Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:03:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  A new low as a Dolphins fan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: A new low as a Dolphins fan  (Read 8228 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: November 15, 2011, 12:34:19 am »

After the 1-15 season, I was pretty depressed.  After MIA started the season 0-4, I was also pretty glum.

But neither of those things are as discouraging as what MIA is facing now.  Right now, MIA is potentially looking at the prospect of a 5-11 record; a pathetic, useless season that's not quite bad enough to allow MIA to make any real improvement.  At 0-7, I still had hope and a genuine rooting interest to follow the score every week (if only to hope for a loss); at 2-7, the games are damn near meaningless either way.

When I was forced to come to terms with the fact that my team is out of contention, 4 weeks into the new season after an 8-month offseason, at least there was the beacon of hope that if MIA was really this bad, they had a chance to get a game-changing player.  It gave me a silver lining on this turd of a season.  And now even that silver lining is gone.

I can't remember a more demoralizing season.  Even in '07, I could follow the games in hope that we avoided the spectre of 0-16; this year, I just don't see any reason to care.  At all.

tubba marxxx
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 02:03:56 am »

Because Miami possibly won't win the "Andrew Luck Sweepstakes?"  Get over it.  30 other teams won't win it either.  There's 3 other potentially great qb's who will be taken in the first round.  Miami will get one.  Unless you're the new General Manager of the Miami Dolphins, it doesn't matter who you want.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 06:46:03 am »

I was GLAD to see that the team refused to take this attitude. A reverse flea flicker on the first play last week and calling a play for Thomas to throw shows that they didn't want to just roll over and that they are willing to still be competitive. A 4-5 win season could still land a top 3 pick, and as has been mentioned there is more than one good qb available. I've never understood the whole Luck or bust mentality. He hasn't taken an nfl snap yet. There are NO guarantees. Ask Arizona about that. -EK
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 08:55:23 am »

I was GLAD to see that the team refused to take this attitude. A reverse flea flicker on the first play last week and calling a play for Thomas to throw shows that they didn't want to just roll over and that they are willing to still be competitive. A 4-5 win season could still land a top 3 pick, and as has been mentioned there is more than one good qb available. I've never understood the whole Luck or bust mentality. He hasn't taken an nfl snap yet. There are NO guarantees. Ask Arizona about that. -EK

+1

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:49:11 am »

Why did I click on this thread? I just knew it was going to be more of the tired old, we should throw games crap.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 11:07:05 am »

Why did I click on this thread? I just knew it was going to be more of the tired old, we should throw games crap.
I'm getting pretty sick of it too.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 11:38:17 am »

Phishfan, when you say you want Miami to win, are you saying that the Dolphins should start taking steroids, illegally filming the opponent sidelines, secretly violating the salary cap, and having coaches trip opposing players?

No?

Then please stop saying that wishing for a loss means that I want the team to intentionally throw games.

Thanks.

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 11:46:43 am »

Then what exactly do you mean? If they don't intentionally throw a game, but play to their full potential and it is better than their opponent, they win.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 12:01:17 pm »

It's fairly straightforward:

When you root to win, are you rooting to cheat?  Or are you hoping that the breaks fall your way and your team pulls out a victory?

What would be the opposite of that?

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 12:06:18 pm »

So when you watch a game, you are actually rooting for their opponent?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 12:31:24 pm »

Something like that, although I don't get many opportunities to watch games when MIA sucks (being in California and all).

It would be more accurate to say that when I check the scores, I am disappointed if MIA is leading/has won.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:33:19 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 12:39:00 pm »

I could never do that, but to each their own. Here is a good l i n k to watch the games

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/american-football.html

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 01:58:54 pm »

There's 3 other potentially great qb's who will be taken in the first round.  Miami will get one.
You don't know this. Heck if Miami wins 2 or 3 more games there's a very real possibility, even if it's slim, that Miami keeps Sparano, Sparano keeps Henne and Moore and picks another lineman with the 10th pick in the draft.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:03:04 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 02:01:59 pm »

A 4-5 win season could still land a top 3 pick
No, it's not happening. Indy is gonna get the first pick in the draft.  St Louis is probably gonna get the 2nd with maybe 2 or 3 wins. Carolina and Minnesota are probably gonna end up with 3 or 4 wins. Cleveland is probably gonna end up with 3 or 4 wins. 5 wins might keep you in the top 5, but I wouldn't count on it. Heck KC may not win another game this year and end up with 4 wins.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:08:40 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 02:08:20 pm »

Maybe Minnesota picks up Landry or Barkley (Who I am not at all impressed with) but I doubt it, but I think St Louis is ok with Bradford and I am pretty sure Carolina is ok with Cam so I do not really see them taking another QB they have to throw money at.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray