and by the way, was pretty much in every one of the games minus one) and just suck (although they've had an equally hard schedule and injury issues as well). 

Bradford, plain and simple, isn't the savior in St. Louis.  They had a decent, okay at best season last season.  They might get 5 wins this year. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 11:11:07 pm »

You didn't exactly rattle off a list of Saints, Patriots, Packers (twice), Ravens...

Yeah I did. I named 3 of those teams Roll Eyes. Ravens, Saints, and Packers. Giants are in 1st place. Redskins started off the year hot before tanking. And Dallas is very good.

But believe what ya want.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 12:26:55 am »

Miami is 0-7 (and by the way, was pretty much in every one of the games minus one) and just suck (although they've had an equally hard schedule and injury issues as well).   

I might give you strength of schedule, but what injury issues has this team had?  There have been spot injuries for the games, but St. Louis has been missing almost all of their receivers and almost all of the CBs all season long.  The only season ending injury loss Miami has endured is that of the QB, who isn't significantly better than the guy who replaced him.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 01:01:12 am »

I might give you strength of schedule, but what injury issues has this team had?  There have been spot injuries for the games, but St. Louis has been missing almost all of their receivers and almost all of the CBs all season long.  The only season ending injury loss Miami has endured is that of the QB, who isn't significantly better than the guy who replaced him.
I disagree...if we had Henne we would have at least won the Denver game.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 03:32:10 am »

I don't see a difference between Henne and Moore.  They might as well be the same person except that Moore is more mobile.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 02:13:43 pm »

Why would Mallet be inactive on game day?  The third QB "rule" was eliminated.  There's no benefit to making them inactive.

Mallet is a paid spectator with a front row view on game day.  Hoyer is the back up QB.  If both Brady and Hoyer went down the game is probably lost, but Edelman played QB in college and would likely be at that position.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 08:59:04 pm »

According to NFL.com's NE roster list, Mallet is active.

Again, I don't understand why he would not be.  Prior to this season, teams did not activate the 3rd QB because it saved a roster spot.  But that exemption was just eliminated.  So what's the point of not activating Mallet?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 09:52:03 am »

According to the offical game book on NFL.com (for the Steelers game) we as inactive and Hoyer was did not play.  Not sure what you are looking at. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray