Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:54:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game Jets II
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game Jets II  (Read 6998 times)
tepop84
Uber Member

« on: January 01, 2012, 04:04:55 pm »

Daniel Thomas.  He is pretty terrible.  What another bust 2nd round pick for ireland.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 04:15:17 pm »

I can't believe after beating the Jets of all teams you would immediately make a SOTG thread instead of a game ball one.  Freaking ridiculous. 

Anyways...ya Thomas gets SOTG.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 04:45:41 pm »

Thomas as well. But, I think he is serviceable. I wouldn't be very quick to cut him just yet.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 05:38:22 pm »

I'd go with Matt Moore.  He was horribly inaccurate all day with his throws.  Thomas wasn't bad...he just wasn't great.

Moore on the other hand, had a laughable game.  His team bailed him out.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 05:58:49 pm »

Moore had a key 4th quarter drive in which he converted 6 third-down completions.  That earns him something in my book.

Thomas is my vote.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »

None for me this week

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 10:37:16 pm »

thomas was disappointing but i dont think you can call him a bust based on one game. so, shame this week... sure.  but he will be a serviceable back longer term. good, probably not great
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 11:11:54 pm »

thomas was disappointing but i dont think you can call him a bust based on one game. so, shame this week... sure.  but he will be a serviceable back longer term. good, probably not great

He is a bust on a season of work, not just one game.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 11:30:06 pm »

you think everyone is a bust. good thing your opinion doesnt matter
Landshark
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:58 am »

Good, but not great.  And not justifying all the picks Ireland threw away to move up to the second round to draft him. 
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 08:45:36 am »

I was certain- dead set certain- when they announced the trade to move up, Miami was taking Ryan Mallet. Not sure how I feel about Thomas. He was hurt so frequently, I'm giving him a pass for this year. He showed flashes of hard running and good hands when he did play, and it's not like any of our other running backs were overly successful running up the middle, which is what they had Thomas trying to do. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 09:48:36 am »

...and it's not like any of our other running backs were overly successful running up the middle, which is what they had Thomas trying to do. -EK
Other than Bush you mean?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 10:26:00 am »

Other than Bush you mean?

Just out of curiosity, is that based on actual numbers or just your recollection? I ask simply because I recall A LOT of hopeless runs up the middle by Bush.

On a related note, we're top-10 in the league in rushing as long as we stay away from Colombo's side. To the right, we're 31st in the league... I think I see an issue that needs addressing this off season :-)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 10:33:46 am »

Just out of curiosity, is that based on actual numbers or just your recollection? I ask simply because I recall A LOT of hopeless runs up the middle by Bush.
Well he didn't get a thousand yards going around the end that's for dang sure. Unfortunately I don't have any stats on just how many yards he had rushing up the middle, but it's not necessarily just about how many yards you get. Rushing up the middle is not just about gaining yards, it's about forcing the defense to commit to defending the run. If you become one dimensional offensively, the defense has the advantage. Miami did a great job this year of NOT becoming 1 dimensional. Balance is the key.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 10:54:05 am »

The whole team gets one for being 6-10. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray