Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:08:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  For actual fans only
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: For actual fans only  (Read 13663 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2011, 09:56:30 am »

The coolest thing about Tebow is he keeps moving the curve. People have not changed their opinion of him but they keep changing the bar they have set.

1) He'll never get drafted as a QB.
2) He'll never start in the NFL as a QB
3) He will never win games in the NFL
4) He will never be a pro bowl QB
5) He will never win a Super Bowl

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2011, 11:53:37 pm »

Now you're arguing just to argue. He said he was part of the reason why. You do understand part is not 100%, right?

He is just TROLLING looking to pick an internet message board fight.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 11:54:54 pm »

The coolest thing about Tebow is he keeps moving the curve. People have not changed their opinion of him but they keep changing the bar they have set.

1) He'll never get drafted as a QB.
2) He'll never start in the NFL as a QB
3) He will never win games in the NFL
4) He will never be a pro bowl QB
5) He will never win a Super Bowl

ha, I like that!
tubba marxxx
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 03:19:52 pm »

The outcome of the Raiders game yesterday was the original point of my post.

Great win..RIP Mad Dog
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2011, 03:25:20 pm »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Mike is completely right. Please don't give me the "McGahee is running his ass off" stuff, because he had back to back games with under 20 yards, and they won both of them. Noteworthy, too, is that the defense that has been "carrying" Tebow gave up 32 points yesterday, and somehow they won. The only part of the equation that has changed, as Mike pointed out, is Tebow in, Orton out. -EK
MixLovesThemPhins

mixomatix@hotmail.com mixomatix holamix
Email
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2011, 04:37:23 pm »

didn't that defense get a late turnover yesterday Huh

JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2011, 04:46:07 pm »

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Mike is completely right. Please don't give me the "McGahee is running his ass off" stuff, because he had back to back games with under 20 yards, and they won both of them. Noteworthy, too, is that the defense that has been "carrying" Tebow gave up 32 points yesterday, and somehow they won. The only part of the equation that has changed, as Mike pointed out, is Tebow in, Orton out. -EK

Disagree.  That defense gave up 15, 45, 24, 10, 13, 13, and 32 points in the games Tebow has played, starting with the Miami game.  In 4 of those 6 games, Tebow had a chance because and only because that defense was playing out of its mind.  Only in this last game did the offense really play well for an entire half.

Tebow should be given credit for taking advantage of a situation his defense presented with him, but he's not "the only reason".  I admire his results, his passion, dedication and his ability to get it done somehow.  I also think the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Packers (to name a few) would break him over their knees, which is to say it won't hold up against elite teams.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2011, 06:21:32 pm »

How did a thread get so derailed? This isn't a Dolphin discussion at all.
tubba marxxx
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2011, 07:30:14 pm »

How did a thread get so derailed? This isn't a Dolphin discussion at all.

Right?
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2011, 01:24:30 pm »

WHTF Huh Huh Huh Huh  Since when this became a TEBOW topic......................

Exit Stage Left

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2011, 02:11:46 pm »

Missed this in the Tebow squabble:

I can't believe you would ever think they are even closely related. Not being satisfied with the way a team is built, performs, etc. is worlds apart from wishing for them to lose. I may not think the roster is the best in the world, but I would still like to see them win games. The two aren't even close.
Funny, because the reason I wanted to see the team lose is specifically because I was not satisfied with the way they were built and performing.

Your argument is that it is fundamentally unbecoming of a fan to wish for losses.  I say that using that logic, it is also fundamentally unbecoming for a fan to criticize the team.  If you believe that supporting the team as a fan extends to "constructive criticism," why doesn't it extend to hoping for "constructive losses"?

Let me give you a hypothetical scenario so as not to confuse you with the performance of draftees:  suppose MIA has traded Cameron Wake to OAK for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd; the condition of the 3rd is that OAK wins at least 10 games.  It's week 17, and MIA has secured the #3 seed with a 11-4 record, while OAK has clinched their division at 9-6.  MIA cannot improve their station with a win, but will gain an additional 3rd round pick with a loss.  Are you a "bad fan" if you root for MIA to lose?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:22:33 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:27 pm »

Let it die. Any hypothetical you state is not a reflection of what the situation was. I've stated my position. You've stated yours. We are miles away from Suck for Luck at this point. Let it die, please let it die.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2011, 03:21:44 pm »

Let it die. Any hypothetical you state is not a reflection of what the situation was. I've stated my position. You've stated yours. We are miles away from Suck for Luck at this point. Let it die, please let it die.

Grin Grin agreed we should be on the

PLAY LIKE A TURD FOR ~ ROBERT GRIFFIN III  "Da Third"

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2011, 03:40:37 pm »

Let it die. Any hypothetical you state is not a reflection of what the situation was.
So then, your problem is not with "wishing for losses" in general, but specifically and solely with Suck For Luck?

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2011, 03:54:44 pm »

Way to let it die there Spider.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray