Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:47:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Your favorite Thanksgiving Day Phins game?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Your favorite Thanksgiving Day Phins game?  (Read 9691 times)
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« on: November 22, 2011, 06:16:14 pm »

Nov. 22, 1973
    Miami Dolphins 14, DALLAS COWBOYS 7

Nov. 24, 1977
    Miami Dolphins 55, ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 14

Nov. 25, 1993
  Miami Dolphins 16, DALLAS COWBOYS 14

Nov. 25, 1999
    DALLAS COWBOYS 20, Miami Dolphins 0

Nov. 27, 2003
    Miami Dolphins 40, DALLAS COWBOYS 21

Nov. 23, 2006
  Miami Dolphins 27, DETROIT LIONS 10

I gotta go with 2003 because I don't remember the first 2. And I'll take a blowout over the Cowboys over the game that Leon Lett us win.

Still, 6-1 on Thanksgiving. 7-1 here we come!

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 06:19:59 pm »

The Leon Lett game was boring. Keith Byars broke a big run early but after that nothing really happened till the final minute.

2003 in the throwbacks beating up on the Cowboys was a fun game to watch
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:21:17 pm »

I hope we'll be in throwbacks Thursday.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 06:22:11 pm »

I hope we'll be in throwbacks Thursday.

NFL ended that a few years back. And I am glad they did honestly. The throwback thing is so over.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 06:24:08 pm »

If memory serves me correctly it was the 1993 game that was the Leon Lett disaster for Dallas. That was my favorite on as my Mom being a huge Cowgirls fan was sure that was the game and was in my face about it. Only to have Lett be a complete bonehead and we hang on to win in which case <start sarcasm> I was a loving son and did not rub that win in to her at all......<end sarcasm>!!!!!

It was my most enjoyable by far.

I hated the 99 game with Jimmy <yeah I still loathe you JJ>  and Marino throwing 5 picks I think it was....that game hurt.

The 2003 game was the game that Chambers went off if memory serves me correctly and I enjoyed that one as well.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 06:30:07 pm »

NFL ended that a few years back. And I am glad they did honestly. The throwback thing is so over.

Then why do the Patriots, Packers, and Jets still do it? They have all done it this season.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 06:36:14 pm »

Then why do the Patriots, Packers, and Jets still do it? They have all done it this season.

You can do it once during the season as an alternate jersey (and if you decide to do it Thanksgiving you can). But having all the teams do it on Thanksgiving has been nixed by the league and  they did that a few years.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 06:44:24 pm »

If memory serves me correctly it was the 1993 game that was the Leon Lett disaster for Dallas. That was my favorite on as my Mom being a huge Cowgirls fan was sure that was the game and was in my face about it. Only to have Lett be a complete bonehead and we hang on to win in which case <start sarcasm> I was a loving son and did not rub that win in to her at all......<end sarcasm>!!!!!

It was my most enjoyable by far.

I hated the 99 game with Jimmy <yeah I still loathe you JJ>  and Marino throwing 5 picks I think it was....that game hurt.

The 2003 game was the game that Chambers went off if memory serves me correctly and I enjoyed that one as well.

I worked with a Cowboys fan at the time. I walked in that morning, and he said absolutely nothing to me. Finally, I looked at him and said "Ok, spill it. Lay it on me. We both know you're dying to." He replied "20-0! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" and that was the end of it. I thought that was kind of funny.

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 06:49:32 pm »

Definitely the 1993 sleet bowl game in Dallas!

It was my first opportunity to ever see the Dolphins play in person...and I got to see it in a corporate suite.  Naturally, Marino and Mitchell were hurt so I got to see the great Steve DeBerg at the helm.  I'll remember that game until the day I die.  It's most depressing that wacky weather phenomena are a thing of the past in the new Cowboys' stadium.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 07:26:07 pm »

I did not see the Leon Lett game, but that victory was soon followed by collapse.  Still, it was quite a funny ending to a game.   

2003 was memorable because the day before, my high school team had lost on a Hail Mary.  It was a welcome victory

2006 was memorable too because it was freshman year in college and I was mired in depression and unsure what the future held for me.  Joey Harrington made that Thanksgiving memorable.

BTW, I'm almost positive that I have started a thread like this before.  I'll try to find it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:28:31 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 07:53:36 pm »

1993. One word: awesome.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 08:32:21 pm »

One thing that stands out in my mind about 20-0 was Zach Thomas actually running Emmitt Smith down and tackling him. Smith had a good 5-7 yard lead on him and was about to break it open, but Zach was the only player on defense who even tried to stop him

tubba marxxx
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:07 pm »

I was 6 years old during the 1993 game, don't really remember all that well.

I remember 1999 all too well, Marino's first game back from a pinched nerve injury and he throws 5 interceptions with Dexter Coakley hauling in his only TD pass.  Only problem is that Coakley played for the Cowgirls.

My favorite is 2003.  Fiedler was on fire that game.  16 / 20 with 239 yard and 3 touchdown (all to Chris Chambers).  Defense picked up Quincy Carter 3 times.  It was a great team win.  I'll always remember it.

Don't take anything away from the 2006 game.  Granted everyone wants to forget about a 6 - 10 season, but don't forget the story-line of that game:  Joey Harrington.  For Joey Harrington to come to Detroit (only a year removed from exile), and kick their ass was amazing.  He had 3 touchdown passes.  I'm sure it was a highlight for him in an otherwise disappointing career. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 09:51:20 pm »

I thought that game was going to propel us to the playoffs, especially after they scored a TD early against Jacksonville next week.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be that year.     

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 11:06:12 pm »

I thought that game was going to propel us to the playoffs, especially after they scored a TD early against Jacksonville next week.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be that year.     

You mean 20-0?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray