Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:29:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Poll: Are you on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Poll
Question: Suck for Luck?
Yes
No

Author Topic: Poll: Are you on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon?  (Read 16611 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: November 02, 2011, 08:58:04 pm »

Other than Brian Fein - is anyone not on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon? Even I'm on that one.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Landshark
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 07:40:28 am »

I'm about halfway on it.  Part of me wants to see this team win.  Part of me wants them to get Luck. 
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 08:13:18 am »

I want them to get Luck, but I am not for tanking the season purposely.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 09:15:59 am »

Personally it wouldn't bother me if Ross gave the team the rest of the season off. It hurts me that all I do is make fun of "us" anymore.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 09:21:10 am »

I was very heated about "fans" (yes I used the quotations whoever called me out last time) actually rooting for the Dolphins to lose games. It is one thing to wish that the QB we draft (I doubt there is anyone who feels we should look another direction right now) turns into a top flight NFL QB. It is another to say you actually want your favorite team to lose games. I don't think a real fan does that.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 09:31:55 am »

I was very heated about "fans" (yes I used the quotations whoever called me out last time) actually rooting for the Dolphins to lose games. It is one thing to wish that the QB we draft (I doubt there is anyone who feels we should look another direction right now) turns into a top flight NFL QB. It is another to say you actually want your favorite team to lose games. I don't think a real fan does that.

I used to think that way as well. And then this year happened. 

Hey I just thought of a postive ... Maybe I will get my fan card revoked and then save some money?  Cheesy

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 11:46:33 am »

I'm a NO.  At this point in the season I'm indifferent as to whether the Fins win or lose, but I can't root for them to lose.  Maybe if it were the last game of the season, we'll see.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 12:00:16 pm »

AGREED Whole-heartedly.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 12:33:09 pm »

And as I said before, if you think that your favorite team losing games this year can directly lead to them winning championships in the near future, it doesn't somehow make you less of a fan to want them to lose now.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 12:56:57 pm »

I'm on the suck for luck bandwagon if for no other reason it will shut up all those people that think Miami's problems are totally related to the fact that Miami hasn't drafted a QB in the first round since Marino. This will be the litmus test. If you get the most celebrated QB coming out of college in decades and he doesn't turn the franchise around, then that whole argument goes out the window and I can quit hearing about it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 12:59:29 pm »

I WANT us to lose.  But I don't want us to TRY to lose.  The latter hurts the integrity of the game of footbal and puts a cloud over your franchise.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 01:00:35 pm »

I'm on the suck for luck bandwagon if for no other reason it will shut up all those people that think Miami's problems are totally related to the fact that Miami hasn't drafted a QB in the first round since Marino.

I don't think the draft position is as much of an issue as the fact that Miami hasn't had a quality QB since Marino...regardless of where they might draft their QB prospects.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 01:13:46 pm »

^^I definately hear the sentiment that the reason is because we haven't really tried to get a replacement for him.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 01:49:09 pm »

They have drafted 2 different 2nd round QB's.  By the way, Drew Brees was a 2nd round QB.

Most of the haters are very specific about their desire for a 1st round QB.

So that way, when he's a bust, he can cripple the franchise because not only do you still have a bust QB, but you also wasted your 1st round pick that year.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 01:59:35 pm »

, but you also wasted your 1st round pick that year.

like miami hasn't wasted any of those over the years.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray