Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:22:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Poll: Are you on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Poll
Question: Suck for Luck?
Yes
No

Author Topic: Poll: Are you on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon?  (Read 16613 times)
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 06:10:47 pm »

I guess this is becoming moot.  The Dolphins are killing me here.  First, they kill my season 3 games in.  Then, they kill their future by winning 2 straight.  They even suck at sucking...

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 08:14:50 pm »

Did anyone see the Stanford/Oregon game last night?  Luck didn't look too good.  At this point, I'd almost prefer Landry Jones.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 01:18:06 am »

Did anyone see the Stanford/Oregon game last night?  Luck didn't look too good.  At this point, I'd almost prefer Landry Jones.

Every minute of it...and still prefer Andrew Luck. Not like Miami has any chance at him now though, so Jones and Barkley are likely going to end up the prime suspects. Unless, of course, Miami wins 2-3 more games, in which case we'll probably end up with a pass rusher in the #8-#10 area of round one.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 07:48:16 am »

Every minute of it...and still prefer Andrew Luck. Not like Miami has any chance at him now though, so Jones and Barkley are likely going to end up the prime suspects. Unless, of course, Miami wins 2-3 more games, in which case we'll probably end up with a pass rusher in the #8-#10 area of round one.

I think this will be our destiny.  I said if we get a lttle confidence we will end up screwing ourselves. Well we now have a little confidence so ....

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 08:21:15 am »

^^...and I'm fine with it. Smiley
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 10:15:03 am »

Huh. Your fine with not drafting a legit QB?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 10:39:37 am »

^^^ This is my problem with the Suck for Luck mentality. That is not even remotely close to what Brian said. There are options outside the #1 spot on finding a quality QB. There is no guarantee any of these top three guys will be quality QBs. No one knows anything and that is why tanking on purpose (especially when you guys were calling for it after 1/4 of the season was all that had been played) is stupid.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:41:56 am by Phishfan » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 10:41:21 am »

^^ Thank you.  Exactly right.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 10:46:34 am »

^^Alright then I'll state exactly what the "Suck for Luck" mentality is.  A win or 2 now is not as important as the long term success of the team and if losing those games now helps in the long run, then we would prefer that.

Can you agree with that? Yes or no.

Certainly we can't know whether losing now will help us in the future, but winning a couple games now will not help us in the future either, so they are hollow wins that we are willing to sacrifice. I don't see why that's a big issue. I'm not saying that "Suck for Luck" is some grand scheme, it's not, it's called hoping for the best. That's it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:14:24 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2011, 11:02:00 am »

^^^ This is my problem with the Suck for Luck mentality. That is not even remotely close to what Brian said. There are options outside the #1 spot on finding a quality QB. There is no guarantee any of these top three guys will be quality QBs. No one knows anything and that is why tanking on purpose (especially when you guys were calling for it after 1/4 of the season was all that had been played) is stupid.
Stroke said after winning a few we would likely end up drafting a pass rusher alluding to the available QBs wouldn't be worth taking that high. I said I see that happening. Brian said he has no problem with that. My question is that he, and I guess you, are ok with not drafting one of the three QBs everyone has tagged but drafting another Henne who might or might not have potential?

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 11:42:55 am »

^^Alright then I'll state exactly what the "Suck for Luck" mentality is.  A win or 2 now is not as important as the long term success of the team and if losing those games now helps in the long run, then we would prefer that.

Can you agree with that? Yes or no.

Certainly we can't know whether losing now will help us in the future, but winning a couple games now will not help us in the future either, so they are hallow wins that we are willing to sacrifice. I don't see why that's a big issue. I'm not saying that "Suck for Luck" is some grand scheme, it's not, it's called hoping for the best. That's it.

That is not the Suck for Luck mentality. Since game four the premise has been lose all games and actually root for it. You have simplified the equation so much it isn't funny. In reality what you are willing to sacrifice by ROOTING for the Dolphins to lose is self respect on yourself and the team in general. That is something I don't have any desire to sacrifice. This you have to lose now to win in the future in short sighted (I know I've been accused of that as well) and asinine. How many teams have lost year after year for over a decade seemingly never get much better? How many team have continued winning for over a decade? Neither guarantees a winning future so winning now is all you really have.

CF, I'll let Brian respond but I think he and I are on the same page as to what he was getting at.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:45:55 am by Phishfan » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 12:03:18 pm »

That is not the Suck for Luck mentality.
That's my Suck for Luck mentality. I can't speak for anyone else.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 12:42:37 pm »

Agreed with Phish.  I STRONGLY feel that there are lots of ways to get better and many people feel like the only way to improve is named Andrew Luck.  I disagree.

The way the Dolphins typically operate (in every aspect) is to go with the popular decision that everyone wants, and it never ever ever pans out.  Five years later we look back and see how dumb it was.  Nick Saban, Cam Cameron, Daunte Culpepper all come to mind.

In my opinion, any pick in the top 10 will be a "make your team better" player.  And I'm not willing to root AGAINST my favorite team, which I have been die-hard for 30 years, just to draft one single QB that will likely be a flop anyway.

That's how I see it.  I'd rather win a few games, feel good, ruin a few other people's seasons, and have an ounce of pride than put all my eggs in Andrew Luck's basket.

But that's just me.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 06:33:44 pm »

If the Dolphins win 2-3 more games the question will be what are the Fins willing to give up to get P. Manning?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2011, 09:50:34 am »

^^^ That question has already been thrown about and I don't want to give up anything for him.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray