Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:25:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  For actual fans only
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: For actual fans only  (Read 13881 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 10:14:57 am »

Denver before and after Tebow...nuff said! One player IS the team. The NFL has changed!

Worst example ever. Do you really think the Broncos are winning because of Tebow?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2011, 10:17:39 am »

Such a position is no more convincing than, "You should not ever speak ill of your team."

All of you have no qualms whatsoever speaking ill of the Dolphins under the auspices of "constructive criticism."  Why is wishing for losses any different?

I can't believe you would ever think they are even closely related. Not being satisfied with the way a team is built, performs, etc. is worlds apart from wishing for them to lose. I may not think the roster is the best in the world, but I would still like to see them win games. The two aren't even close.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2011, 10:36:37 am »

Worst example ever. Do you really think the Broncos are winning because of Tebow?

Were they before he became the starter? I'm not going to say he is the sole reason, but, I don't think they changed personnel anywhere else other than QB.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2011, 05:43:07 pm »

Maybe you should ask Hoodie or jtex since neither is a Dolphins fan and is here daily.

Uh, I pointed that out in my post!  Roll Eyes

READ!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2011, 05:43:30 pm »

He is a part of it YES!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 06:03:17 pm »

My problem is sucking now doesn't lead to winning later.  That's just it.  You can't say that with certainty.  Its just not true.
And winning now doesn't lead to anything good either. Nothing good comes from it at least not right now. Not really. Maybe you feel better about them winning then you do if they lose, but it doesn't change the fact that Miami isn't going to the playoffs this year which is the prime directive in any year. That's where the difference between you and I lies.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 07:18:13 pm »

He is a part of it YES!

So Von Miller being dominant and Elvis getting back into form had nothing to do with it? Coach Fox switching the defense back to a 4-3? Veteran leadership on defense( which Tebow himself has even praised)? MaGahee running his ass off?
But you are right, the single reason for the current hot streak the Broncos are on is only because of a crappy QB who can run well.
tubba marxxx
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »

^^ he did say part of
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 08:18:43 pm »

So Von Miller being dominant and Elvis getting back into form had nothing to do with it? Coach Fox switching the defense back to a 4-3? Veteran leadership on defense( which Tebow himself has even praised)? MaGahee running his ass off?
But you are right, the single reason for the current hot streak the Broncos are on is only because of a crappy QB who can run well.

Those other guys are part of it too, correct. QUESTION, Those you mention were also playing when Orton was the QB....correct. So what is the variable that changed, oh that's right. TEBOW in, Orton Out! To give Tebow NO credit, silly. Not even worth having a debate about. I'm no huge Tebow guy, but to give him no credit is foolish and laughable. Tebow gave the team a shot in the arm. That counts for something.

When he started playing the team started winning. If you can't admit that, then I don't know what to tell ya.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 08:19:36 pm »

^^ he did say part of

Why let facts get in the way of a silly rant
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 03:30:38 am »

Those other guys are part of it too, correct. QUESTION, Those you mention were also playing when Orton was the QB....correct. So what is the variable that changed, oh that's right. TEBOW in, Orton Out! To give Tebow NO credit, silly. Not even worth having a debate about. I'm no huge Tebow guy, but to give him no credit is foolish and laughable. Tebow gave the team a shot in the arm. That counts for something.

When he started playing the team started winning. If you can't admit that, then I don't know what to tell ya.

Von Miller is a rookie and is getting into his groove, same with Elvis after coming off an injury filled season and then a lockout. The defense is on an incredible tear the last few games( wow the ones they won). Lets not forget they got a new coach who switched them from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense, so they had to learn a new scheme. So lets see, the defense got going after 4-5 weeks. Yeah that seems about right after coming out of a lock out.
What exactly has Tebow given them besides another run option?
When this team starts beating really good teams, I might consider my opinion of Tebow's future as an NFL starting QB, until then I see a guy running a one dimensional offense who relies on his defense to keep games close enough to win in the 4th or OT and getting all the credit for the whole turn around.
If you cannot admit there is more than Tebow to this current streak, I do not know what to tell you.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2011, 07:09:44 am »

If you cannot admit there is more than Tebow to this current streak, I do not know what to tell you.

What part of me saying....."HE IS A PART OF IT".....did you not understand? Where did I not give anyone else credit.

You have yourself worked up over nothing because I clearly stated Tebow is a part of the reason for the turnaround and not the whole reason. He is a BIGGER part of it, but not the only reason.  Maybe read my posts before you respond and go off on a tirade.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:11:16 am by MikeO » Logged
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 09:02:41 am »

Von Miller is a rookie and is getting into his groove, same with Elvis after coming off an injury filled season and then a lockout. The defense is on an incredible tear the last few games( wow the ones they won). Lets not forget they got a new coach who switched them from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense, so they had to learn a new scheme. So lets see, the defense got going after 4-5 weeks. Yeah that seems about right after coming out of a lock out.
What exactly has Tebow given them besides another run option?
When this team starts beating really good teams, I might consider my opinion of Tebow's future as an NFL starting QB, until then I see a guy running a one dimensional offense who relies on his defense to keep games close enough to win in the 4th or OT and getting all the credit for the whole turn around.

Now you're arguing just to argue. He said he was part of the reason why. You do understand part is not 100%, right?
Landshark
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 09:10:15 am »

They have beaten two good teams during this incredible run.  The Jets and the Raiders are both playoff contenders.  I also have to throw San Diego in there because, while they're record is worse than usual, they have an incredibly talented team.  They just have a bad coach.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 09:48:13 am »

Uh, I pointed that out in my post!  Roll Eyes

READ!

I did read it fully after I posted but you had not mentioned jtex so I left it alone
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray