Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:27:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Brian Daboll deserves another year.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brian Daboll deserves another year.  (Read 4423 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: January 01, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »

I liked what I saw the last half of the year from Moore, Bush, Marshall, Fasano and Clay. It took too long to get it going, but once he got it going it was going pretty well. Get him a young QB to groom, get your LT healthy and bring in a new RT, but don't get rid of Daboll.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 05:39:21 pm »

No.  Get rid of him.  I don't like what I saw.  Hell, it took him 7 weeks to figure out what to do with Reggie Bush.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 06:04:17 pm »

No.  Get rid of him.  I don't like what I saw.  Hell, it took him 7 weeks to figure out what to do with Reggie Bush.

I agree
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 06:26:02 pm »

I didn't really see Miami doing anything differently with Bush in the 2nd half of the season that he wasn't doing in the first half. The only difference was they were doing it better. All the talk about getting Bush the ball in space was just talk, he did fine running between the tackles once he started to get some room with the passing game keeping the safeties playing honest.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 06:37:42 pm »

I agree he should get another shot. But that all depends on who the new HC is.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 04:59:16 am »

Keep Daboll! its a new QB or OC almost ever year, they didnt look bad, with no offseason they never got a chance to get it going, i'd def keep Daboll....I would keep Aparano, those players loved playing for him. any team that looses theirstarting QB is gonna struggle...But one thing that shocked me, they got rid of almost all their RB's...whats wrong with the menagement?? Ricky, Ronnie, Polite, gone! 2 of their best play makers for them in the past.....I just hope they choose the right Head Coach....i dont think big name coach is good idea, he'll just take the money and wont put his heart into it....But Sparano was the guy for the job, too bad...P.S new GM wouldnt be a bad idea Smiley
el diablo
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 07:29:13 am »

Grin
I agree he should get another shot. But that all depends on who the new HC is.

I agree. Depends on the head coach. Personally, I would keep both coordinators. Therefore, the players have something consistent. And if they do worse, u know where to start cleaning house.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 08:34:29 am »

7 weeks? The Saints had 5 years and couldn't "figure it out," or he would have been more productive. 7 weeks seems ahead of their curve. Keep Daboll. -EK
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 03:43:18 pm »

Keep Daboll, did a decent job.  Let's not forget it was a short pre-season, change of starting QB's, new lineman, new RB's, and injuries to deal with.  Everyone of you knew before the season it was going to take 3 games just for the line to mesh.  A couple non-dropped balls by Marshall, and a couple Defensive stops in the 4th qtr, and the Fins are in the playoffs next week.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:44:23 am by masterfins » Logged
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 06:28:50 pm »

It is obvious that Daboll knows how to develop a QB.  In my opinion, there is no quality more important in an OC than that.  Proof - He did it with McCoy (who took a step backward when he left), he did it with Henne (even in a short offseason) and he did it with Moore (who had essentially no offseason work).

If he can get solid production out of mediocre QB's like that, I say the guy is a talent that we should try not to lose.

But we will lose him, because of asshole Dolphins fans that scream for coaches to be fired when they don't know what the hell they are talking about.  Thanks guys like Mike and Mecadon for doing your part to keep the team in the shitter.  Appreciate it.   Roll Eyes 

Love my team, starting to hate the fans!  Not all of them of course, but it is getting close to the majority these days.
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 07:51:23 pm »

Love my team, starting to hate the fans!  Not all of them of course, but it is getting close to the majority these days.

+1
el diablo
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 10:57:39 pm »

+2
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 12:23:57 am »

It is obvious that Daboll knows how to develop a QB.  In my opinion, there is no quality more important in an OC than that.  Proof - He did it with McCoy (who took a step backward when he left), he did it with Henne (even in a short offseason) and he did it with Moore (who had essentially no offseason work).

If he can get solid production out of mediocre QB's like that, I say the guy is a talent that we should try not to lose.

But we will lose him, because of asshole Dolphins fans that scream for coaches to be fired when they don't know what the hell they are talking about.  Thanks guys like Mike and Mecadon for doing your part to keep the team in the shitter.  Appreciate it.   Roll Eyes 

I'm not sure I see much of a track record with the QBs listed.  He did fine for the most part with Matt Moore, but Henne was absolutely pathetic this year (save for the opening game against the worst pass defense in the NFL) and Colt was none too good in 2010 either as he won only 2 games and threw more INTs than TDs.  Granted both were playing with bad supporting casts and coaches, but I'm not sure how you could point to either Henne or Colt as successes under Daboll's tenure. 

I'm happy I was included in the list of fans who are personally keeping this team down.  Now that I'm aware of this problem, I will rectify the situation as soon as possible.  Had I known it was me all along, I'd stop blaming bad coaching and bad personnel decisions for the Dolphins abysmal record this millennium.  Thank goodness it's me and not the sanctimonious who think they are the arbiter of which fans are good enough.

Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:56 am »

I'm happy I was included in the list of fans who are personally keeping this team down.  Now that I'm aware of this problem, I will rectify the situation as soon as possible.  Had I known it was me all along, I'd stop blaming bad coaching and bad personnel decisions for the Dolphins abysmal record this millennium.  Thank goodness it's me and not the sanctimonious who think they are the arbiter of which fans are good enough.

Your welcome!  Grin 

Seriously though, I apologize for specifying you in my rant (Mike too).  I am just frustrated with change for the sake of change.  I am also frustrated with short sighted perspectives, which I find your post earlier in this thread to be.  Not that all of your posts are short sighted.  But it did bug me a bit.  I don't want to get rid of a talented guy when I have no reason to believe his replacement would be any better. 

Also, as far as your comment about Bush and not using him right for the first 6-7 weeks or so...  I happen to think it is a little mistaken.  After week six it isn't like they started using Bush in a totally different way.  They kept running him up the middle but it started working.  I agree that there were more plays designed to go outside, but it wasn't exactly overwhelmingly different.  As far as I can tell, the main reason for the improvement was that the timing improved.

So, I do apologize for lumping you into a group of people I am frustrated with based on one post.  It was wrong to do so.  But I do disagree with your sentiment in this thread.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 01:42:51 pm »

In the interest of reaching common ground, of all the main coaches on the staff, I think Daboll might be the most worthy of being kept around.  That's not necessarily an endorsement of Daboll, but more an indictment of Mike Nolan and others.  I was not pleased with Daboll this season outside of his work with Matt Moore.  Maybe a 2nd season is warranted to see a larger improvement...

but regardless of our opinions, I do think he's most likely gone anyway as a new HC probably doesn't want to be stuck with another man's offense.  It's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray